xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SharpShooter22

Google,a Great Search Enigine? is it?

Lol I wonder when the last time was that I used another web search machine then google... From the moment I've first heard of it Im using it, and I will probably stay using it in the future, since it is it's time far ahead.

Google is the best search engine without a doubt! I don't like AskJeeves because the layout of the site is cluttered, and the ads are too central/there are too many ads at the top of the search results. I have also used google for ages and pretty much learned to search using google...Go Google!!

you are all google fans?:Pthe technique of search enginne have a history of 10 more years.but the web have developing so fast.from web1.0 to web 2.0.i think search enginer have been slow on the growing.i wish a great changing of that.

hi thereGoogle undoubtly rules the websearch. Years have gone past and technologies have become obsolete. But google stood the test of the time and emerged as a clear leader in the field. Beside web search , I have used it for my site search and it worked amazingly smooth. I wish Google the best of innovation.Knowlege Pool

I think Google is the best web search engine of all time. Before Google existed, I used Alta Vista as my main search engine. The best part is they also keep coming up with neat new programs and services - which makes them even better!

I have always felt Google is the best but never really researched the issue. That said there is a lot of room for improvement as more advanced techniques are used to index the data. For instance data mining techniques heavily based on artificial intelligence. For Google to stay on top it will have to adapt with future technology and if it fails to stay on the leading edge it will fall just like any other high tech company that fails to stay on top.

Well, if you are looking for a great search engine that has encounted world-wide fame and basically trillions of web sites on their humongous database with basically millions of other programs such as Picasa or KeyHole, then yes, Google is the best search engine that you will ever fine in the history of ever. Ask Jeeves isn't the greatest search engine, and Ask Jeeves: Kids is just terrible...

When I was writing this, instead of Ask Jeeves, I almost said Ask Google!

Um...

*Cough*

*Cough*

Stephen

I think google is a great search enigine for looking up things like games,info,pictures,stores and thier prices,ext. well google is a good search engine i use it all the time to find stuff online it works gives u alot of choices.I think ask jeeves is another great search engine it works well as google u think so?

175516[/snapback]

Google is indeed very interesting.It has everything you need at a click of a button, although your search?s accuracy will not always be 100%, the wide variety it too great. I use Google a lot, maybe too much? But even so at it, it?s very resourceful.As well as all the other power Google now has like the Google web accelerator, or Google earth, Google is getting bigger and more known. Hell it?s even in my Microsoft word dictionary >_> So I do believe it is a great search engine, free and reliable, although it sometimes link you to the..bad sites..

Google is the best because of the layout of the page, the easy-to-type-in website name, and, of course, the results. The only search engine I've ever used in place of Google was Yahoo search, which was before I even heard about it.

Google serach is amaizing. And all of their other services revolves around their groundbreaking serach algorith. But the thing is, Google is growing dangerously amitious now and that's bad. Sure, there must always be competition to benefit consumers but I think it has gone beyond that.But Yahoo! and AskJeeves are fast gaining and some new services by yahoo! are so very incredible. Only time will tell what Google is going to grow into.

Google is the search engine I use, as it seems to give the most accurate results out of all the ones I have tried. I also find it very easy to navigate, although that may just be due to familiarity. There is a FireFox extension I use that also helps, as gives some added options to Google, which improve it even more (If that is possible)One of the problems Google is going to have is that it is very easy for people to swap the search engines they use, so if Google didn't do very well for a few months, people would just switch to Yahoo or whatever, this is probably one of the reasons why Google is trying to diversify so much.