xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whafizi

New Worm, M$ Users, Be Warned! WORM_ZOTOB.D and WORM_RBOT.CBQ

New Virus is emerging. Microsoft users, be alerted!. This is one of the reason why i dont really like M$ stuff, but still, i need it really much despite of its problems

I'm sure this virus is able to penetrate every PC using M$ os, eventhough it's security has been updated regularly. The only one who safe is the ppl who uses extra firewall, software or hardware.

Notice from KuBi:
Changed title from "virus" to "worm". This is a worm, not a virus. Also, to see a more in-depth description of this worm, please refer to my thread here

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

^ I agree with the above ^My PC-Cillin (trend Micro) subscription just ran out.... great timing!! :)I have lots of extra security... though iv never had a problemUsaully windows is quite happy to kill itself sometimes. :D Yay to M$! Its always the target for everything! Mostly because Linux users know how to avoid viruses etc...

Or... You could just use Windows Update!I updated my computer a few days ago and I noticed a hotfix that repairs that (already mentioned) Plug & Play vulnerability in Windows XP. So, most viruses actually come through Windows vulnerabilities and other security holes... The other way is from you opening potentially infected files without an Antivirus, or with a Antivirus that hasn't been updated for a long time.So, use Windows Update and don't be too quick with those double-clicks! (Or just install Linux :) )

Greedy computer companies. They release software before it is developed and now look what happens. We get virus alerts every week or so. So what if they can get the program on the shelves faster. More people will buy it if it is safer.

Oh my, Microsoft really needs to brush up on their security levels I mean seriously. We give the money and we get crappy service in return. I've never figured out how to use Linux and I doubt I'd be able to. xD

Actually, the only people who can get the *WORM* are Windows 2000 people, those are the people who will accidentaly give the *WORM* to other people. The only thing you need to do too prevent this *WORM* is set up a firewall and virus protection. To read a more, in-depth report of this *WORM* please read my thread; http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26242-new-worm-please-note-new-worm-here/

Well, I have Anti-Virus software and a Firewall (all which work well!), so I guess I'm pretty much safe from this. I'm also going to be switching to Linux (which I hope will be worth the trouble of downloading). Anyway, I hate how people are making these worms and all that! It's so annoying, and it (sometimes) wrecks peoples' systems. Oh well, at least there are fixes for this type of stuff.

Ick, I just recovered from Alcan.A and I thought it was bad. This is a ton worse, I just had to clear the registry and delete a few .com files and MSCONFIGS....and I thought it was pretty hard.I really need to learn more about this, I'm going to go read a bit.

I have the virus contained in my PC and I already programed a cure against it :D If anyone finds this on their machine, open it with text document and go down to line 5567. 40 Characters to the right, type in this:3fg2gfkOnce you do this, the virus will automatically initiate a self-destruct once detected. This is just a missing line of code that was removed to make sure the virus would be effective!Or you can just not download any misc. files from the internet. Works for me just great :) If the instructions above don't work, then just don't do anything with the virus. Infact, make sure virus scanner does not auto detect! Peace out,Darler333

beware guys. this worm has already mutated and has already sparked a "WORM WAR". several of it's variants have this uncanny and welcome ability to track and destroy the original zotob worm. BUT after doing that, it just replaces its own variant to the system and basically doing the same thing that zotob does. hacker groups obviously are pitting their own worm variants against each other, and who knows what other mishaps are inserted in their codes to do more damage. it has affected BIG companies already, and continuously spreading... unless your system is protected properly. but then again, as the worm war has already begun, it is not reassuring to even have updated AV running in your system. *sighs*

Worm wars? Sheesh. People making things to destroy computer systems just do it for power and fun. :) They don't care about the people they send the worms to. To think they do this to show-off while causing much anguish and hair ripping madness to the infected people. *aaagh!* Then again, it's inevitable... but I still wonder why those people get lives and do something more productive?With their skills, they should be doing helpful programs and stuff... Just seeing them go to waste also make me more annoyed.Worm, trojan and virus makers should really get lives. It's really stupid, what they're doing... :D