xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

What Does The Meaning Of Google Pr And Alexa Tr i just confous

i just got that Public rank? and i have a domain not using very much .it has been for half a year.when i quory it's pr it's 3.. ^_but i ' am not do much with it.when i checked the domain in alexa it's no record.. -_- why?andi have another domain in alexa it's 163,0000 and in google pr it's 0..but why??

Google Page rank depends on the no. of other sites which link to you and also the no. of pages you have in your website. It is also influenced a bit by the internal linking of your pages. But the main thing here to note is, it depends on the external sites pointing to your site.A good page rank helps you score better in search engine results.On the other hand, Alexa has a diffrent ranking system. It collects small bits of information from people using the alexa tool bar and ranks a website according to its reach. So, more people using alexa visiting your site will shoot your rank up. The traffic rank is analyzed in similar way.However, both the systems are not reliable. In case of Google, a new fresh site which has lot of information and content might not have enough link backs and hence can fail in search results (despite being helpful).And in case of Alexa, I have hardly seen people using the ALEXA toolbar. So the Traffic rank info is not soo accurate unless your website reach is really large.

However, both the systems are not reliable. In case of Google, a new fresh site which has lot of information and content might not have enough link backs and hence can fail in search results (despite being helpful).

ye,my domain of pr 3..just not have links out or links in.. i just use that to be an test page..

And in case of Alexa, I have hardly seen people using the ALEXA toolbar. So the Traffic rank info is not soo accurate unless your website reach is really large.

i've heard the alexa is the important standard with a site..but as i know
in korea there is so many people using alexa toolbar so the top ranks of the alexa have so many korea site..

First, let me preface this by saying that I do not know about Alexia. I have not used Alexia and am not familiar with it. I am, however, a little bit familar with Google Page Rank. PR stands for Page Rank. My understanding of the Page Rank (PR) is that it is a reflection of how important your page is, within its own category.How Google determines this is a little bit of a mystery to me. They have an algarythm (never been a good speller, sorry about that) that takes into account the number of inbound links, the keyword density, and the relevancy of the number of inbound links. Thus, for example, my page is about Histology. An inbound link from another page about histology is very relevant. And if that page linking to mine had a high PR, it would raise my page rank. So, the idea is to get pages linking to you with high page ranks.If you link out from your page, the number of links out is also important. If you link out to 100 pages, it will not help those sites page rank as much if you would link to only one page. An outbound link from your site is like a "vote" for that site. By linking to it, you are voting that it is an important page.Another thing about Page Rank (pr) is that it is logarhythmic (spelling again...sorry). In other words a page with a page rank of 3 is 10x more important than a page with a page rank of 2. A page with a page rank of 4 is 100X more important than a page with a page rank of 2. Sunkist