xisto Community
Adamrosso

Windows Vista! Microsofts Next OS

I really like the new design of Vista. Those screenshots that you posted really show how much better its design is compared to XP's design. I especially like the new folders. I can't wait until this hits the stores I will be the first in line to buy it.

I'm not too impressed with Vista's looks. It's more or less a basic XP skin with different colors/shapes and some transparent/refractive edges on windows/icons. This means that just being in the desktop enviroment will require quite a bit of RAM and video card power/memory, which are going to be wasted. I use Windows XP Professional with the Windows Classic style, simply because it's easier on the system's resources (which is a good enough reason for me to use it).

Oh , I hate this OSIts like windows XPI saw this os has virus afther 1 week workits really bad for microsoft this os need many Space of cpu and ram

we really cannot tell for sure how will this OS fare in te market for it is not yet offcially released. Of course it will have problems that's why it is still in BETA phase. Best way to react would be when it is formally made available by MS.

Microsoft hasn't published any official time of release to my knowledge, but it is suspected that the OS will come out sometime around the last quarter of 2006 (although this is just an estimate). As has been said pleanty of times, fancy interfaces and pretty eyecandy is for games; operating systems need clean, simple interfaces and styles that don't soak up all of the computer's resources (by all, I mean most).

Right. . . . . well unless its alot better at being an OS then its likely i won't upgrade to this. . . . i do hav a 64bit processor (amd athlon 64 4000+), but i don't know if the applications will run that much faster.
And as for the eye candy. . .. the only thing which impresses me is the semi-transparent windows. . . which look quite nice, BUT thats only because thats the only part of the visual style i Don't have on my PC.
If you upgrade just for the visuals then your making a mistake, since they will get boring fast and you can easily download a skinning program and downlaod free skins for windows XP. . . (below)

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

thinking about it. . . . i do actually like the file information box which is at the bottom of some of the windows in the screen shots.

It is better and does the job, but it looks to much like OS X, the dock and all. But it still looks pretty hectic. Id prefer the OS X icons and user interface. But hey thats my opinion. Vista = OS X, pretty much the same.

I dont see much difference from windows xp.... Lol. It looks like xp but with images in folder menus. Probably will need a pretty high end computer to run.

Well it sertainly is needlessly shiny isn't it? anyway I can't really judge till I've used it which could very well be never, but untill I have used it for myself and have seen if it is actually compatenet then I can't really say anything, apart from that as many have said before be (and no doubt will after me it still looks alot like a skinned XP) but you can't judge how good it will be from a few (admitedly cool) screenshots, but I can't see much that will make me pay the rediculouse price to upgrade to it plus it would probably kill my grapics card.

Hi, I've been a long time fan of Windows Xp, and i have been using Vista Inspirat, and WindowBlinds 5 to get the look and feel of Windows Vista. However I think that it is about time for me to upgrade to Vista, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT. Can anyone tell me where to find a copy of it. I've looked all over Microsoft.com but i can't find it, and i can never get the torrent to finish. I'm looking for a direct link or at least a page just a few clicks away. and in Cd format would be awsome to, but DVD is alright, i'm not trying to sound picky here, just what i need.Keep it Mellow,PandaINc. :)

Windows Vista is still in the beta stage, and will be released sometime next year (gee, only 5 days left until New Years). Right now, only developers have a copy of Vista.

You think Vista is going to be good? well you should check out suns new Java 3d environment, make that aero thing look like a thing from last decade.

I don't know about this new version of Windows. Im placing money that for the first six months, security will be pretty slack. Then Microsoft will roll out the updates and "fix" everything. I was hearing about Vista sending information to other PC's using Vista. That kinda scares me, if you didnt know that that happened before, what is to stop a hacker using a keylogger to track the keys. They can just pretend its an increse in Packet Number. Though GUI looks very nice. I think that it is the Ellegence of Linux without the power!