xisto Community
Frozen

Half Life 2 Sig Tutorial Easy, good result.

Alright, well my firs tutorial I guess wasn't a big hit, so I decided to give this another whirl.

Start off with a signature, i used the size 325 x 125.

Get out your brushes, and brush your sig.

Posted Image

Now, create a new layer, and make your brushes black, and brush over the white brushing, and make they layer set to overlay.

Posted Image

Now, Find yourself a render to use, I used this one:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Any render will work, and get out the lasso tool. Carefully draw a circle on the outside of the render, and clikc the layer mask on the layer pallete.

Posted Image

Now add yourself some contrast to the sig, by going to layer>New Adjustment Layer> Brightness/Contrast.

Posted Image

Now add some text. I used the simple text effect to match the background by: Start off with white text. Go to layer>style> Blending Options. Drop Shadow> Leave the settings alone. Then Inner Shadow> 75%-40% optacity lower. Then Bevel and Emboss>size 5-0.

Posted Image

Now, it is time for color. Some use the render itself for the color, but i didnt this time. Go to Layer>new adjustment layer> color balance. Mess around with your settings, filter>render>clouds, after 2 colors. So on and so forth.

Posted Image

Now simply add a 1px black border, and voila, nice looking signature!

Posted Image

For the Brushes, credit Eigza. here's his deviant art with the brushes located. Any questions, feel free to ask here.

http://eigza.deviantart.com/

Eh, I think the background's too busy for the render. Also the font is hard to see and it's not at all Halo-y. Too many patches of white. Also, why is there a giant space between the end of the sig and the end of a post? I think an edit's in order.Mmm...5/10 :/

I know, I'm rating the sig the tutorial produced. Habit, and all.

And I meant an edit is in order for the post, not the sig.

Eh, I think the background's too busy for the render. Also the font is hard to see and it's not at all Halo-y. Too many patches of white. Also, why is there a giant space between the end of the sig and the end of a post? I think an edit's in order.

Mmm...5/10 :/

170092[/snapback]

I agree on the background being too busy. And I think you meant "Half-Life-y".

Froze, I edited your post to get rid of the giant space, and changed vwala to voila. :D

Yes, I do mean Half Life-y. God, I'm so confused today.

like isad earlier these tutorials are good for the beginners, yeah i agree that brush would look better with a camo style going with it.

Yes, I do mean Half Life-y. God, I'm so confused today.

170159[/snapback]

Don't worry...sometimes I feel I'm in a constant state of confusion.

like isad earlier these tutorials are good for the beginners, yeah i agree that brush would look better with a camo style going with it.

170446[/snapback]

Well, the brushes aren't bad, but like biscuit said, they're too busy for the render. And making brushes that look like that is easy. :D