xisto Community
wild20

Life After Death? Is there?

In all honesty here I do not believe in "Life After Death" ... Im not a religious person, nor have I ever been. I surpose I have a good reason for that though ... People say that the "God" they talk about doesnt believe in someone being "Gay" ... well I cant change that ... they always go on about "God Loves Everyone" ... Yeah Right!!!If there was a God that Loved Everyone, then there would not be all this heartache and pain in the world today. Also he would accept people for what they are ... no matter what ... and according to people he doesnt do that ... so what type of a person is he?So no I dont believe in Life After Death ... well considering when I die I am going to be burnt and have my ashes spread over the ocean from a helicopter ... that is gonna be so kool one day :D

In all honesty here I do not believe in "Life After Death" ... Im not a religious person, nor have I ever been. I surpose I have a good reason for that though ... People say that the "God" they talk about doesnt believe in someone being "Gay" ... well I cant change that ... they always go on about "God Loves Everyone" ... Yeah Right!!!

If there was a God that Loved Everyone, then there would not be all this heartache and pain in the world today. Also he would accept people for what they are ... no matter what ... and according to people he doesnt do that ... so what type of a person is he?

So no I dont believe in Life After Death ... well considering when I die I am going to be burnt and have my ashes spread over the ocean from a helicopter ... that is gonna be so kool one day :D

168908[/snapback]

Thats the problem people refer to god in the wrong way.God loves and care for everyone but being 'GAY' is messing up everything god created.The devil creates those feeling and if you have never been religious thats probly why the devil can attack your feeling and thoughts so easy.The devil is the one causing heartaches and pain.And god lets him do it for a reason,maybe to warn you or to see are you prepared for the new world or heaven.I noticed that most people who dont believe and god knows nothing about him.At the end of the world the souls of the dead will go to heaven or hell.Simple as that and there will be no more devil because god will cast him in the lake of fire and there will be no more pain.You have to decide where you wanna go while you have the chance.God cant accept someone with the devil in them into the kingdon of heaven.It doesnt means he dont love and care about you but god cant help anyone that doesnt believe in him.I dont hate gay people or judge them because I know I cant change them only they can change them selves and get the devil out of them.I know youll day ahh thats bull and think nothing more of it because the devil tells you to.Youll say he odnt know what he is talking about but at the end of the world all knees will bow.I want you to be bless and not live life in mid stress.Just let go and let god work it out for you.Ill speak to god and on your behalf ill just ask will he be there for you :D

Well realy i guess it depends on the person you ask alot of ppl belive in life after death and some don't belive in it. I think once u die your reborn as eather a human or somthin different lol or mayb that you become another type of life form like a alien lol on another planet that hasent been discovered yet or when u die u just simply go to heaven idk lol but i do think your reincarnated as something else XD

Thats the problem people refer to god in the wrong way.God loves and care for everyone but being 'GAY' is messing up everything god created.The devil creates those feeling and if you have never been religious thats probly why the devil can attack your feeling and thoughts so easy.

168912[/snapback]

But see, what I don't get is why being in love is such a horrible thing? What about fraternal and paternal bonds? They're borderline homosexual and there have been plenty of those. Also, you refer to a Christian god. Many more religions widely accept homosexuality as a fact of life. I mean, you can't stop yourself from falling in love unless you're pretty indifferent to yourself. We think of ourselves as a tolerant country but we're letting down some of the nicer people of this world - people who only want to love like any other citizen but aren't able to.

Back to the point of life after death - let's try to keep this thread on track. The religious aspect of death is always a little hazy for me. I believe that I'll come back to earth in some form, maybe wander for a bit, but I don't know where I'll go after that. There are no means of finding out where the sentient bits of your body go. My scientific response is that the cells begin to deteriorate and the body goes with it. Simple enough, hmm? But what if there really is something in our body that can't be destroyed - that just floats away to give life to another body? A soul, essentially, could be something like a virus. It could be inhaled, perhaps taking the place of what was there and spreading itself throughout the body. From a spiritual point of view, this could very well make sense. Perhaps even from a scientific point of view.

It would totally rock to have a mariachi band at my funeral playing "La Cucaracha". I may have stolen the idea from my brother, but I know I'll have a pinata and tons of snacks at my funeral. People won't be able to go away sad unless the food sucks.

I would like to know what you think about life after death.  The bible says that the dead know nothing.  But what do you think?  I believe there is no life after death and that many people have been led astray by this common belief.  The bible shows that the dead know nothing and has no evidence of life after death.  Can you produce some?  I challenge you accept this debate and lets find out about life after death!

168116[/snapback]

Life after death is difficult to be proved or disproved:

There are many attempts to prove it by near death experiences(NDE). I can give you pages. But the clinical evidence for life after death is subjective and arguable. Also It's often hard to assess the significance of "out of the body experiences" (OBE) encounters with bright lights, long tunnels, or angelic guides. It's difficult to know how to respond to those who speak of temporary near-death visions into heaven or hell. What we do know is that there are enough of these kinds of experiences to create a sizable library on the subject. Taken as a whole, this body of evidence shows that as people approach death, many sense they are coming not to the end of existence but to the beginning of another journey.

The oppositions are refuting the specific examples of evidence for life after death as not being sufficient proof and the evidence can be scrutinized and rational non-believers are left to make the conclusion that life after death cannot be pr oven .

Also there are attempts to prove it mathematically or logically [e.g Life after Death - A Logical Proof and I have others] but this will difficult to comprehend without dealing with high mathematics, Logic and probability theory.

Not having direct knowledge of an after life can not constitutes evidence against life after death.

In the same time, there is no actual direct evidence against an after life.

Therefore after death cannot be aproved nor disproved.

It is matter of belief:

So it is matter of faith and belief as the matter of believing in God.

The Follower of Christianity , Islam and Judaism believe in the life after death. I can tell their passages [ I can give you a lot if any request What these three relegion say]

Another afterlife concept which is found among Hindus and Buddhists is reincarnation, whether as humans, animals, or as spiritual beings. One consequence of the Hindu and Buddhist beliefs is that our current lives are also an afterlife, and both Hindus and Buddhists interpret events in our current life as being consequences of actions taken in previous lives.

Ancient Egyptian believed in the Afterlife.

The entire civilization of Ancient Egypt was based on religion, and their beliefs were important to them. For Egyptians, the cycles of human life, rebirth, and afterlife mirrored the reproductive cycles that surrounded them in the natural world. Their belief in the rebirth after death became their driving force behind their funeral practices. The Egyptians believed that death was simply a temporary interruption, rather than complete cessation, of life, and that eternal life could be ensured . The Egyptians believed that the next life had to be provided for in every detail and, as a result, tombs were decorated with depictions of the deceased at his funerary meal, activities of the estate and countryside, and the abundant offerings necessary to sustain the spirit. After death, the Egyptians looked forward to continuing their daily lives as an invisible spirit among their descendants on Earth in Egypt, enjoying all the pleasures of life with none of its pain or hardships. This vision is vividly depicted in the sculptures, reliefs, and wall paintings of Egyptian tombs, with the deceased portrayed in the way he or she wished to remain forever accompanied by images of family and servants. These forms of art not only reflect the Egyptians' love of life but also by their very presence made the afterlife a reality. Details in [Ancient Egyptian believed in the Afterlife].

I believe in Life After Death [LAD]

As Christian, I believe in the life after death [LAD].

Also even I didn't become Christian, probably I believe in the LAD as did my ancestors , the ancient Egyptian . I am Australian by citizenship but I am Copt [ the aboriginal people of Egypt before the Arab].

My high education in Science and Mathematics, my career in research or university teaching or systems engineering, my living in Russia 5 years in the time of Communism, my immigration to Australia 18 years ago, my surfing to anti-christian sites couldn't affect this belief.

Nothing to loose when you believe in LAD:

I act for this life as I will live very long and do for the next life as I will die today. Continuing gaining knowledge until death, love to others as to myself, respect laws even without to be observed. restrict myself from unnecessary but harmful things, love people and help others are not disadvantage for me.

I don't loose by abide with the moral principles of Christianity which formed the bases , values, principles and the laws of the modern societies even in the non christian majority countries. By the way many of christianity values came from Moses'law. Also Islam has most of commands.

I will not loose if there is no next life.The opposite is for who don't believe if there another life after death.

Facing Death in Peace

If one believe in the life after death, he/she will not fear the death especially when he/she satisfied about the next generation. So we should not have a fear of death as we could make the assumption that we would likely have some instinct built into us that we don't need to worry about our mortality since we are immortal. So believer of LAD is facing death with peace..

Our empathy to the beloved'death is easier.

When the LAD believer loose beloved one, it is totally unnecessary to despair, to be sad and to be miserable. If you believe in afterlife you feels that your loved one continues to exist in the afterlife, usually in conditions much more pleasant than on earth. We know the loss is only temporary for everyone effected and it is as if the person who dies only just goes to a foreign land for what is a very short period of an infinite life. We know that our loved ones stay close to us and send their love and that when we cross over we will be met by them. When we know that they we will be reunited with the same loved ones in the afterlife that they leave behind when they die, then our empathy to the beloved'death easier.

Gain hope , Justice and Peace of mind

It would be difficult to believe that life is good if we knew there was nothing beyond the grave to compensate for problems of inequality and unfairness

So it gives us peace of mind, a sense of purpose and justice in life, and hope in better life. As mankind has progressed through.

Also it is good that there is something to be "paid" or accountable for what we have done in our past life. Otherwise it will not be fair.

Khairy Sedrak

(KASM)

Lovely summary there.

It's been so long sime I posted, and since I'm using Firefox, I am unable to tell which posts I've replied to and which ones I haven't. So I'll try to see what I can do. Life after death - I say not likely. People are born of chemicals working in a complex structure. We are unique, but not special. I believe we do not have souls, so therefore we will not experience any after life.

I'm sorry but this is a downright lie. Go to biblegateway.com and type in heaven or hell and you get 620 results where the Bible mentions heaven and hell directly, not to mention the subtle suggustions that can be enterpreted. For direct quotes try "repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is near at hand" or "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise".

In a personal note, I believe in the afterlife above, in so much that there are two other worlds - "heaven" and "hell". As a Christian, it's kind of quite hard not to  :D . Sorry if I offend here but I find it very hard to believe in other religions such as Hinduism because I just find them unfeasible. I find it a very hard concept that life just keeps on going round and round and round and that u keep going without any knowlesge of where you keep going. Could just be me being ignorant but there you go.

168183[/snapback]

First of all, you DON'T KNOW if it's a lie, because YOU DON"t KNOW, if what the bible says is the TRUTH. The bible says this ...the bible says that... That's really cool, but that doesnt mean that he's is lying. (maybe he just didn't knew !!) Nothing has been proofd what's said in the bible or in any other book or what so ever!. A believe is a believe, the point is, there is no evidence, so you just got to believe what you hear or read!

And about that hindu you replied to, you say you find it a very hard concept that life just keeps on going round and round and round and that u keep going without any knowledge of where you keep going. Well, it's the same thought. You have to live good, and respect others, like in the bible: you have to live by the word of god, and you will be "rewarded" too a way 2 heaven. AS FAR AS I HAVE UNDERSTooD (from discussions with hindu groups i went to every week, a month long) Hindu is the same, you live good, and you will be rewarded, like the bible, until you reached nirvana (like heaven).

So maybe it's good to first get to know all the information about something, before you going like :D : "sorry-if-I-offend-here-but...

So, now the topic reply:

I think there could be life after dead, why not? It isn't proofd that is is absolutely impossible and it will never be proofd cause you can't proof something like that! Even if you could, no 1 would believe you. I also think life could just stop, after dying, but I actually hope that isn't the case, because I love life too much and would be too proud to see what Ive accomplished and been thru, too just to be DEAD :D and that's it.

PEACE

I think that there could *possibly* be life after death. Scientificaly it is impossible. I'm a man of science. But then again, not everything turns out to be 100% true. If I had to say? I would say yes, because "supposedly" some of my cousins and aunts have experienced with things that I guess coudln't be explained.

*On a side note this topic is producing alot of anger.*

I do believe their might be life after death... I'm not Christian or Catholic, in fact I'm an Atheist, but I do believe however you live your life will effect the outcome of "life" afterwards. Like for instance, I do believe murders and rapists are going to get theirs when they die, but I don't believe in any Heaven or Hell. (Though I do make a lot of references towards hell xD.)Meh, I just seriously can't believe we'll just be floating entities in a world of nothingness.Hey! Someone kill me so I can figure out the answer...:D

That's why I always hate the oh-so-controversial topics. There is no right or wrong for a lot of people and it can be frustrating to try and get a majority of ideas.And I love my science too. I spent five weeks learning about DNA and evolution at a camp and my claims are always refuted by Christians. You have to admit that life does circle around and around (Disney made this clear in the Lion King :D) and it usually returns to where it started from. Otherwise, we'd deplete all our resources before we had a chance to find new ones.I'm pretty sure that when you're dead, you're simply dead and the world just moves on. But to delve into the afterlife means we're getting into all sorts of paranormal whatsits. It's hard to balance my religion's views with science, so I'm gonna say science wins. It does leave room to wonder though.

Think about it, you didn't any life before you were born, what makes you think there is life after you die. Think about it, how would our souls still exist? I mean, we could somehow live inside someone else's body and experience what they are doing without having any control over what they do. Hell, that could be happening as we post and do things daily.

If you think about nothing, you will sometimes get an out-of-body experience while trying to place yourself in non-existantness. I have done it quite a few times, it feels really good, your mind just goes blank then you realize where you are.

There is a chance that there is life after death but there is also always a chance that all these ghosts and spirits are just are imagination brought on by some half-baked story some people either made up or over exaggerated.

If someone could present some circumstantial evidence of how bodily spirits can stay here on earth or anywhere for that matter, I would encourage them to do so. But, until then, I still beleive that once you die, time is practically over and you don't exist, you just, don't exist.

I know that seems like a tough topic to comprehend, but can you just imagine that you die, and the second that happens, time rushes through you then you spirit, just, disappears, no more, good-bye Johnny.

I love how you brought this topic up and was able to have us argue over it. And yes, this is a very controversial and religous topic. I admit to being a christian, but I still don't really beleive in half of the stuff. I rely on more scientific facts that point to different results in certain situations stated by The Bible. Sure, I admit that God, and Jesus, in some time did exist, but I still do not beleive that he created the universe or that Jesus got ressurected. God, in mine and many others opinion, could just be used as a simile to represent what created the whole universe, which I will not go into as that is also a very controversial subject including the Big Bang theory and many others.

I am getting very tired of typing and carrying more off-topic as I go along.

And by the way, all this, and I am 13 (turning 14 in 3 days) old?

You bring up some very good points in that. I guess you just have to be a firm believer to think there's life before and after death...which is also scientifically true. The sperm and the egg are alive as gametes, sex cells. Only from them comes new life, right? But this makes me think about all that mumbo-jumbo I learned in Chemistry - especially the Law of Conservation of Matter. If matter cannot be created nor destroyed, who's to say life can't? There has always been some form of life and it recycles itself organically. It's something I've been thinking about.And happy early birthday to you, Blaque :D I turned 15 a month ago and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Well, I beleive there's life after Death. Or more correctly my religion suppose me to beleive that. But however I beleive it, cause there must be something to be "paid" what we have done in our past life. Otherwise it will not be fair.Just my opinion tough

It is sad that this can not be done while you are alive, here on Earth. It is just sad, what it is afterdeath nobody knows, even tho I am catholic I don't have prove that there is life after death, maybe my logic wins my belief in this situation. But I am not saying there isn't life after death, so anyway I am trying to be nice person anyway.

I don't know what I think is that when someone dies, his/her soul will go to some place not in this universe, probably another dimension, or heaven and hell. Since ghost and spirit sightings are found in reports, I think that after someone dies, that ghost or spirit will wonder around waiting for something to happen. Because the ghost/spirit can't be seen by us, they can't talk to us. Maybe that's because why they came to sight when they become vengeful and vex when they are alone. Probably the guards from the other world would then come and take the souls away after they died. These guards probably cops or policemen from the other dimension and one of their law is not to interfere with the humans.I don't think there's life after death. I don't think there is overpopulation in another world either. Who knows...