xisto Community
lava.alt

Ajax Asynchoronous Javascript + XML

Know that that google is bringing new services like gmail, google suggest, maps and earth it would be interesting to know how it was done ...

i was reading an article in a magazine and what they use is AJAX that means Asynchoronous Javascript + XML and it refers to the combination of Document Object Model (DOM), XHTML, CSS, XMLHttpRequest and Javascript

AJAX is not a new technology, is just the combination of some other powerfull technologies ...

the idea of AJAX is to make an application run from the web like if it is running in the owners pc ... to forget that sand clock when loading a web service ...

This is just and introduction and the basics because i think it is interesting to know how google maps and all those dynamic sites works ... but if you want to know more try a search in google :( ...

:D

Wow .. is it true? but i think google maps and earth use much more than AJAX ... From the combination i can only see those language that were used for internet ... They sure have used some other language like C++ :D

Wow .. is it true? but i think google maps and earth use much more than AJAX ... From the combination i can only see those language that were used for internet ... They sure have used some other language like C++ :(

166706[/snapback]

mm i dont know if the use an alternative language like C++ y also read an article in the magazine information week and the dont mention anything of support of C++, C # or something like that ... :D

Ajax is nice but like any other technology there advantages and disadv..

Like:

--Javascript is mandatory, which depends on user broser.

--++It will take little longer to load for first time them it is very fast, as it has to load all scripts and contents but then it saves network bandwidth and server load by reducing the server calls.

--For accessibility, it is lacking.

So, it depends the way you implements it.

Overall, it is best way to do web app. As the examples has been mention before like google applications.

I love this "AJAX" concept and wants to try in development...

Thank You..for starting this topic, it is interesting..

:D:(:D:(:(:(

Ajax, all I know about it is its a word we banned from our geography game.

ie. ONe person says something related to geography. Second persons says another geography related thing, but the thing must start with the last letter in the thing said by the first person.

Can't think of anything starting with X off the the top of your head, eh?(I am Canadian)

Well that was off topic. Anyways you said:

the idea of AJAX is to make an application run from the web like if it is running in the owners pc

Security risk I think so. But it would be quite interesting on how google goes through billions of pages.

I think Ajax is great technology. It helps out alot at work you know having to scrub them counters and stuff, it really cuts through the stains and stuff so there is no need for hard scrubbing. OH, you mean te other Ajax, oh right.Well Ajax was a great man, isn't he he one that holds up earth? Oh no that's Atlas, that's why they called Atlas's Atlas's (if that makes sense) because Atlas has so much to do with the Earth and stuff.Anyway back on to Ajax - he was really strong, see that's why the really strong cleaning agent is called Ajax - because they're both really strong!By The Way: I don't know anything about this new Ajax fella made up of other guys. Sounds complex.

somebody teach mi wats xml first.and wats the dif btwn html and htm??

XML stands for EXtensible Markup Language is used to describe data. XML tags are not predefined - you have to define your own tags.
There's no difference between HTML and HTM - they're both file extensions for HTML documents.

Ok, let's say AJAX is the best. But let's face it, in one country, probably 25% of the people there uses Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5.5 installed, how they will be able to view AJAX-based websites? Or you can make an HTML-only version of your AJAX website. It takes time, but at least you are sure that your website is 100% compatible. :)

AJAX seems to be more of a concept, much like googles new features. They are all in the"beta" or experimental stages....they are feeling things out and getting peoples reactions. If the new google is built on AJAX than i would say its going over VERY well.

If you say AJAX to me, I'm thinking of the dutch soccer club. Soccer is sport number 1 in the Netherlands and many people are supporting AJAX (http://english.ajax.nl/). The best soccer players of AJAX and other dutch team players are put in the dutch national team to play in the football league.

I like the new AJAX applications. I would want to make a small application that uses AJAX for reducing page loads.

Ok, let's say AJAX is the best. But let's face it, in one country, probably 25% of the people there uses Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5.5 installed, how they will be able to view AJAX-based websites? Or you can make an HTML-only version of your AJAX website. It takes time, but at least you are sure that your website is 100% compatible. :(

As far as I know, IE 6, which supports AJAX, does run on Windows 98. I don't know how exactly, but there is a way to check if the user's browser supports AJAX; it's a few lines of JavaScript that looks for either Microsoft.XMLHTTPRequest or the XMLHTTPRequest() object (correct me on either of the above), and if both don't exist, then it will foward to HTML only version. For example, Gmail works on non-AJAX browsers.

But let's face it, in one country, probably 25% of the people there uses Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5.5 installed

That figure's a bit high. There's less than 10% of people using IE5 now.