xisto Community
biscuitrat

Test Browser Design This has the CSS navigation

Notes: This is a prototype of the CSS navigation panel. I'm going to definitely make the images more swanky. The font size is only size 10 temporarily until I have more time to work on the size of the image. The links are also standard links - I haven't customized them in any fashion. The site still manages to validate, which is a good sign, but I'm still not too happy with using this type of layout again. Anyways, accessibility is better than being stuck in a labyrinth of pages.

< /end rant>

So far, this is what I've made. It's not what I would have wanted, but I hope I can work it out between now and...well...later today as it's already 3 AM ><

Anyways, same rules apply. Comment, criticize (go harsh, I don't mind), provide alternatives?

I like it more now with the text menu as with the image menu.

Nice CSS.anyway like your design.i tried it on IE 6.keep up da good work.

166669[/snapback]

Haha, thanks :D - I'm starting to enjoy the CSS more and more myself. I edited it again because I didn't like the other background, and I'm starting to add pages so you can take a look if you'd like at the newest version.

A couple of comments:
1. You don't need <div> tags inside your <li>, well not for single words like you've got anyway.
2. I notice you've moved away from the images you used in your first nav to text links in this one. The thing is, you can do both using image replacement techniques. You can still have your <ul> laid out exactly as it is but use the image replacement technique to hide the text and replace it with a background image that does the same thing. I've implemented this method on my Xisto site.
There are a variety of different image replacement techniques - best to Google them.

A couple of comments:

1. You don't need <div> tags inside your <li>, well not for single words like you've got anyway.

2. I notice you've moved away from the images you used in your first nav to text links in this one. The thing is, you can do both using image replacement techniques. You can still have your <ul> laid out exactly as it is but use the image replacement technique to hide the text and replace it with a background image that does the same thing. I've implemented this method on my Xisto site.

There are a variety of different image replacement techniques - best to Google them.

166868[/snapback]

I'm starting to like the text nav though. I don't think I'll be going back to images so soon. Did I put div tags in my li tags? I'd better go check up on those again. I'll definitely check out your site, perhaps for work on other sites but I'm not sure if I want to replace it with images again so soon. After all, it works, and it looks halfway decent. I don't want to mess that up just yet :D

Nice thing you have done here :D Although you can even spice it up with some graphics. You can make div class for every link in you nav bar and define some padding-left amd for every link you then define background image. So it will result like this: click here.

Nice thing you have done here :D Although you can even spice it up with some graphics. You can make div class for every link in you nav bar and define some padding-left amd for every link you then define background image. So it will result like this: click here.

167741[/snapback]

Thank ya :D But I think I'll keep this one simple. I don't feel like going back and doing images. But your site is very pretty either way :(

WOw, You're well good at web design thingy. The CSSis awesome and the layout looks realy professional. Ineed to learn how to make professional layouts lol. mine are getting sleezier and sleezier :D THe colors are awesome and I really like the background. Ther's nothing bad to say except someof the layout text is fuzzed and kind of pixelated :D

WOw, You're well good at web design thingy. The CSSis awesome and the layout looks realy professional. Ineed to learn how to make professional layouts lol. mine are getting sleezier and sleezier :D

THe colors are awesome and I really like the background. Ther's nothing bad to say except someof the layout text is fuzzed and kind of pixelated :D

168530[/snapback]

Haha, thank you! (And you too SecureA!) I go overboard when I mess around too much with the CSS and whatever, so simple is for the better. I love your site as well. The images (which I can never do past a certain point) absolutely rock and I love your colors. They're soft but they exude some kind of playfulness into the site.

I really have to fix the text in the PSD. I think it was something I was meaning to do when I was switching between my two layouts, but I have yet to do it. I'm so lazy!