xisto Community
Cain

Exact Number Of Credits Needed... To Keep Accounts Set As Active

I'm going on vacation today, and I counted up the number of days that I will be gone, which is 19 (I'm fairly sure) and I checked that with the number of credits I now have in store. I realized that I would have about seven left after my trip and I realized that I wasn't exactly sure how many credits were required to keep an account set as "active" because I have heard many different numbers from both other users and moderators ranging from 5 to 10 and I was just wondering what the official number was. Thanks.

I believe its best that you maintain it at above 30 as you might never know when your pc will go down or when you're so that busy that you've to go for work and having absolutely no time to post, or you've to go for a long holidays with your family and having no chance to keep your site up..

I agree with hype. 30 is a fairly safe figure in case something happens. I'm always trying to build my credits little by little. There may be some days when I won't be able to post, but I can bring the credits back up after I return to the boards.

With the information that I have seen on the Forums. It is best to keep your Hosting Credits above 10 once you have been Approved.I personally would suggest having as many as possible to make sure that there will then be no problems with your website.

Interesting. I didn?t know that four was the point... always though it was 0 when your account can be suspended.Anyway I don?t think I?m going to spend too much time abroad these holidays so I suppose I will have more time to post than the rest of the year. :D For me getting 30 is almost impossible... it?s not that I post only for credits but it?s hard to post in a language that is not yours. Have you ever thought of setting up an spanish (my case) or french subforums?

I'm confused now. The link you provided tells me that when you have 0 credits it suspends you account but you say it's 4. When I got my account I was given 2 credits and when I looked at site for the first time it was active.So if it is 4 how comes when I had 2 my account was active?

It depends, I supposed its a random factor but I'm not very sure... However, many ppl received problems ever since their credit got less than 4... So its best that you keep it much more to play safe.. As it goes, but safe than sorry... :D

I remember when I login one day and found out that I had less than 1 point left. At that time my site was still up and running fine, but I guess I was one of the luckier one.However, I don't recommend you taking the chances though. yeah, as the moderator says, keep it some distance away from 4. I think my goal now, after i get upgrade at the cost of like 30 hosting credits, I will try to remain my hosting credits at around 10.

well, you dont really get off when you're left with 1 credit, as maybe you just have your thread deleted, but always try to maintain at above 30 as you always gives yourself the 1 month grace before your site gets shut up..

thew ive got just enough then ive got a little over 30 now wiht this post, thanks for the help guys youve been super and thanks for abrilliant answer to a question that was pondering on my mind for a fair while,anyways thats a brill answer and i think that manyohters will also find this very useful,thanks again for all the help and helping this poor sole who posted the thread ok im starting to drabble on now so im off, see you guys later!!

yeah, i just started a new job this week (which gives me 2 full timers, 60+ hrs a week now) and im def. worried i wont be able to keep up, so im posting an aweful lot of long posts whenver im on, but thats ok because i have alot of questions still. I guess it works well because when you have questions, theres alot to post, and once you know everything youll run out of credits if you dont post to help people :)