xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Lava-sledding more challenging than snowboarding

if you get tired of snowboarding, you may want to try lava-sledding for a change! :(

Thrill ride

Tom "Pohaku" Stone works to revive the ancient Hawaiian tradition of he?e holua, or lava sledding.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2005/07/24/news/story9.html

i think it's nuts! but hey, it's a tradition for some, so i will just wish good luck to anybody who tries the sport. :D obviously you can't try this at home, unless you live in a volcano or some lava-spouting domicile ("domicile" is a word i would rarely use, but i'm practicing my vocabulary skills, ok?). :D

Psh. I'd try it at home any day - just my dog and I. Doggies love lava :(But first I have to tear down the roof, build a volcano that connects partially to the backyard so we can get some actual lava flow, have it connect to the magma inside the earth, and then let it loose.It could be like a neighborhood themepark. But when to start? The questions are endless :D

You guys are dumb. Who would go lava boarding. I mean lava is a little too hot for that. Wouldn't you burn up? Ya. I think you would. What you used for it would burn and you would go in. Or you would die from the heat before even getting on it. You would have to be really stupid to do that. I mean REALLY STUPID for that.

You guys are dumb. Who would go lava boarding. I mean lava is a little too hot for that. Wouldn't you burn up? Ya. I think you would. What you used for it would burn and you would go in. Or you would die from the heat before even getting on it. You would have to be really stupid to do that. I mean REALLY STUPID for that.

166326[/snapback]

Dude, it's an ancient Hawaiian tradition. You skim on the lava so there's not as much chance of getting concentrated burns. The mixture of wood, reeds, and whatever is only meant to skim down the hill of lava, not go all the way into the freaking volcano and out again. Besides, the lava would cool outside. It's like sliding through hot mud.

And you wouldn't die from the heat. Your skin might, but that's about it.

Also, I was being sarcastic. SARCASM IS YOUR FRIEND.

Dude, it's an ancient Hawaiian tradition. You skim on the lava so there's not as much chance of getting concentrated burns. The mixture of wood, reeds, and whatever is only meant to skim down the hill of lava, not go all the way into the freaking volcano and out again. Besides, the lava would cool outside. It's like sliding through hot mud.

And you wouldn't die from the heat. Your skin might, but that's about it.

Also, I was being sarcastic. SARCASM IS YOUR FRIEND.

166390[/snapback]

ei biscuitrat, i won't argue with "einstein" if i were you. lolz! :D perhaps in his infinite wisdom, he failed to grasp the concepts of "irony" and "sarcasm" in both our posts. :( or maybe he just didn't read the article altogether, and jumped through hoops of conclusions already. :D

ei biscuitrat, i won't argue with "einstein" if i were you. lolz! :D perhaps in his infinite wisdom, he failed to grasp the concepts of "irony" and "sarcasm" in both our posts. :( or maybe he just didn't read the article altogether, and jumped through hoops of conclusions already. :D

166589[/snapback]

It does sound like fun though, but I'd probably be the first one somehow fall off the sled into the lava and become OMG DARTH VADER through my magical powers.

Ao)K-General- Never underestimate sarcasm. Ever.

lol ya that does sound like fun but thats something you would never see me do lol its not like i scared or anything (lol totaly freaked out lol) but i would probley be the only loser that falls off lol

This would be aweosme minus being "discombobulated" or ouchies in another word. Other then that I think I would actualy probably try this. Heck If I could I would actualy try doing this at least twice in my life. Noy only that seventy MPH must be a thrill since I've never been that fast outside of a vechile. I at tops have only been thirty MPH going down the water slides that drop down at the water parks.

It seems dangerous to me. Or is that just part of the challenge?:D I like skiing. It's safer and it is good exercise. When it comes to lava, I prefer to stay out of it. We don't get along well:) However, snow and I, we go together no problem. Don't you get burned doing this sport too? And is it even worth the risk? It should be banned!:D Okay, maybe not, but if you do it, please be careful!

It seems dangerous to me.  Or is that just part of the challenge?:D  I like skiing.  It's safer and it is good exercise.  When it comes to lava, I prefer to stay out of it.  We don't get along well:)  However, snow and I, we go together no problem.  Don't you get burned doing this sport too?  And is it even worth the risk?  It should be banned!:D  Okay, maybe not, but if you do it, please be careful!

168122[/snapback]

Again, we were being sarcastic about trying it. I'm a klutz. You shouldn't put me near any form of hot liquids or self propelled vehicles because that would be bad for me.

probley lol ppl like you should be put in a padded room so u can't hurt or break things lol

168383[/snapback]

I'm not that bad! I'm actually very good about delicate operations; I just tend to trip over myself a lot :D

hey biscuts heres a hot cup of coffee now run down the hill and tuck and roll XP.but anyways it would be the same concept of walking over hot coal, but you have to be in the zone in other words feel no pain.***begins practicing buddist kungfu***

hey biscuts heres a hot cup of coffee now run down the hill and tuck and roll XP.

but anyways it would be the same concept of walking over hot coal, but you have to be in the zone in other words feel no pain.

***begins practicing buddist kungfu***

169050[/snapback]

Argh, that would be ghastly. And it's not hard to do the coal walking if the skin on your feet has the consistency of titanium or is remarkably leathery, but I digress.