xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Reason For Trap17's Slow Loading? Anyone else have this?

I'm not sure if this has been previously discussed or not, I did search for it and was unable to find any previous posts on it. My question is...why does this Xisto forum take so dang long to load?!!I use Avant Browser which runs off of Internet Explorer and it seems that all my other websites load at efficient rates for having a cable connection, however, once I get here and try to navigate through the forum, it becomes a burden. It takes so very long for some pages to load and it's quite a nuisance. I can honestly walk away for a couple minutes sometimes and come back and still be waiting, while a different webpage will load in seconds. Does anyone else experience this?

I don't experience it as long as you do but, I'am still getting a very slow load, anywhere from 5 seconds all the way to 30 seconds some times. This is a very bad inconvience. And I have a Cable internet connection and, then I'm running it on FireFox web browser. This combination should equal to besicaly no load time at all.

yes it has been discuss man times before, everyone is been having problem last few weeks, the weather most likly is the factor why everyone is having so many problems like using ftp, their cpanel, using the forums and what not, just bear with it until the admin find the answers to the questions everyone is asking.

yes the pages load slow for me too and I"m on a cable connection. I don't know how i put up with it. Maybe the excellent service. Anyways I've tried different browsers and just the same result. Slow. I hope the problem gets fixed soon or sometime.

Certainly, it's true. Since I have joined this website, it loads really slow. I have a DSL internet connection, and I also feel the same thing.My assumption is that because this is a Invision Power Board, it means that it can supports a numerous amount of themes. Therefore, the theme that is currently being used, is a "heavy theme". I don't know if any one of you will understand, but I think that because of this heavy theme, it takes a lot of time to load.I have checked my assumption by opening the "lite" version of the forums, which is without any theme, it loads quickly. But this version, which is "heavy" loads slower.Hope this helps.That's it from me. :)

The site is extremely slow now. It takes a good 30 seconds to load any page. by the way, load times like this have absoliutely nothing to do with what browser you are using. I don't know why you guys are talking about the browser. The load time between browsers will never be more than a few miliseconds. Certainly the theme is not helping much because every user now has to download all the extra stuff for this theme. Can't even pick the standard IPB skin in the selector. The slow load times makes it very difficult to even post. I just end up closing the window because I am tired of waiting most of the time.

Dang! Am I the only one on a 56k here? You guys think you have it bad? Pffttt! Like no9t9 said, I eventually just get tired and close the window. It also seems to be the main reason my hosting points stay pretty low. I just get tired of it, and wind up avoiding Xisto most of the day.

It's also very slow here. I had the same problem in another Invision Board and they found out the problem was the shoutbox. No shoutbox, no problems! :)

Yeah, I'd rather they did without it. I have mine permanently closed anyway. There's enough header/ads to scroll through before you get to actual content as it is without adding another 100+ pixels to the equation with the shoutbox.

everyone is been having problem last few weeks, the weather most likly is the factor

Are you trying to be funny or do you seriously think the weather has something to do with it?

You're not the only one who had the same problem.about 3 days ago it takes me more than 10 seconds to load every page on this forum, but I think now is better, just take me about 3 secs-5secs to load.btw, I'm using broadband, as fast as 2000Mbps.

I'm not exactly sure how fast our actual internet speed is, we use Qwest DSL. I would think that our connection is pretty fast as Xisto is the only site so far (knock on wood) that has been loading fairly slow. It probably does have something to do with the new skin. The more graphics a site has on it, the slower it loads. I liked the original skin anyhow, but if they want this one, I really don't have too much of a problem waiting a few more seconds. I remember having a 56k modem connection, so this load time is quick compared to that connection speed. I could never handle coming to this site using a 56k. It would drive me completely insane. I'm sure the Admin is on it though. Probably still trying to locate the problem...