xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

Wow.......talk about bringing back memories. I remember walking into the store and seeing the first computer. Back in the day they were very expensive. I walked into the store and saw it sitting in a clearance section. It was in a monitor box. I noticed a keyboard cord hanging out of it and asked myself what the heck a monitor would need a keyboard for. As i looked into the box i saw it had the entire system inside it and was $500.00 (cheap for a computer at this time). I immediately grabbed it and ran to the register. I was then told that it wasnt actually going on clearance until the next day and it would be 25% off. I asked if i could just pay for it now to where the worker replied no so i kept persisting. i was told no and she said just wait until tomorrow its just a monitor. So i went in first thing and to my suprise it was still there. I put it on my store card and ran out the door lol. It was a HP 386 with 16MB of memory (4 slots of 2) lol. Now that was a sweet piece of equipment lol.

mine was commodore 64. i even didn't have floppy ;D. i had to use cassetes. great machine ;]. about 5 years later my parents bought me pc [duron 900, 128 ram]. i'm still using it [more ram, and other graphic card]. but i don't need better pc

first computer i ever had the chance to work on was i386. with reall small amount of RAM i think it had 2 megs or something like that.Well i couldn't play on it anyway beacouse it was for my mothers buissness so there was no room for mistakes there :blink:the second one was i586 with 133Mhz procesor and 16 Megs of ram. And it was all mine :wacko:and i remember back in school we had computer class in which we learned QBasic, on comodores or something i don't remember. I just remember proffesor braging with his i286 (they were 16bit i think).Ah those days...

The first computer that I ever used was a Windows 95 machine at my mom's job. I didn't know much about computers back then, so all I did was play minesweeper the whole day.By the time I actually got my own computer, I knew a lot more, and I was old enough to learn more about computers. I think that my first computer was a Compaq Presario with a 700MHZ (just guessing) AMD K6 (once again, just guessing) processer running Windows 98. It had 128MB of RAM, a 8GB HD, and a 4MB ATI Rage video card.

2 yrs ago i bought my PC. at that time i only know little email and internet. but now i know many more things about computer. my PC.system: Microsoft Windows Xp Prefessional Version 2002 Service Pack 2Register To: Sumit Sunsaan (me) NetGetTogetherComputer: Intel ® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.26GHz 2.27GHz, 256 mb of RAM

Edited by sunsaan (see edit history)

My first computer was a Compaq with an Intel Pentium 4 Processor. It had about a 55GB harddrive, and when we got it it had 256MB of RAM, and it's about 4 and a half years old. Now I have my own Compaq computer which came with 512MB of RAM (which is now 1.5GB RAM,) a 145 GB harddrive, and an AMD 3000+ Processor. It's a little over 2 years old.

You guys call that old!!!My first computer, which belonged to my dad before i got it, was so damn old. Couldn't run windows, and it used a black and white screen. Dos... 47MB hard drive!!! HAHA now that is old!!!!