xisto Community
Guevara

London Olympics

Looks like London's won the 2012 Olympic bid! I'm not sure what to think of this. It might be good for our country, but then, it'll cost a LOT of money, and there's so many other things this money could be spent on. It might overcrowd the country. But we don't know what might change by 2012. You never know what could happen. Let's hope it goes better than London's last big thing, the millenium dome!

actually it would be wise to relocate the london games due to the fact that terrorists are most likly planning on doing some damage there.

2012 is such a long time from now. Yeah the Olympics are going to cost a lot of money, but a lot of people will attend, and that will reimburse the cost. London might even make a profit because an Olympic ticket is pretty expensive.

And I've never heard of the millenium dome....

actually it would be wise to relocate the london games due to the fact that terrorists are most likly planning on doing some damage there.

161425[/snapback]

They already did some damage there. Surely they're not gonna do it again.

I like the fact that it's here. I'll be able to visit the Olympics :P

And I've never heard of the millenium dome....

The millenium dome was (apparently) a crappy dome shaped building and had some science exhibits in it. It's deserted now because it's not the year 2000. Other millenium creations include the London Eye and the Millenium Bridge

They already did some damage there. Surely they're not gonna do it again.

I bet they will. If they can successfully plant a bomb and blow up the stadium then they'll be no 2012 olympics and that will be embarassing for us.

[1]The millenium dome was (apparently) a crappy dome shaped building and had some science exhibits in it. It's deserted now because it's not the year 2000. Other millenium creations include the London Eye and the Millenium Bridge

[2]I bet they will. If they can successfully plant a bomb and blow up the stadium then they'll be no 2012 olympics and that will be embarassing for us.

161586[/snapback]

[1]Thanks for the information. So it's sort of like a museum? Since the year 2000, I have never heard of the Millenium Dome.

[2]Well, I based what I was saying on the terrorist attack on the United States back in 2001. So far, there has not been any plane hijackings....

The Millennium Dome was created to mark the year 2000. It ran hugley over budget and was not visited by many people, and therefore cost the country a huge amount of money. It was filled with various exhibitions, exhibits and other things, often science based. The London Eye (the huge, slow ferris wheel) and The Millennium Bridge (the one that wobbles) were also created to mark the year 2000. I don't see why they can't convert the Millennium Dome into a sports facility? At least then it will actually get used for something.

First I would like to congratulate London for gaining the right to host the 2012 Olympics, it was a very tough competition with the presence of very well candidates such as Paris, Moscow, and New York. :P:DB)B)B) The important thing now is to make London ready to host these Olympics. This process will cost a lot of the tax-payers money, but it will eventually payoff.All the people that will go to London will have to spend ALOT of money in order to watch these Olympics, such costs includes Hotels, Stadium Tickets, food and drink, transportation, airport taxes, and shopping. So I think this event will give a considerable Boost to the English economy.In al cases the people of London should be extremely proud of there city that will become in the "international spotlight" for a considerable amount of time no mater how much it costs.And by the way I would like to say "Hard Luck" to the loosing candidates (Madrid, New York, Paris, Moscow) :D:D:D