xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Question About Upgrading Please take a look.

I have a quick question about account upgrading. I'm wondering if it only costs 20 credits to purchase the upgraded account. It seems like if you want to upgrade, you have to pay 30 credits, but to me, this makes no sense. The reason is that, if you collected credits and simply waited until you have the thirty credits then you could get the upgraded hosting, no problem. But if you have the ten credits and then try to upgrade its seems as if you will end up paying forty credits for what someone got for only thirty. I'm not sure if my assumption is right, that the upgrade costs the entire 30 credits, but it was my impression that it did. I'm simply stating that I think that this makes no sense and should be changed, because there's no reason why someone should be charged forty credits for what someone else got for only thirty. If I'm wrong or if I'm missing some sort of important reasoning, then please tell me, but otherwise, my big question is "Why?"

I asked this ages ago and don't think I ever got a reply (or maybe I forgot to check). But really, there's no need to make too big a deal out of it. Just make sure you've got enough credits regardless of what plan you're on.

Well, since no one else replys, here goes nothing!Some people don't like waiting to get 30 credits for hosting, because they need the hosting really bad, so they get 10, and then request hosting. Later they find out "OMG! I Need more space" so they need package 2. After the weeks of posting here to keep there account active, they have over 30 credits, so they can get package 2! And they do. Why is still costs 30, I'm not exactaly sure. Whether or not you have package 1, package 2 still costs 30. Doesn't matter. And yes, if you want to upgrade is costs 30 credits.

I understand that it's not that hard to get more credits, but it just seems that it should add up to the same price regardless. I suppose it would make sense partially because it takes them some time to have to upgrade your account and stuff. I suppose it doesn't really matter, I personally probably won't upgrade my acccount, at least not for a while, I was simply pointing out that it didn't add up properly.

I personally think the 30 credits for an upgrade reguardless if whether you have the starter package or not is fair.1. The moderator, or whoever check the "free webhosting requests" have to take care of you 2 times, not just once like those who waited until they have 30 credits.2. As you have more credits, the value of your post is less. So let's say you have the starter package, then upgrade using 20 additional credits: that would be less than 30.Why, because you going from 0-10, then 0-20 are way easier than going form 0-30 because when you go from 20-30 it is way hard to get credits. I very often get less than 1 hosting credit per post. I so missed those easy credits when i had lower credits.3. So let's say you went from 0-10, then go to 0-30 for an upgrade. Really that's not 40 because the posts that took you from 0-10 would probably only give you 3 or 4 credits if you currently had 30. For example, let's take a hypothetical example to explain my point: *let's say all your post is the same size and have the same value:ok, 4posts take you from 0-10, which you then used for the package 1;you need 4 more posts for another 0-10, then 8posts take you from 10-20, then 16 posts take you to 20-30; so the total is only 4 more posts than someone who had waited until 30 hosting credits to apply for the package 2 right away.And, 4 more extra posts is a inexpensive cost for making the "site-approval guys" do more work.That why i think it's pretty fair.

if the space and bandwidth is enough i just suggested you donot upgrade.because it's cost so many credits if you upgrading and you will be paying more time in credits if you upgrading .but if you are the first package one of the plans you will don't need so much time for keeping your credits..it's just my own opinion i just don't know if it's right.but however i'm finding myself is really tired.so you will choose what you just want.and you will got what the same hard for the good.