xisto Community
kservice

Freeware Programs And Applications

I work a week to post this thread, It's very long, but it could be updated with more software titles, so if you know about something that isn't here, tell to us.A reminder: This thread is not another "cool programs" thread. It's just meant to show that there are free replacements for a lot of commercial software that people commonly pirate. As far as I know, none of these programs have spyware. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Computer protection and maintenance Antivirus software: Anti-Vir - According to Schadenfroh's article, it has the best detection rate of any of the freeware AV solutions. It's also pretty bloatfree. I'm using it on both my desktop and laptop. It has an update wizard, but it does not automatically update for you. Schadenfroh's antivirus roundup Panda Antivirus - Free to just about anyone who is affiliated to a school, corporation, or government institution. A note about using Panda: - After I registered my installation of Panda AV, I got a call from John at Pandasoftware. He verified that I work in IT and then asked if I plan on buying for my company. If not, then take a look at E-Trust EZ Armor Security Suite - According to Virus Bulletin, this AV suite is better than Avast Antivirus Home Edition or AVG. Server Antivirus: Bitdefender Free Edition. I installed this on the free NFR copy of Server 2003 that MS sent me. It works perfectly. Panda, antiVir, and others won't even let you install their free versions. The only downside is that it doesn't provide realtime protection. Firewall: Kerio Personal Firewall. Kerio seems to be the favorite among forum members. Also take a look at Sygate Personal Firewall. Both are very good and free. The firewall that comes with the E-Trust EZ Armor Security Suite, seems to be the free version of ZoneAlarm. Embeded firewall software package: m0n0wall. " m0n0wall is a project aimed at creating a complete, embedded firewall software package that, when used together with an embedded PC, provides all the important features of commercial firewall boxes (including ease of use) at a fraction of the price (free software)." Spyware scanner: Try Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-aware. Also take a look at Schadenfroh's thread about spyware removal. Office Office suite: OpenOffice. It's a very professional looking office suite that is compatible (to a certain extent) with Microsoft Office. AbiWord (Word processor) and 602Pro PC Suite 2001 are good free alternatives too. PDF maker: CutePDF. It's pretty much the same as PDF955, but without the nag popup. OpenOffice also has an option to export as PDF now. PDFCreator - An open source PDF maker written in VB. Email Client: Thunderbird. It's not as full featured as Outlook, but it's a great alternative to Outlook Express. If you want calendar features, take a look at the Calendar plug-in. You can import your settings from Outlook if you export them first to a more generic format (CSV maybe? Don't really remember). Also look at these free email clients: Eudora (ad sponsored but very good), Foxmail, and Pegasus Mail. Calendar: Sunbird. I mentioned this application as Calendar along with Thunderbird for an email client, but apparently they made it into a stand-alone application like Thunderbird and Firefox now. Outlook Express backup: OEBackup. This program seems to simplify the process of backing up OE. Outlook Express doesn't have an easy one-button way to backup all of your emails, settings, and address books. File compression: IZArc - suggested by theAnimal. No adds, small download, ugly icons, nice interface. Probably the plainest of the three listed here. AlZip - suggested by Flashram. Freeware, but presented as a commercial product. Lots of features, cute icons, and relatively small download. I think they have a very small, unintrusive banner in one of the windows for themselves. ZipGenius - suggested by Mem. Tons of features. Largest download. Nice icons and interface. Has a good community following too. Tax software: TaxAct - They let you use their Federal Tax software for free. I tried it out last year and found it to be pretty easy to use. Presentation/Wizard maker: Wink - (suggested by hasu) Internet/Networking Email server: Mercury Mail Transport System. FTP server: Filezilla Server - A little more difficult to use than GuildFTP, but I've found it to be a lot faster. FTP client: Filezilla. Filezilla recently replaced SmartFTP as my preferred FTP client because SmartFTP started to nag me about purchasing a license if I'm a corporate user. Filezilla is great because it supports multiple connections to the FTP server. You can still browse the FTP server while downloading several files. Drag'n'drop support still needs a little work though because you can't drag into Explorer yet. ugh suggests BlazeFTP. It's pretty similar to Filezilla except that it supports connections to multiple sites using tabs. SFTP/SCP client: WinSCP. WinSCP is an open source SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure CoPy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure SHell). Telnet client: Putty. It's simple, powerful, and free. Download manager: Star Downloader. It's a nice, clean, simple download manager. My only complaint is that it uses a temporary folder for all downloads. This means that after you download a 600MB file, it still has to COPY the file to your destination folder. I'd also like an option to automatically sort downloads by file type or name. LeechGet. LeechGet is kind of like GetRight lite. Unlike Star Downloader, LeechGet doesn't save the download to a temporary file before copying to your download directory. It also lets you save to different folders based on file type. It has an FTP browser and website parser built in too. The interface is nice although somewhat confusing and there are still a few random bugs. I've tried a lot of different freeware managers such as Star Downloader and FlashGet but I think LeechGet is the best. NOTE: FlashGet contains spyware too. BFG10K also suggests using NetVampire. Website copier: HTTrack - An easy-to-use offline browser utility. I've used this utility before and it works great for grabbing tons of files off a website or just copying the website on a superficial level. Graphics Image editing: Gimp. Gimp 2.2 is supposed to be really good. Paint.net. This one looks PERFECT for people who want a decent, free, easy to use photo editor. It's like MS paint on steroids and it supports layers! If you can spent a little money, I suggest Photoshop Elements. I decided to give Photoshop Elements a try and it worked fine for me. Here's a list of some of the stuff that it doesn't support compared to Photoshop CS: masks, channels, action scripts, complex batch operations, multiple anti-aliasing styles for the text tool, and complex layer effects like drop shadow and buttonizing. PSE has a single anti-aliasing option for text. It supports batch operations but only for resizing and renaming. It also only supports a couple pre-done layer effects like drap shadows, so you can't specify angles and shadow depth, etc. A few people in this thread have suggested Paint Shop Pro as an alternative to Photoshop. I used to use Paint Shop Pro and it's a great piece of software. I now prefer PSE because Photoshop is more of an industry standard and it's easier for me to just stick with the same interface. I'm a Computing and the Arts student, btw. Vector graphics: SodiPodi is a freeware vector-based drawing program. DrawPlus - Seems to be a semi-popular freeware vector drawing program. Inkscape - Another freeware/open source vector graphics application. It looks pretty good. Layout: PagePlus - Seems to be a semi-popular freeware layout program. Image viewer: Irfanview. I've been using Irfanview for a couple years now. It's very powerful and supports a lot of basic image editing functions. Through plug-ins, you can view just about any media file. I used to also suggest a program called Slowview, but it has become a commercial program now with only a downloadable trial. Icon editor - @icon sushi - I've been looking for a good FREEWARE icon editor for the longest time now. Mk4 suggested this in another thread. IDE's and editors Microsoft released an entire suite of Express software for free. Suggested by kmmatney HTML editor: HTML-Kit. I use HTML-Kit for HTML and PHP editing. It has a built in FTP browser so I can edit files straight from my FTP server. HTML-Kit has tons of features and support for plug-ins to add more features. WYSIWYG HTML editor: NVU. Finally someone made a standalone version of Mozilla Composer! NVU is excellent for a free WYSIWYG editor. DHE Editor is another editor that I've found. It uses style sheets to position everything so it doesn't work like regular WYSIWYG editors. It seems to support a lot of optimization and general effects for images too. The interface is really easy to use because you basically "paint" the webpage. CSS editor: Topstyle Lite. Topstyle Lite is a great CSS editor. It pretty much lets you select CSS properties from lists. I tried the Topstyle Pro HTML editor trial and it's possibly the best HTML/CSS editor I've ever used. Java IDE: Eclipse. Possibly the coolest IDE I've ever used. Sometimes it has some weird quirks, but it works well for me. Also, Borland's JBuilder 9.0 Personal Edition is free for noncommercial use. There are several other free ones out there. Google for them. NetBeans. "its freeware and can be bundled with jdk and tomcat if your running JSP. so far its not bad. knows the whole language and does type ahead etc. " C++ IDE: Dev-C++. It's great and it's free. Microsoft also released Visual C++ 2005 Express for free. Basic (VB) IDE: SharpDevelop. I haven't used this IDE much, but it supports VB.NET. The interface seems pretty similar to that of VB6. It uses the VB.NET SDK which Microsoft provides for free. Microsoft also released Visual Basic 2005 Express for free. xBasic - Never tried it since I have VB6. I heard that it's pretty good. C# IDE: SharpDevelop. I haven't used it much but it seems to be really cool. It's very similar to Visual Basic 6.0 in the layout. Microsoft also released Visual C# 2005 Express for free. PHP Editor: phpEDIT - A good PHP editor that not only functions as a text editor but as a relatively loaded IDE. There are a lot of PHP editors but most of them are lacking one thing or another, or aren't being actively updated. phpEDIT seems to be the best all-around editor, too. They also offer a CodeBeauitifer that helps you clean up your code. Some third party reviews that support the assertion. Text editor: When it comes to text editors, you're going to get lots of suggestions. Some will suggest the power of Vim or xemacs, others will prefer the simplicity of Notepad+ or Editpad Lite. Personally, I strive for something in between the two. Some discussions on the pros/cons of vim. Some good alternatives Crimson Editor - a generally polished product that is designed for programmers, with syntax highlighting for all sorts of languages. It's very similar to UltraEdit without the nagware or $35 cost. Scintilla features collapse functions, i.e you can + and - your code, but it isn't a very active project, although it has some nifty features. JEdit very nice all-round editor, has lots of nifty features, as well as a whole bunch of plugins that can be automatically downloaded and installed using the built in plugin manager. Audio/Mp3/CD Audio editor: Audacity. It's a free and simple audio mixer/editor that supports mp3s. ID3 Tag Editor: The Godfather. It supports freedb search so not only can you search for entire albums, you can also search for individual songs. Another ID3 Tag Editor: MusicBrainz. This program REALLY helps in organizing thousands of mp3s. You can look up ID3 tags for individual mp3s. CD/mp3 ripper: CDex or EAC. Search the software forum for mp3 ripping. These two programs seem to be the favorites. (CDex suggested by Elemental007) Burning software: ISO's - nsafreak suggests burnatonce. I used to have this program in this post, but it didn't seem to work very well at the time so I removed it. nsafreak reports that it works well for him so give it a try if you need a free ISO burning program! General burning - cKGunslinger suggests CD Burner XP. Audio - Winchester suggests Mp3 Doctor for burning audio CDs. iTunes, recently came out for Windows and, I believe, it supports CD burning and ripping. Audio conversion - dbPowerAmp - Suggested by xgi. System tools Partition manager: Ranish Partition Manager Boot loader: XOSL Video/Rendering mpeg2 encoder: D.I.K.O. suggested by FrustratedUser - "I've been using it for a couple of DVDs now and it works great.". Capturing/editing: Virtualdub. I can't believe I forgot about this one. VideoLAN: VideoLAN - A free opensource DVD decoder! DVDShrink: DVDShrink - DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc. 3D everything: Blender3D - Description taken from their website: "open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback." Modeling and animation: Anim80r - Free 3D modeler and animator written by a guy who works at nVidia. Morphing software: WinMorph (suggested by hasu) 3D polygon mesh modeler: Wings 3D - "Wings 3D is a polygon mesh modeler inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware." Winchester suggested the following video/3D rendering software: Maya Personal edition : Nice, but leaves a massive watermark on rendered images. It still has lots of functionality of the full version though! Gmax: gmax is a free 3D modeling and animation tool based on Discreet's award-winning 3ds max. Avid FreeDV: Perfect for students, DV camera owners, video enthusiasts or anyone exploring video editing - Avid Free DV software is an easy, free way to join the Avid family and test-drive the industry-standard editing interface used by more professionals than any other video editing solution. This version is a Vietnam POW camp diet version compared to the full version, but hey it works. DopeFiend's review of Avid FreeDV - "Yes, it's free and that's great. However, I tried to import some large (~16Gb) DV files into it that I'm working on, and it told me that it only supports .jpg and .mov imports. Plus, the interface goes to pot on a dual-screen setup; the program maximises itself to the width of both screens (grr) and all the palettes become corrupted." Good Luck!!!Kservice

Wow what a great list. I seemed to hit everyone single program that i know of that is free that i use so great list. Hopefully a good number of people will find this list useful just like I am. Thnaks

great work dude!! thanks for the listi think 1.ftpsurfer is good free ftp client2.wellget and free download manager are good download managers without any spyware.3.yet another mail client [YAMC] is good mail client to try.4. opera browser is worth to try though free version has ads in it.5.windows media player 10 is wonderfull playing capabilities and it is free.6.yahoo site builder is good for beginers to build websitesbye....again thanks for the list......i really need it. take care:)

DreamWeaver, and Fireworks, are great programs, but they are shareware...... I think that in the next month, we could get a New revision for this list , so continue adding freeware soft in this threadGood luck!!kservice

1.yahoo tool bar with anti spy2.google tool bar3.msn tool bar which enables tabbled browsing to internet explorer4.pop peeper is good mail clientthese are good free wares

VLC Media PlayerMedia Portal - Answer to Microsoft Media CenterIf you are in software or web development then here is the list.Web Server: ApacheJava Web Container: TomcateApplication Server for Java/J2EE: Jboss, JOnAsDatabase: Mysql, othere tools for mysql are query Browser, Administrator.Difference tool: KDiff3ssh: PuttySecure FTP: WinSCP3IDE's are already listed there in original list..If u have more then please keeeeep sharing.. :(:D:D

My favorite freeware programs:

VoIP telephony

OpenH323 Gatekeeper - The GNU Gatekeeper is an open-source project that implements an H.323 gatekeeper. A gatekeeper provides call control services to the H.323 endpoints. It is an integral part of most usefull internet telephony installations that are based on the H.323 standard.

Text editor with syntax highlight

Aditor 3.10 - Advanced text editor for Windows 95/98/NT. The ideal tool for programmers and Web masters. Fully-customizable power syntax highlight schemes for HTML, C/C++, Delphi, Java, Perl and any other user-defined programming languages. Highlighting and activating URL directly from editor. Multilanguage support. Unlimited Undo/Redo, powerfull Find/Replace with regular expression and possibility to replace in multiply files. Unlimited number of bookmarks for each file. Clip libraries support, which allows you add any of your own clips to Aditor. Fully customizable appearance - colors, fonts, toolbar etc.. Minimizing to system tray. Execution files without leaving the editor. Removing HTML tag, case conversion, bracked autocomplete, word wrap. Possibility to send email directly from the editor, autosave and many, many more.

and you?

These all well-known freeware antivirus, spyware, etc.

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition is the freeware version of thew well known Ad-aware. With the ability to scan your RAM, registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data-mining, advertising, and tracking components, Ad-aware SE can easily clean your system, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web. Ad-aware SE Personal Edition boasts a number of improvements. Extended memory scanning now scans all modules loaded by a process. Scanning uses the all- new CSI (Code Sequence Identification) technology to identify new and unknown variants of known targets. Extended registry scanning now scans registry branches of multiple-user accounts and performs additional smart checks to detect dynamically created references.

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if you browser start page has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm in trying to see if something snooped into your computer, too :)

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web, and, unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background. Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer. SpywareBlaster is freeware

Maybe I missed it, but I can't believe Firefox Browser isn't on the list... an excellent IE replacement, especially when combined with FireTune for your specific OS. I hardly use IE anymore, unless I an testing a website design.

These programs aren't too popular but the functions are good!!!

Panel Commander

Command your computer with panels, Panel Commander is very clear and simple to use, it has sixteen buttons that execute the commands you have associated for each one of them.

You can configure a button to - Run Program, Open File, Open Folder, Run a System Command, Go to an Internet Address with your default browser :rolleyes: , Open your default email Client to send an email to a pre-set address. You can create as many Panel Commanders as you want and you can customise each one separately.

Tooltips and message boxes guide you through each set-up step. :D

FastKake

FastKake will create a set of handy and useful shortcuts which will give you full control of your Windows operating system and simplify your computing life.

There will be shortcuts to quickly shutdown/reboot/standby/hibernate the computer, lock the desktop or logoff the current user.

There will also be shortcuts to empty the recycle bin, close all windows, quickly compose and send an email. Launch default browser, launch default email client, open/close your cd drive.

Disable/enable your screensaver, open add/remove programs, device manager, search for files and folders, launch word, excel, powerpoint, notepad, etc. etc.

FastKake is small in size, requires no installation and does not modify your system. easy :lol: !

Robvdb Tips & Tricks

REALLY useful "How To" step-by-step guides.

How to Slipstream Windows XP Service Packs, How to create a Bootable CD (after slipstreaming).

That's all

It's good I think ;):P

How to create your own plugin, How to create an iso file with Bart's PEBuilder.

How to extract Windows PE from Longhorn, How to change the Bootscreen of Windows XP.

And more....

Anti-Spam Tools

I've downloaded these software.

Each of them have special ability.

:lol:;)

POP Peeper is an email notifier that runs in your Windows task bar and alerts you when you have new email on any of your POP3, Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo, Mail.com, MyWay, Excite, Lycos, or RediffMail accounts.

You can also use POP Peeper to read and delete your email, it supports HTML email, so you can see your email the same way as you would in your email client hehe.....

Several options are available that will decrease or eliminate the risks of reading your email (viruses, javascript, webbugs, etc).

If you share your computer, you can password-protect your accounts or password-protect access to POP Peeper. :rolleyes: .

SPAMfighter is a free plug-in for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, that automatically and efficiently blocks spam.

This software got 9 rating from 126 votes!! It's great software,guys!!!

Whenever new mail arrives, it will automatically be tested by the SPAMfighter server, and if it's spam, it will be moved to your spam folder.

If you receive a spam mail that is not detected, push one button, and the spam mail is removed from the rest of the 340,000 SPAMfighters in 143 countries in seconds.

SpamPal

SpamPal sits between your email program and your mailbox, checking your email as you retrieve it.

Any email messages that SpamPal considers to be spam will be "tagged" with a special header; you simply configure your email client to filter anything with this header into a separate folder and your spam won't be mixed up with the rest of your email anymore! More than one mailbox? Don't worry, SpamPal supports multiple POP3 servers, APOP authentication, can filter IMAP4 mailboxes and can even protect an SMTP connection! Extend SpamPal with third-party Plug-ins such as Bayesian filters.

Frontgate MX

Rid yourself of spam and take control of your inbox!

Frontgate MX is the personal email filter that's effective and easy to use, and with its superior "one step" operation, it won't change the way you work.

Best of all, Frontgate MX is free.

Features include: Filter, List, Preview, Accept, Delay, Reject, Report or Tag incoming mail before it reaches your PC; Dirty word filtering; HTML stripping; dangerous attachment pacification; "One click" integration with popular email clients;

Advanced self-training hybrid filter technology with RBL support; No cost, no adds, no tricks and no limitations.

The convenience of "one step" (POP3 proxy) operation with the power to list and preview waiting mail.

I think this is the best freeware antispam tool!

And this is the last......

SpamAware is a spam filter plugin for Ms-Outlook and Outlook Express.

It uses SpamAssassin :D to score new incomming mails and decides, based on the settings made in options, what to do with the mail.

It supports Black and White list filtering and is able to automatically add all your Outlook and Outlook Express contacts plus recipients of mails you write to the White list.

That's all try them all if u have time...... :P

These are internet connection tools.....

CyberTweak

CyberTweak allows you to Tweak your Internet connection settings :D .

The Basic aim is to make your Internet service perform a lot better than it does at the moment.

This is achieved by tweaking certain values on your network connection (be it broadband or 56k) and can have a huge impact on the speed you get. But I don't like this very much... :D

DialupMon

Ever forgotten to disconnect from the Internet and left your modem running up your phone bill or eating up your free hours? hahaha....

Specifiy the amount of time before DialupMon will prompt you to disconnect, if you choose to cancel the auto-disconnect then DialupMon will automatically extend your connection time and prompt you again later.

If you are not there when this prompt is shown it will disconnect automatically! :)

HyperTerminal Private Edition (HTPE)

HyperTerminal (a Hilgraeve product that ships with Windows) is a program that you can use to connect to other computers, Internet telnet sites, bulletin board systems (BBSs), online services, and host computers, using either your modem or your network card.

"HyperTerminal Private Edition" is a more powerful version than the one that ships with Windows.

Hilgraeve began providing "private editions" of HyperTerminal free for personal use shortly after Microsoft launched Windows 95, to satisfy end user requests and increase public awareness of HyperACCESS, its full-featured product from which HyperTerminal is derived. Try this!!!

MultiModemia

This is a little program that monitors your Dial-Up connection and enhances Dial Up Networking.

It shows the modem sent/received status, plays a .wav file when common modem events occur, and can automatically close down the active connection, as well as Shutdown Windows. It's funny.... :(

AnalogX NetStat Live

NSL is a small, easy to use TCP/IP protocol monitor which can be used to see your exact throughput on both incoming and outgoing data - whether you're using a modem, cable modem, DSL, or even local network!

NSL doesn't just stop there, it lets you see how quickly your data goes from your computer to another computer on the internet; it even will tell you how many other computers your data must go through to get there! But wait - there's more!

NSL also graphs your CPU usage of your system!

This can be especially useful in identifying if your computer is what's slowing things down, or if it's your internet connection. COOL B)

EasyMTU

A program that optimizes your TCP/IP settings for your dial-up adapter (MaxMTU, MaxMSS, DefaultTTL, DefaultRcvWindow and more).

It has a easy to use auto calculate option and the possibility to add your own registry keys.

New in version 1.03: One button for viewing all recommended settings.

When starting EasyMTU for the first time, EasyMTU asks if you want to view all recommended settings.

Just press yes, save the settings and you're all done! It keeps track of last saved settings.

Simple!! :D

ISPs Nightmare(funny name :( )

This is an anti-idler program designed mainly for AOL users, to provide them with a free solution for staying connected, without the hassle of unneccesary huge downloads and complex installations.

Whilst using this program, you will notice incoming/outgoing traffic.

This is because ISPs Nightmare works by connecting to google.com every so often, thus making your ISP think you are still active, which in turn, keeps your connection active.

Magitime

This is a dial-up connection tracking facility that monitors online time, expense and data transfer during the session.

It has very simple Interface and easily been configured.

It is usually built to track Internet connections establish using dial-up method example modem and ISDN standards networks.

You find out range of utilities like Reports, Splash Windows, Autostart programs, Alarm, Timer, and Transfer Graph that improves your net surfing proficiency

Net Monitor

This Power Tool perodically tests the web servers and e-mail servers of your choice, and attempts to download a specific page.

It can also test connections to any computer on the local network, or on the Internet.

It reports any errors that occur, so you can take corrective action.

New feature! :( The 'Net Monitor can now send e-mail notifications of failures at monitored web sites and e-mail servers.

E-mail notification feature requires Karen's E-Mailer II. huh...

Those all freeware!! :)

I got THESE CD Burner applications for free!!

CDBurnerXP Pro

A program that can write CD-R and CD-RW discs and erase CD-RW discs.

It can also write discs directly from an ISO image file, and save image as an ISO image file (*.iso).

Other features are: Create fully compatible ISO9660 and Joliet CD's. Supports BURN-PROOF technology.

Write ISO images for raw writing by other applications. Import ISO images from other applications.

Import multi-session data tracks. :):(

Supports creation of multi-session disks. Supports use of high write speeds. FREEWARE YOU KNOW!!!

DeepBurner

A powerful CD and DVD burning package that utilizes power and efficiency.

It takes away the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, autoruns, creating and printing labels and booklets.

Burn audio, data and ISO CDs and DVDs with just one FREE program B):D , Deepburner doesn't try to do everything--- :D it does a few things very well.

The program supports a very wide range of internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers.

aND these are FTP Client....

Racing Turtle FTP]

This is a next generation FTP client that contains plenty of features found in no other program while keeping a user friendly and simple interface :D .

Racing Turtle FTP uses an update button to transfer files, it follows your mouse as you select files and directories to be transferred & the software allows you to start your transfers once you've selected all the files. You can stop a transfer whenever you want.

None of your files will be corrupted as the program stores all of the files which need to be transferred.

Being both freeware and open source, the program is constantly evolving, and therefore will be always at the peak of current technology.

It is therefore your responsability to report any bugs you come accross to RacingTurtle software support!

FTPBAT

This program will monitor for a user defined batch file and will execute the instructions within. :(

Very useful when used in tandem with FTP as you can then send batch file requests remotely.

Since the filename and path are user defined the program can be made secure from hacking attempts.

Often (using Dial Up Networking or similar programs) you sometimes have files or directories that cannot be accessed or are locked.

Using this remote batch file method you can cause your computer to react to DOS commands as though you were typing the commands directly on the system itself. Of couse it could also be used with networks as well since it simply looks for the presence of a file in a certain directory :) .

Well.... That's all.....

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Nice way to copy software description and not using the QUOTE tag.

Nice list of very usefull programs and tools.It must made you work a couple of hours, so thanks.