xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SystemWisdom

What Is The Answer To This Riddle? As above, so below.

Read the Riddle in the post below, and select that answer which you feel is most correct.  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for matter but love was a close second for me. The thing that threw me off was the "kids play with it" line, which swayed me towards believing matter was a better fit rather than love. Interesting exercise.

Yeah... Like inverse_bloom, I nearly chose matter, but in the end I chose love... Let me tell you why... sentence by sentence... Let me get the quote first, so that it will be easier to cut open int bits for easier understanding. Here it is:

"The key to life and death is everywhere to be found, but if you do not find it in your own house, you will find it nowhere. Yet, it is before everyone's eyes; no one can live without it; everyone has used it. The poor usually possess more of it than the rich; children play with it in the streets. The meek and uneducated esteem it highly, but the privileged and learned often throw it away. When rejected, it lies dormant in the bowels of the earth. It is the only thing from which the Philosopher's Stone can be prepared, and without it, no noble metal can ever be created."

"But if you do not find it in your own house, you will find it nowhere."

This would point to love. You can find matter in your house, and yet if you can't find it, then you will still be able to find it outside your house. And yet if you can't find love in your own house, then you won't find it anywhere else. Because everywhere you go, even if people love you, and even if you try to love people back, it will not be the same as loving people in your own house, because only them knows what you are really like deep inside... if you have a good family and parents, that is.

"No one can live without it; everyone has used it."

A mother will always love their child, no matter what. Even if you are aborted, a mother "should" have felt love for you and despair that she cannot have you. You won't be able to live without it, because if that was the case, then your mother wouldn't have gone to suffer and went through all the labour just to give birth to you and then not love you, right? The sacrifice of peace and no pain of the mother itself is love for you already. Everyone is born through their mother's pain and labour. Who would go through something like that for someone that you don't want and love?

"The poor usually possess more of it than the rich"

This doesn't have to be explained, I believe. The poor has nothing to treasure but love and bonds between themselves, the rich usually hoard all the gold and ignore everyone else. Steorotypically speaking, that is.

"Children play with it in the streets"

Remember the times where we played Mother and Father and Family? And Girlfriend and Boyfriend and all that? Hugging your mother's shirt or holding tightly on your Father as you rode on the streets above everyone else on the shoulders? That is what I mean.

"The meek and uneducated esteem it highly, but the privileged and learned often throw it away."

Again, same thing. The meek and uneducated won't have any self-esteem but for the love they recieve. The privileged and learned don't need that, they've got their skills and books and all that certificates and stuff.

"When rejected, it lies dormant in the bowels of the earth."

You know Mother Nature? That is what it means. When it is rejected, the love goes that into the ground. Mother Nature. We are nurtured by Mother Nature, it is what makes us possible. So therefore, if we do not give the Love that mother nature gave us, it will eventually be lost back into the "bowels of the earth".

Last one: " It is the only thing from which the Philosopher's Stone can be prepared, and without it, no noble metal can ever be created."

All craftsmen use love to make their artworks, and so does an alchemist. Without love, they won't have the time and patience to put their efforts into their works, and therefore, no art will ever be created, and therefore, no Philosopher's stone will ever be created as well...

So, how is that? My deduction, of course...

I think its matter but its sounds weird when its next to all those choices there. But when it says 'the poor possess it more than the rich', I think it, my name is Marions Love. The rich grows selfish, as everyone knows because in thoes little kid's movie the rich guy always seems decieving and evil. But the last few lines got me confused.... Posted Image

Hello, my nam is Marion, and I too believe the answer is the soul. We are tested by fire (God ) to prove the genuiness of our faith. Faith and our soul are more percious than that of gold wich parishes to evil and sins of the world. because,we do not see him we love him, eventhough we can not see him now but believe in him, our faith loves, honor, and glorifys Jesus Christ. God probes us in our dreams to make sure we are not plotting evil, probe me in my dreams oh lord you shall see my mouth has not transgressed. Google 1 Peter 1:7. To die a second death is to kill our soul to hell for all eternity. I only want to die once, because I can not bare to live an eternity away from my God's pure love. Render unto God's what isGod's, and render unto ceasers which belongs to ceasers. The soul belongs to God and all earthly goods belong to Ceaser. The worlds riches are an Illusion, but God's paradise is a reality. We cannot take with us worldy possions, so don't build up worldy things, build up your possions in heaven where nothing will ever parish. God bless you all I pray everyone can render unto God his love, faith, and soul. Live for Jesus Christ so that the holy spirit can purdge your life, all your sins, and people that make you stumble ( sin ) in life. I need not see God to know he exists, the love in my heart tells me my Loving father above exists. Without God in my life I would cease to exists, all things would cease to exists if their wasn't a creator ( God ). :)

I guessed soul but what is the real answer?

It is the soul, you can not live without a soul. The meek esteem it highly because they're humble. The rich throw it away because they have no wants and needs their money buys whatever their hearts desires and pleasure in it. Children play with it in the streets, kids do play in the streets, I know I did. Also God refines it throug testing us by fire, God's heavenly fire, we are as silver, but when God puts us through trials and tribulations and stand true in our faith our soul comes out more precious than gold....1 Peter 1:7" Although we can not see him we love him", "although we don't see him now we believe in him", he probes us in our dreams to see if we're plotting evil. Prpbe me in my dreams Lord and ye shall see that my mouth has not transgressed. Without faith in Jesus Christ we will die twice, the body and soul. If one stands firm in their faith we die once here on earth body back to the earth, but live for all eternity in soul with Jesus Christ in paradise, lose faith or believe not in, God the father, God the son, and God the holy spirit one can die twice, body back to the bowles of mother earth, but the soul to die and burned for all eternity under heaven in hell for all eternity. One shouldn't think in worldy ways, but in spiritual ways. What we accumulate we can't take with us so why build up your treasures here on earth, build them up in heaven's paradise. God will purdge and prune the dead branches off the tree of life, God will also purdge all things from your life that makes you stumble and sin if it would be people in your life or your deeds you do in life make it right and render unto God what is his your soul. Repent with pure love in your heart so that the father above can purdge and prune you with love. Give unto God a pure innocent childish soul. God is our life source is gave us a soul to live not die.