xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

What Do You Like Best About Your School/college? ;) share your experience.

What do you guys like best about your schools/ colleges??I wanna talk about the school in which I did my A-level. I think what I liked best about the school was the tutors and their small classes. The maximum number of students in each class is limited to only 8. And we all receive extensive care, attention....and tutors there are not only tutors, they are like friends and also parents. We had a lot of fun in class.....and we also learn things very well as a result of having small classes. When I was having problems with anything ....e.g. when I need a dentist (I'm oversea student) or sth, the tutor would phone up for me to check. Our maths tutor made notes of all students' birthdays and made chocolate cake for the them (and the class who were also lucky). When I was having the Oxford interview, I was given 4 mocks interviews (4 hours) a week for the whole term by 4 different tutors. They were just really willing to help.They are soo cool! :P What about you? What do you like best in your school?

I am currently studying my GCSEs in Year 10. The best thing about my school is how the teachers are approachable with any problems or queries you may have. It makes doing coursework so much easier if you can speak to someone who has been through the whole process before, loads of times. The GCSE results for the school are very good, especially the marks awarded for coursework. Talking to other students in other schools, it seems to be a rare occurance to have teachers you can speak to regularly to get help and guidance.The worst thing is that they never listen to suggestions or take on board any ideas you may have. It does get a little annoying when you have a surefire idea that they refuse to listen to or make suggestions about.

My school is generally known as the best public high school in the U.S. >_>I go to Thomas Jefferson/TJ/TJHSST in Northern VA. All the students are really nice to eachother because we know we're among equals. The teachers are generally pretty good, too. The school is also really safe- you could leave almost anything out in the hall for a week and it'd still be there when you came back.Lots of cool classes, too- tons of programming courses and the math goes really high up (after AP Calc: Multivar Calc, Linear Algebra, AP Statistics, and some others).

I am in middle school 3rd year @_@>>I like everything about school!! School is awesome ^_~ and our school does a lot of cool activites and field trips, it's totally awesome. I just hate the early get-upsBut what I like best about school is acting and preforming. Especially preforming on my violin. It's really fun and it ACTUALLY gives me something to do over the week.

Hi, I think the best thing about school has to be being with my friends. School it's self I feel is in most cases (lessons) boring but I know that it is important and so I do my best. Being with my friends at break and lunch make it well worth while. Some of the closest friends I have I have met through school. And - of course - the girls. Some of the nicest babes you can imagine go to my school. That's the only reason I go to school really - friends and girls... (lol - mainly friends) . Thanks, Sean Webber.

What I loved about the university that I went to is the diversity of the peole. I went to a State University (the sschool is being subsidized by the government, there are not much universities and colleges in the Philippines that are being funded by th Philippine Government). Most students come from different region in the Philippines. We have different cultures and religion. But despite these, we communicate and interact as if there are no differences between us. We learn a lot from each other, and share this new knowledge to others. which lessens the fear that they (the persons from other region) must be feared because they have different religion and/or culture.We also respect other people's opinion and we practice our rights. Although our university is under the government, we have our rights to rally against them if they are doing something that should be rallied. the students can march and protest. And if you don't want to go out and rally, it's your decision. we practice democracy in our university.

The computers diffently, they have about four computer labs and theres only like 800 people in the town so theres not to many that come to school. Maybe a few hundred, anyways the computers are very fast and have lots of cool programs. They get a new set of computers every other year I think and they just got some last year that are very cool and fast.The only thing I dont like is that you can't fully customize your user login name to what you want. Like when I login I can't change my clock, images, and download / uninstall things. However I suppose they can't allow this because you may screw up the computer badly. lol

The best thing about my school is my mates.i recently came out as bi-sexual in a catholic school (a big no-no), there was some bad stuff but i made some new friends as well, and discovered my school's hidden gay/bi community.life's very cool! :)

I like the teachers at my school. It isn't the highschool with the best rep in the city (san francisco), but it's rising above. THere are lot of people who have no homes and are fairly poor, and it isn't academically averaged anywhere near the top. But it's a hidden secret, I swear. The teachers are friggin awesome (most of them are new, last 3 years or so, which happens to be the time in which the school's test scores have gotten 3x higher) and nice. My math teacher is an MIT Grad, my math teacher next year taught at Stanford, I got a PHD biology teacher... it never ends, I swear. The teachers are wonderful at my school.

My school is generally known as the best public high school in the U.S. >_>
I go to Thomas Jefferson/TJ/TJHSST in Northern VA. All the students are really nice to eachother because we know we're among equals. The teachers are generally pretty good, too. The school is also really safe- you could leave almost anything out in the hall for a week and it'd still be there when you came back.

Lots of cool classes, too- tons of programming courses and the math goes really high up (after AP Calc: Multivar Calc, Linear Algebra, AP Statistics, and some others).

I believe that AP Statistics comes before AP Calc, and perhaps Lindear Algebra too. In fact, I'm taking AP Statistics next year as a sophomore woot. And I haven't taken precal yet, so I hope not....

There is nothing good about my school. You could ask every single person that has been there atleast one year, maybe a half year, and they will say it is the worst. Theres probably a handful of actually nice people, and they're only there for they're first year, then they're not so nice anymore. The schools teachers arent to great, there's probably one or two of them that you might want to go to, and I just so happen to be as so lucky to have one of those teachers...probably the reason I dont skip the whole school day all together.

What Do i like about my school , hmm. well we have to wear uniform, the teachers are old and witchy, the biulding smell's and is a dump. O i know there is something i like about school, MY media teacher now he was a great.

The thing that i like best about college is the freedom. I love being able to go to the bar before and after class, able to stay up as late or early as i want, and be able to whatever i feel is the most efficient thing for my time. However, none of this means that I just have fun the whole time at college and dont do work cause i do way to much work. I like how i can budget my time the way i feel i can get the most out of it. Whether it means waking up early to do research for the first few hours of the day, then out to lunch with friends then class then research and homework again or any other situation, i just like being able to decide for mself. This is the best part of college besides maybe the friends. In college, everyone is an equal and u can have friends that you never could in high school. Everyone is sooo friendly and just want to enjoy themselves when they can.

for me, the best of my college is the clubs. I've been in about 5 different clubs and together with my fellow club friends is gave me the good times. This is my fourth year and from the beginning of this academic year, I've quited from my clubs... it's so sad now to see the new faces (new members) that I don't even recognize who at all...