xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

450 Sheep Commit Suicide funny but true

ISTANBUL, Turkey - First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported...

See full article over here ...

I know sheep have a tendancy to follow their heard. It's instinctive for protection but I had no idea they would go to these kind of lengths! Surely they would sense the movement of the following sheep and stop? Obviously not.

But it's not all funny. That family have lost $100,000 where the GNP per head is $2.7k. Over 35 years worth of earnings :P

Comments welcome...

Edit: Fixed link to news article.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

rofl, i know its not right though, 450 sheep losing their lives, but ROFLMAO that is so funny, they must have been having trouble at home or something. Or was it like a Sheep Cult or something the leader jumps off with them in hope of going to a better place.

rofl, i know its not right though, 450 sheep losing their lives, but ROFLMAO that is so funny, they must have been having trouble at home or something. Or was it like a Sheep Cult or something the leader jumps off with them in hope of going to a better place.

LMAO XDD omg!! that's so funny! i just can imagine all these depressive sheeps, all angry because year per year cut their "hair" Ź0Ź!!!! and WHAM! omg ROFLcopter xD

BUT in teh other side is Horrible! poor family >O<! i hope they can find a solution to that thing.. maybe they can sell the sheeps meat? then get enough money to buy some new sheeps.. obviously they would be WAY less than the 450 but it could be a start, i hope teh best for this family.

the sheep must have had a grudge against them, and the best way to screw some body is through money, if i was there i would have fall down laughing, well of course run like the dickens cuz they be after me yelling that i did it or something.at least some news is funnier then others,

Reminds me of this:

Mark 5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

ISTANBUL, Turkey - First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported...

See full article over here ...

I know sheep have a tendancy to follow their heard. It's instinctive for protection but I had no idea they would go to these kind of lengths! Surely they would sense the movement of the following sheep and stop? Obviously not.

But it's not all funny. That family have lost $100,000 where the GNP per head is $2.7k. Over 35 years worth of earnings :P

Comments welcome...

159822[/snapback]

Hmmm... so it appears that sheep are not so different from people after all. Sheep follow each other without regards for the consequences. Does that sound at all familier? Reminds me of excuses I have heard (and probably used when I was younger). Things such as "Well, all of my friends are going to the party" or, "Well, everybody else was drinking and smoking dope"

The whole earth is filled with creatures that just seem to do whatever the other creatures are doing. Cows do it, Sheep do it... even birds and bees do it.

Sheep jumping off a cliff ... well I wonder if they get depressed like us Humans do at times. Or was it one of these sheep cults? Well, I surpose that we now will never know will we?I feel sorry for the Owners as they have lost so much money from what has happened.

This is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. I really feel sorry for the owners of the sheep. I think that if this had been recorded, it would be the funniest video ever made.

Well, serves the shepherds right for bungee jumping where the sheep could watch, I say :lol:If someone had taped it, I bet Budweiser or some stupid beer company would have many some even stupider commercial out of it... *sheep see beer ship crossing ocean* "Look, free beer!" -_-