xisto Community
Steve

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage Which do you prefer?

Which web developer to you prefer  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer frontpage, as i just find some of the features easy to use.I have spent longer using it, and reading about it.also, it is simialar to a lot of the microsoft office family, which i am very familiar with, so its the best for me anyway.

I use frontpage for most of my designs apart from notepad and dreamweaver.Dreamweaver is good in a few respects but i felt frontpage has better features and easy usability.Even now i remember how i struggled with dreamweaver.Frontpage is a cake walk for those who are familiar with MS Office.For designing of scripts a dedicated software is betterExpression web, the recent heir to frontpage has its own limitations and i had to uninstall it after a horrible experience.

Even though they fall in the same category they are not suppposed to be compared. While Dreamweaver has always been in constant development whereas, Frontpage has been developed just for the sake of it.I was lucky enough to get a hand on Macromedia Dreamweaver version 1 (trial) from?oldversion.com.?The?download?link?now?has?been?removed.?I?must?say?that?for?the?technology?of?those?days(1997)?the?softwares?was?well?developed?with?even?a?bit?of?DHTML.Dreamweaver has best project management tools.I like the templating system as it helps for creating small websites and when we cannot use server side includes or php includes. The best part of it, it has the dynamic code insert function which saves me a lot of typing. Frontpage --> May be it would be useful for some beginners as it comes with default Office package. But even then freeware are better than frontpage.

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

I would have to say dreamweaver, it has much more support for more advanced aditing features, and seems to work beter than frontpage at handling code you input in the HTML section.I dont like microsoft software, so i would always use dreamweaver ver frontpagem but i usually use a text based or code based aditor, rathr than a WYSIWYG editor.

I dont think we will be serious to compare a very powerful suite like Dreamweaver with frontpage. Frontpage simply can't fall in that category. I only used Frontpage before I was a beginner. When I began I started using notepad and then Dreamweaver. Frontpage will limit a developer. Someone told me Frontpage is the best if you want to design .asp based sites but I don't know about that.All I know is that a Microsoft tool is always the wrong tool for any job.

How to display images when roll over on text

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage

Hi

I have 700 pixels of body, and I just taken a div tag in that div tag I have given unordered list in these I have taken six list items

These list items display on the left side of the body and now my requirement is when I roll over on each and every list items I should see different images on the right hand side of the body at the same position

Can you please suggest me how? I will be very happy if any one give me solution

Thanks,

--VAMSI KRISHNA

-question by Vamsi Krishna