xisto Community
Steve

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage Which do you prefer?

Which web developer to you prefer  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i had never done a website before , so i was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to create a professional looking website in seconds using dreamweaver 8.i used the halo template and modified it to what i wanted.i found that it led me nicely into messing around with the css script files to give me the desired look of my website.i did try frontpage a couple of years ago and didnt get anywhere with it.maybe frontpage has become easier and more user friendly , but i dont think i will be checking it out as i am sold on dreamweaver now.

Dreamweaver is by far way better than microsoft front page. Microsoft front page is ridiculous for making web pages. Dreamweaver is way more versatile and functional. Ive been using dreamweaver for years now and it always gets better. I love dreamweaver it rocks. The only thing i can say about front page is that it sucks al ot, and i have used it before and im always running into table problems and such. I cant believe how crappy it is, oh well make up your own mind, but dreamweaver is better, and easier interface............................Sincerely,Xadoflitan

dreamweaver is very good program, I havent used frontpage but theres no need when I can get everything done woth dreamweaver. I use it everyday almost. I like it for when Im too lazy to code something using notpad I just open up dreamweaver nd let it do all the work. I know its the lazy way out but it saves time.- Also another great program if you code in php is NuSphere phpEd - by far the best php editing program available. I recommend it to everything who codes in php.

I use frontpage for small updates but i like dreamweaver for staring websites and for flash, otherwise i am mostly over it. They both do the job, dreamweaver is much easier to use in my perspective, but frontpage is better if you are use too windows apps.

I use Macromedia for all my programming, and I think it's best. However, if something wrong is happening, I use to past the source code into frontpage, and then looking at the HTML code with frontpage to see what causes the bug :P

I see fontpage as a way out of coding a website. So its good for people who have no coding experince but if they do, they must be really lazy becasue it isn't that hard to code a website. Epseicaly if you have Macromedia Dreamweaver helping you!I voted dreamweaver since it rules!

Dreamweaver vs; Frontpage

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage

Replying to Steve

I used Frontpage 2000 to create a 1700 page webzine over 4 years. In November we wanted to go to CSS, which meant upgrading from FP2000. We chose to upgrade to the CS3 package. Although I like Dreamweaver, it's hard to compare the two softwares as they are two different generations of software. However, I will say that Dreamweaver has frozen or crashed more times in 6 months than Frontpage did in 4 years. (on different machines, all on XP, by the way) I don't like the fact that it is difficult to page refresh, sometimes you need to close the doc and reopemn to see what you are working on. Like the features, the work of the coders didn't impress me. I think I wish I'd upgraded the Microsoft product. (which is no longer included in Office Pro)

-reply by Tomas

It depends on your requirements... If you want a kids website up and running in a day or 2, frontpage will be the best option. Do not look for dreamweaver since it requires some sort of expertise knowledge to work on.... But if it is a professional website that you are building, Dreamweaver and related things should be your choice. So as i was telling you, it depends upon your requirements...

I would have to go for DreamWeaverI mean Front page is good until you start using Dreamweaver, I would only recommend Front page to the beginners, after all thats how I learned making websites!Once you know what you are doing in Front Page then I think its time to move to Dreamweaver and start having fun with CSS and DIVs, since Search engines such as google only like pages with CSS and DIVs

It depends on your requirements... If you want a kids website up and running in a day or 2, frontpage will be the best option. Do not look for dreamweaver since it requires some sort of expertise knowledge to work on....

Yeah, it depends on your requirements. If you want to make a kids website, Frontpage is the obvious choice. That said it all.
Dreamweaver is the obvious choice. It's not even that hard to use, for a simple website at least.

One particularly useful feature of Dreamweaver is its search function. I only just discovered this recently but found it really useful. You can actually search web files(html, php etc.) in directories. That means you can search strings through any number of html or php files simultaneously. I found this extremely useful. For those of us who arn't born with scripting brains and download php scripts, if you need to find a certain string within the folders and you're working with thousands of files, this saves you hours and hours. Dreamweavers got all sorts of great features.

Dreamweaver!Frontpage is cool, easy and nice for beginners with html, or for just web designers.But I prefer dreamweaver, because of the php/asp/js scripting support, and another importantthing is the FTP ultility in dreamweaver.Makes it allot easier to fastly update your site.Also makes the designing allot easier, easy select text, edit tables etc etc.So thats why, Dreamweaver ;)- optiplex