xisto Community
Steve

Dreamweaver Vs Frontpage Which do you prefer?

Which web developer to you prefer  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I kinda like Frontpage since it's easy to use if you know any other MS Office products. I started out using it and up to now I still do my layouts there since I find doing the tables and cells in Frontpage easier compared to Dreamweaver. Once I'm done with the layout I add the behaviors and other javascripts using Dreamweaver. Personally, I think these two softwares work best together. They don't need to be compared. :P

I think I saw this debate before...but I'll throw in my two cents. I have Dreamweaver MX on my machine and it's great! There's a lot you can do and you can integrate other Macromedia applications (Flash/Fireworks/Freehand/ColdFusion) into it to potentially make an amazing website!

My first homepage was made using frontpage express. Then I tried Dreamweaver and my life changed - It is true, that frontpage is easier to use for MS Office users, but dreamveawer has so much more to offer. And makes cleaner codes.

For those who still don't know what to choose and don't want to buy expensive programs - I recommend trying NVU - it is an open source programe, very easy to use and with nice user interface.

i like to use frontpage more cuz it is simply to use and good. Dreawaver is not so easy and you need to study it longer. Also namo webeditor is good program.

I have experienced using microsoft frontpage, macromedia dreamweaver and namo editor. In fact, namo editor is even better than frontpage. Frontpage is where everyone usually begins after knowing a thing about html code and structure. Since frontpage is available with microsoft office its there automatically so it may be easier for anyone to just pick up and learn from it. However, you will end up with more problems as your need increases and demands intensified. Table handling is also definitely a problem. Its not exactly What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) thingy for frontpage.The advantage with Dreamweaver is that you can actually code any programs there. Including php, asp, ect. It has got many more functions and tables handling are so comfortable that you feel like playing more and more. So, even though it costs your purse, at the end of the day its much more worth investing tool than the frontpage with dissatisfied results which is openly seen by dissatisfied site visitors too. So, Dreamweaver will definitely win. For newbies their level may prompt them to praise frontpage which is quite understandable.

I used frontpage like... let me see... almost 10 years ago (actually like 8) and i dont know if macromedia existed back then, but i sure didnt know it. Front page seemed the right thing, for a teenager that was entering this "internet realm".I would say:"NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE" there are just opinions. And what i think is that extreme hardcore programmers would match a combination of hand-writting code and dreamweaver, and for novices, frontpage will do the trick.Since then, i have not used frontpage again, but i guess it would look in the same line as microsoft office products, so many people would think that, as they have been using office software, it might be easier to start diving into this "internet era" and "home page building mania" with something that they are comfortable with, like a product they already know (at least the background).I searched the source code for microsoft dot com and did not find a clue for where it has been coded, like a geneartor meta tag or something. The code seemed a little bit weird, but nothing compromising (not that i know though). For me, it could have been done in notepad.But macromedia is for web, and microsoft offers a lot of things (operating system, office packages, pc gaming software, gaming hardware and games for x-box, some design software and i dont know how much things else). So keep that in mind and you would find a complex answer: I prefer both an average user would say, as it depends on the user itself what is his software of choice. Thanks... -10730

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Edited as request
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Dreamweaver MX 2004 is probably the best program I beleive ever made. It has such simple controls and if you know HTML and flasah you can design any web layout you want as long as you have a good imagination. And the unique layer sytem is just amazing. When I first doewq

Frontpage isa alsao a very good program but the fact it isa not truly flasah enabled like dreamweaver is, makes it extremly flawed.

159549[/snapback]

well of course dreamweaver is much better than frontpage. Adobe is a competition with dreamweaver. At the moment Dreamweaver is still better.

Adobe GoLive.It's kinda like macromedia's dreamweaver, but neater and whatever.All I ever need in a website program thingie, is a place where I type code in, and a place where I can see the result, I never even use its main functions or buttons, type it all out.It's got good auto-fillers, so I don't have to type the same thing for like.. ever. Plus I trust adobe a lot more than either macromedia or microsoft.

dreamweaver is better with Dreamweaver, you can create your own templates and use them to edit hundreds of pages on your website with a single mouse click.Pages created with Dreamweaver typically result in cleaner HTML code, and they look almost perfect in Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera.FrontPage is ideal for beginners since it provides so much help and tons of templates. You should switch to Dreamweaver after you become more comfortable with HTML code.

Dreamweaver is defiantly a better program. Much easier to work with a generates clean code which can be understood. I?ve used front page and personally its not even a comparison Dreamweaver is definitely better.

I'm liking Frontpage rite now...but Dreamweaver is also good....i just with Homesite would come bak...that was my fav, even tho Dreamweaver and Homesite are practically the same...but its not the same to me...:'(

i think with Dreamweaver you can manage code easybut with frontpage you can manage tables and html code easywhen i want to design website at first design in fornt page then programming in Dreamweaveryou can install/download many options for Dreamweaver with Macromedia Extension Manager but front page have not this optionevery day Macromedia desingers make one external option for Dreamweaver but for fornt page you must wait for next version