xisto Community
Steve

Laptop Choice? Help me decide between two latops?

I am not sure which one of the following Dell Laptops to get. Im not sure if I should the 700m, the light 4.1 pound, 526 MB, 60 GB laptop going for $1600 or the Dell 9900, an entertainment widescreen power house, 7.something pounds, 526 GB, 80 GB and going for $2000.So thanks, if you guys can help me choose.For a better description of each go to dell.com

steve, as said in other topics, it depends what you are going to use it for?If your lookiing for more space for HDD, then the Dell 9900 would work.But comes back to the fact that, why pay for something you won't use? :unsure: For graphics and web design then it depends really on how much you create and often you use it.Really, comes down to your needs!, Portability, Power, Speed, Connectivity? etc.

For graphics and web design then it depends really on how much you create and often you use it.

You shouldn't use laptops for graphics and design unless you can connect them up to a desktop monitor cos laptop monitors distort colours/aspects.

Thanks alot and it looks like I will be getting the 700m because of its lightness, its speed, and it probably is the btter choice because I will not be programming at all. Jus tplainly writing scripts, designing images, and working on flash. Thanks for the help. :unsure:

If you are going to by a laptop.First check the price if it is not expensive.Then the place that he have.I'm sure you are not going games on the laptop.If it just for programming it took one of $1600 and of course a good mark.(dentel)Suc6.

Dell Inspirion 9900 is a work of magic, but it is does carry a burden.Introduction the Dell Inspirion 700m. Mobile. Compact. Sleek.One major factor that the Dell Inspirion 700m has that the 9900 doesn't have is a glossy screen. Most laptops, LCD screens, etc. have a dull look. If you want that glassly looking screen, then you want the Dell Inspirion 700m...If the wide-screen of the 9900 is what is pulling you from the 700m, don't.Although it is nice to have a wide-native screen, its cons outweigh its pros. For a laptop, a thin and light is a definite. If you want a larger screen when you are at home, you can always buy a LCD Panel for very cheap these days.When you are lugging around a laptop, you will regret you got the 9900, for its weight alone. It is a hunky beast, and not suitable to mobility.The lighter the better.Esp. If you are going to use it in college. You will need mobility. You will need low-power usage, to the sacrifice of screen size.The Dell Inspirion 700m fits perfectly as a notebook would. It is small, compact, yet meanwhile durable.At the price point you have quoted, it can be twice as cheap.If you type in Dell Coupons in Google Keyword Search, you will see a list of coupons...SAVE $600 on select Inspiron? notebook purchases $1499 or more (before tax and shipping)! May not be combinable with Deals of the Week, Outrageous Deals, dollars off, percentages off, Inspiron XPS Gen II or select other promotions.Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 4000 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offers Subject to change in Dell HomeEnter Dell Computer Coupon Code: PF77BNPDPX9L2R Expires 7-20-2005Dell SAVE $750 on select Inspiron? notebook purchases $1899 or more (before tax and shipping)! May not be combinable with Deals of the Week, Outrageous Deals, dollars off, percentages off, Inspiron XPS Gen II or select other promotions.Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 4000 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offers Subject to change in Dell HomeEnter Dell Computer Coupon Code: VN0WCCCKM?NVCD Expires 7-20-2005Given that you are not stiff on a type of computer, investigate more in Apple Powerbooks if you are going to spend that much... :P

Dell is a solid make, the wide screen is great for DVD's ect.. but some programes look very strange on a wide screen monitor. Which ever one you buy remember lots of ram is important for laptops, high speed processor, and Dell offer ver good onsite engineer support. Well worth the money, nothing worse than having to send your laptop back to Dell to be fixed.