xisto Community
areawe

Mmorpg Addicts R Us.... Are You?

Hello, my name is areawe and I'm an mmorpg addict. I have always been crazy about RPGs. I was introduced into mmorpg by my sister who innocently purchased a copy of Asheron's Call over 4 years ago. Little did I know that I would be hooked for the rest of my life! :unsure: I played AC for many years and have recently switched to World of Warcraft. I'm captive! mmorpgs have changed my life. I actually moved accross the country because of a couple I met in AC and grew close to online. I have talked to many people who met online and ended up getting married in real life. How addicted are you?

I'm not crazy until I'll go over the country for it, I'll just sit on my home and running the com and playing it online.... and I also know some from my own country...

Well i meat my actual wife in mmorpg. :unsure: But must be real RPG mmorpgs, not just hack & slash. last 2 years play Neverwinter nights on RPG serwer, meybe they are not ideal mmorpg but got close. --------------------Practice is when evrything is work but no one know why.Theory is when work nothing but evry one know why.Programmers join Practice with Theory - nothing work and no one know why :P

I wouldn't say I am severly addicted on another note yes I would.I started almost 6 yrs ago with Everquest and played it until Star Wars Galaxies was released then picked it up and played both slowly drifting away from Everquest.After coming to the conclusion that Star Wars Galaxies couldn't possibly be completly run by SoE due to the massive amounts of bugs they kept constantly having I eventually left it for Everquest 2 coming along with it machine upgrades and what not.Then World of Warcraft was released and bam away went Everquest 2 don't even touch it due to the graphics and processor requirements that even after upgrading my machine weren't good enought to run the game as graphically beautiful as it should be without having severe amounts of lag.World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, and Everquest as well as a few others in between on emu servers such as Lineage 2 and free ones like Knight Online and a few others.Now I do / did spend alot of time on all of these combined let alone daily as in get up go to work come home log in eat somewhere during the time of playing get off at like 3 am shower head to bed wake up 3 hrs later and repeat.After about the first week or so of gaming my time would diminish to playing the game and I would go back to my more regular routines such as reading, playing my PS2, chatting with friends on messenger and working on graphic design/web design projects that I would have set for myself that reached the pile of ignorance beside my desk during my times of playing.So, to me I think I become initially addicted for long enough that the newness of the game wears off and that is the extent of it as I know nothing is getting done in real life and I am just delaying it.I still log in 1-6 hrs weekly on WoW and 1-2 hrs for Everquest but have long since dropped Star Wars Galaxies, and Everquest 2.Addicted maybe but seems I am able to break the addiction after a little bit of time maybe it is the repeativeness that the games offer after your in them for a while or maybe I just don't have the interest anymore.I am at the point now of deciding wether or not to sell my WoW account which holds a 60 warlock with almost a complete set of next to epic armor quality and 1 piece of his epic armor and 41 rogue who is well equiped and a few minor toons on there as well just trying out other classes. (that is another subject in itself)So, I do believe it is possible to get addicted but I also know that it is very possible to break the addiction that can come with it if you really want to.

I like mmorpgs such as Empires online. The Dark Kingdom. Factions which is now down forever. They are FSO servers incase you are wondering. FSO=first star online. You can master skills and stuff.

I like mmorpgs such as Empires online. The Dark Kingdom. Factions which is now down forever. They are FSO servers incase you are wondering. FSO=first star online. You can master skills and stuff.

165470[/snapback]

I love mmorpgs such as Empires online and The Dark Kingdom ive played both almost religiously unfortunatly thou i didnt have the time to continue with it but hopefully next summer i can start up and find a few old friends :)

I am so addicted to MMO's also. Unfortunately, my computer sucks, and the only MMO's I can run are basically Runescape (ew) and Ragnarok Online. I've basically lived my life on RO, until recently, I've done basically everything in the ragnarok World, and am bored. So... basically, Im waiting for a job for some cash... need a better computer.

I can't seam to get away from a MMO i am always lookin for a new one so i guess that means i am addicted to them (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) i can't play any stupid computer won't let me *kicks the comp.* its always crashes on me in a game (even when i can play the game) one of ma favoite MMO site is http://www.mmorpg.com/ you can find lots there XD

ive started playing online games about 3 years backi downloaded the MMO OZworld and then i was introduced to the MMOrpgRagnarok Onlineyeah, the start was cool~ i got hooked to the game, but i guess time changes everything~, many bots and such have proliferated inthe game w/c made me lost interest in playing~ive switched to other online games like khan,mu,pristontale,fairyland,skyblade and such and ive landedon ROSE online this year~im planning to get guildwars and wow since i want to get into the RPG factor in mmorpgs~and also im waiting for games like DDO and such since they offer a larger rpg factor~

I'm not addicted enough to move across the country, but I do love MMORPGsDiablo II is my only main one really... new patch is out.I've played since.. it came out really off and on, and i'm still not as good as the people that practically devote their lives to it.. lol.Diablo II Forever, or until my interest runs out.Panda

I am a MMORPG adict i have been adicted to MMORPG since i first played runescape this was not my first but my adiction got ativated in this game. Then they where so many others RPG in my live and now i have been cought up with KalOnline. When i start playing a MMORpg i dont stop till i finish all quest get the best weaponds till then i will play it 24/7 if i have too. But i have try to control myself. SO no i got to get a dosis of my daily drug. Cya around RPG?s addicts. ;):P

I used to be an addict of Ragnarok Online. I was finally jerked from my trance when I realized I was wasting my money. Well, it's not like I benefit much from it, so I stopped playing eventually. I neglected my school work and it wasn't very pretty... So I guess I rehabilitated myself, and satisfied my gaming instincts by playing an offline game. I like to play games, but I don't want to waste anymore money just to play. ;)

same as above..im an RO player before..and since it was teh first mmorpg ive played i was quite hooked to it...but sicne some of teh elements inthe game are either getting dull...or the community itself is going down..i had to stop and change to a new game...with all teh new games out..i still havent foudn some new mmorpg that i can stay in again for a long time...

Sigh. Last year in April EVE:Online claimed another victim. I'm now completely hooked on it. Even when there isn't much going on I'd sit and read the forums a bit or look at the market. If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd probably spend all my free time living in this virtual world. University starting soon and I think they block all ports bar the web browser port on the network so I should be able to get down to some studying while I'm living there.Tehn again I might try and sweet talk the network admin to unblock port 26000 so I can play EVE. I doubt it would work tough.So yeah I guess I am a MMOG addict. If your not playing one run while your still free. RUN I say!

I am the semi-addict, I love building characters, nothing could be more fun. But sadly I must stick with lower games such as Ragnarok Online (<3), maplestory, and Diablo II.Ragnarok was my first MMORPG I have played, its great but like icemarle mentioned, the game is going pretty downhill, once you reached 99 there isn't much to do, helping other people or goinging rare hunting. (I am talking about official servers ^^)Diablo II was my second MMORPG, probably most favourite MMO, I've made alot of friends on that game, nothing as great as actually moving around the country to meet them, but we still talk on MSN and whatnot. D2 lasted me a long time, until all you do is baal runs, and I slowly detached to it, I am pretty sure my characters are deleted now. @___@;