xisto Community
jmb2006

Trap17 Free Hosting

this has really p***** me off, i signed up for the hosting yesterday and since then someone whos signed up once before signed up again, hes been approved and im just here with no hosting, i mean its not fair, someone whos had hosting before gets another hosting account before someone who hasn't, and its not just me there are quite a few people who've signed up and havn't been approved, new people are signing up and getting approved and me and the rest are just getting forgotten about, wtf is going on, they havn't been deleted so they havn't been denied, they havnt been closed so they havn't been approved. i mean what, do some people get accept, some people denied and the rest just get forgotten. We deserve at least an email of some sort saying why we're in the position we are. When i first visited this site i thought the hosting was great and it is, but im seriously doubting this site now.

Keep in mind that we are all volunteers at this forum: administrators and moderators. Only administrators are able to approve hosting and they are doing as much as they can on a single visit. They first have to review all your postings and grade them accordingly. So have more patience. We have members who did not complain about hosting acceptance for 4 days and they are quiet happy here.The member, who you think applied twice and got approved, is a member who cannot understand the rules of hosting application and thus, applied again. That member was gently directed to the process step and should be alright. By the way, that member applied way before yours so it only counts as one application (not two--the second one will be ignored).As long as your application isn't deleted, consider it as in the process of being reviewed by administrators. Can you imagine reading hundreds of posts a day just to approve a hosting account? When will then administrators have time to upgrade software, fix the forum and control the bandwidth etc for hosting members? What about their personal life? What about their work?

Yeah...just have patience. There are a lot of new members these days so it's probably a whole lot harder to keep up with than like...3 months ago. Just make sure you have a bunch of good posts and you'll get your hosting in no time. Don't worry, if there are more like you then that just means there's a flood of users who are waiting to be hosted as well, and it takes time like ^^ said so just wait.

Hey, I've been denied for 'spamming'. Thats worse. Right now, I think I should have alot of points, and have enough for a website. I'm too lazy to actually sign up. :unsure: Spamming, heh, thats the weirdest reason. I still had my points! Oh well, I've been making alot of quality posts, better than Quantity. :P Remeber that, it will be useful.

well i'm almost new in web design, a month ago i got a permanent connection and i'm learning about programming dynamic web pages but i'm a litle confused in what technology is the most proper to achieve my goals and an appropriate way of use it.now i'm centering on php, javascript, mysql, and html. i'm having problems with sending status messages from php to the browser, like if the connection to the data base was successful, or if there was an error and what was it, the same thing with mail posting. i have seen message boxes with that status, and i know there is a way using javascript but i don't know how to call a js function from php, or if simply php also can send this type of message box.ok, i hope you understand my english, sleep well! :unsure:

All the webdesign controls for the site are so different from what I'm used to with other site hosts with a simple input spot for html and then a file upload thing that I haven't really done ANY work at all for my site. I'm almost kind of in awe of what's there so much that I don't want to start on it yet :unsure:

I'm sure I'll get to it eventually but for now I'm all too happy to occupy myself with the posting. When I first came here I mentioned the posting requirement didn't bother me since I love forum posting. I wasn't kidding. Matter of fact I might've stayed just for the posting if a free site wasn't included, lol :P

I'm maintaining a 12+ posts a day average so far and with all the old posts I've got a lot I can go into. You know... now that I think about it, maybe Xisto could use a games section like some forums have. https://www.godaddy.com/ had one but it's down right now for some updating and I'm not sure when it will be back up. I haven't been active on that forum for a while now for certain reasons but am still ranked 2nd in posts with nearly 1000 there :D

yeah it takes time depending on the number of people requesting and other things its usually takes 3-4 day min or at least a week so just bear with it and best thing to do is post in the forums to build your credits up.

dont take it to heart, yesterday i was adviced that i was posting alot of one liners and that this is considered spamming.i have heard from alot of friends that this is one of the most reliable web hosts and so if you are really interested in better hosting you best comply to the rules.

you will get your hosting, jut write mini-paragraphs. Like about the length of this post. You get about a day worth of points by posting at this length. It's really easy to get started, but get the seccond hosting package, it's alot better then the first. I'm sure once you have your hosting, you will be very happy with the service you get here, as long as you don't forget to stay active on the message board. There you go, have fun on the boards!B.J.AKAPsychiccyberfreak

you will get your hosting, jut write mini-paragraphs. Like about the length of this post. You get about a day worth of points by posting at this length. It's really easy to get started, but get the seccond hosting package, it's alot better then the first. I'm sure once you have your hosting, you will be very happy with the service you get here, as long as you don't forget to stay active on the message board. There you go, have fun on the boards!

B.J.

AKA

Psychiccyberfreak

159399[/snapback]

james is cool now, its all good,the last time i checked the account requests,i think i saw that his application was accepted,all good things come to those who wait,i'm just sitting it out and enjoying my stay here,once you get into the forum even if your hosting application is denied you wont feel bad as long as you're not banned,just keepyour cool READ THE TOS,post to help others and not just for credit points and as Psychiccyberfreak stated the most important rules "HAVE FUN ON THE BOARDS" remember patience is a virtue.

yeah ive got my hosting now but anyway im just sorry i bursted out like that, it would be better if this forum had the ability where users could edit or delete topics/posts they make.

160234[/snapback]

Yeah, but if they did they would abuse the privelge by posting a long spam post to get credits. Then they would delete it with no evidence left of them doing this but walk away with their credits.

well if that was possible i wouldn't be in my current situation now,i regret about my first 15 posts but there is nothing i can do about it now except hope that my apology is accepted and that i am forgiven,afterall we're only humans. :P by the bway maybe you should voice your opinion in the have your say-suugestions,maybe its a bad idea cause some users might just abuse the privaledge.