xisto Community
Cerb

Are You A Musician? If so, what do you play?

Well, for a lot of musicians, the Gold Cup festival (must be just a Texas thing) has you perform by a judge, and you only get a trophy if you get perfect scores three years straight :/

Once you get that online, shoot me a link by PM or just post it in this thread. I have a simple little site at cerb.trap17.com that logs my bass building. At the moment, I'm building a 4 string fretless.

wow Ilooked through your blog.= thingy of the bass and it looks pretty coo. But you should of made an unsual shape.. :lol:I don't play and instrument. But I *think* I'm naturally talented at playing instruments but I'm just too lazy. I use to play the clarinet but i stopped because I don't know why... ^_^ My mum's forcing me to learn the piano soon, it's a bit too late as I'm quite old.. but I guess I need a hobbie other than computers.

well, I've never done anything serious in the music line before. Apart from the occassionally plasaying with the piano, nothing more have been done on my part on music.

i play the guitar (electric or acousitc) and so i can also play the bass too... (if u can play guitar, u can play bass... its a given) i write my own music too and record it myself too... its not the best quality and i dont really have that many songs (complete anyway)... but its good enough... B) music rules and without it, idk what id do...I LOVE MY GUITAR... its only a squier by fender strat... not much but it plays well and i like it... it has sentimental value now... lol i used to play clarinet and used to be great with it but i quit... id like to learn the piano cause they sound sooo sweet... but using all my fingers is just weird... lol

i love all instuments. as cerb knows i play the guitar and i am beggining a piano.cerb also knows once you figure out the basics of music you can pick up on any instrument easily.i don't find that one instument is better than any other but the people who are playing them really do give it its rep. fro ex. WANKERS these are guitarist who like to play random notes really fast to try and amuse or discourage other musicians around them.i play guitar but i refuse to be a *BLEEP*. wankers give guitarists bad names. i am sure cerb can agree with me on this also.

Yes - performed professionally for quite some time (i.e. - too long) in bands, duos, and as a single act. Main instrument(s) was voice/guitar, though I also played bass and keys. I'll leave it at that since I'm not getting any hosting points here.... :lol:

I am a bassist, I haven't taken any professional lessons from taking them from tomorrow, I've been playing for a couple of months.And till now I have even been able to pull-off some RHCP songs, so no one really calls me a beginner, my friends say I am raw talent which can be carved with professional lessons... :lol:I just used tablatures and sites like ActiveBass.com for now, for scales, tunings, techniques and all.And I agree to someone up there, finally someone gets it that the bass is important, tell that to the guitarists, they never agree. XD

Till now I've been playing the piano and I'm probably going to stick with it for some reason. And I think being a musician helps you develop more on you mind and imagination

I taught myself to play piano and read music at the age of 9. After that I took up lots of other instruments. I've played piano, organ, trumpet, guitar, and lots of other instruments in bands or groups before. Right now music is just a hobby though. I just play a little guitar and piano.