xisto Community
Cerb

Are You A Musician? If so, what do you play?

The topic description pretty much says it all. If you are a musician, what do you play?

I. myself, am a bassist. I play primarily 4 string, but can play upwards of 7. My preference when it comes to fingerboards is unlined fretless. At the moment I am playing a decent enough ESP to hold me over until I finish building the bass I'm currently working on (you can see that Here.)

I may not play an instrument, but i do make my own music. I usually make Drum and Bass music, or techno. Sometimes i make rock songs, with a mixture of other genres.

Contrary to what most believe, there is certainly nothing wrong with electronic music... as long as it sounds good, that is :unsure:.My only dislike for electronic music is the lack of depth that a lot of it has. Certain techniques and sounds cannot be portrayed through a computer.

yeah, I guess, it's just that I do my band's mixing, so I have a mixing library on my site with stuff you can download. I like the first concept design you had on your site, but wow, it looks really good. I like mostly punk, a little emo, and some ska.

I play the guitar, i have been for the last 3 years, i have 3 gibson les pauls (includes zack wylde camo custom) and a ibanez sa260fm and a fender american strat....if any would like to talk about guitars please add me on msn if you have it,..curthard89@hotmail.com. Guitars are a fundimental part of my life as i am in a band and will rock my heart out for the rest of my life.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Post count or no count you may not copy your own reply from one post to another. This post is identical to http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9672-guitar-who-plays-it/page-2#entry159888. Read the posting rules. You are getting a warning for this.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Im a self taught drummer, and been playing for four years. Although the last time I actually played was four months ago at a concert with my band. What we played sucked because we had no bassist. Its a long story, but we fired our old bassist before the concert and got a new one. When concert day arrived he chickened out and we had to go on without him. Now for those who are not in a band, playing without a bassist is like going commando, you always feel somethings missing!

...What we played sucked because we had no bassist...playing without a bassist is like going commando, you always feel somethings missing!

163270[/snapback]

Someone finally understands! Try telling that to a guitarist, though :D.

In the past I've played:pianotimpaniclarinetsaxophoneguitarI still have my guitars (Fender Telecaster and Epiphone acoustic) but don't play them anymore as I devote most of music energies to DJing so now my instruments are 2 x 1210s and an old Numark CD deck setup.

I'm a pianist and have been for about 6 or 7 years (I started late :/) and I also sing. I've been wanted to learn the guitar but I haven't gotten past C. The acoustic we have at home is pretty old and out of tune and my brother's rarely home with his. It's probably not my thing anyway, but it'd be nice to learn :/I also play trombone in the marching band, but I'm not especially good with it. I just grasp rhythm easily enough to keep me in a not too sucky chair.

No , I am not a musician but in our family are most people that plays a instrument.I don't.The instruments are arabic , they use it for musicals.For Big concerts.But I don't.I am a computer freak.That is better than to play a instrument :D .

Yep, I play piano. I'm on grade 3 at the moment, about to go on to grade 4 :DI used to play the recorder, but I got bored of it. Piano is much better!I've wanted to play guitar or drums for ages, my mum is always like 'NO' :(I still enjoy piano though...

Grades must be a European thing. We don't really have grades in America. In a way, I wish we did, since it would keep learning and progress under control and organized. On the other hand, I'm glad we don't, as a lot of people get that elitist attitude when it comes to playing instruments and being "better" than someone else. Grades can hint at a good player, but I've seen people in a lower grade tear someone in a higher grade a new one on more than one occasion.