xisto Community
atoz

Website Copier

Hi. I totaly agree with this cpying programs. Are usefull in many ways. Ofline browsing is good when your have dial-up and have internet based traffic. Shiet you only here about this in Romania :) does anyone have this kind of services ? I men buy the traffic that you make... blahh. i think is crap, but what shuold i do if this is the only service that i can get on my salary :DAnyho ... I'v come up with one site that has protective software that whon't let you copy their site with this kind of programs.. i think this is that they have many visitors and have a lot of trafic on them, because has interesting material on it.So, guys there is any way that we can cheat this with this kind of programs ?How? there are special ways to make this ?

I has never use that 2 program is it good?As now i use only Teleport Pro It is pretty one. It is download every webpage in site as i want. Hmm ok I will try that two program if it good may be i will change to use it hehehe. :)

Why did people invent this thing in the first place? was there some other purpose rather than copy some other folks website?

wow! i downloaded WinHttrack and now i can learn plenty of tutorials without connecting online. i'm on a dial-up connection and i running out of prepaid internet account so this thing is really a BIg help.  and I am updating a website which I have not back-up, and i dont have to re-encode everything. :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then I will be thinking of downloading the softs myself cos I really need something like that. If i can just read anything I want to read in websites without having to visity the websites, That will be real gr8.

And does anyone here know whether these softf can download the databases and php codes of websites?

That will be real kool if they can do that. Will be of much help to me.

;) there is really no reason for it all it does is save the page to your HD but everyone can already do that even if you don't have DSL or cable there is no reason. only thing I can think of is if you wanted to take somebodys site and change something with it, but still.........

I dont understand why it can be useful, since now most people have got an unlimited internet connexion with DSL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not exactly... in some countries like Australia many people still uses dial-up connection.

And it's faster to access the webpage when it's downloaded to your harddisk!

;)  there is really no reason for it all it does is save the page to your HD but everyone can already do that even if you don't have DSL or cable there is no reason. only thing I can think of is if you wanted to take somebodys site and change something with it, but still.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See... you can browse the website offline by downloading it right?

You can download it to your laptop and surf your favourite websites offline!

MOzilla fire fox comes with a free website copier. I just used it to back up my old site on hostultra so I could but it here. It worked pefectly and didn't mess up the PHP stuff. I was suprsied beacsu most of the time when I tried to backup my websites with other programs it didn't work and it messed up the PHP thing and the content got stuck to the page.

There is a slight problem, and it was even mentioned by someone. O tried downloading a whole section about pl/sql from techonthenet sites, and used teleport pro for it. Teleport pro is great, and i've used it many times before. But this time there was another problem - not the app itself.Normal website copiers work like this - they get a page, scan for links, and get sites that are linked, including images and everything else. Where the problem lies? The problem is that the problem generates http calls very fast and frequent. And a server that you receive from notices it! So one can think that it's a DOS attack (very fast and frequent calls to server to load it up fully), and cuts off the IP address that the calls from.That happened to me on techonthenet ;) So be carefull about it...

i totally dun understand why u guys need it...and what does the copy used for....?i mean do u guys copy other ppl site ...then just modified partly and upload it ...and show ppl it is yr works???yea ....i know ppl will properly say...we copy it just for learning other sites...but i sure there are lot of tutorials and free public script examples in the net...i dunno.... there are always thousands of excuse for those...but i just simply mean i dun suggest ppl copy others ppl sites...even for learning ...or modifying for his own goods...hope some ppl who works hard on their site one by one agreed what i thinks...