xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Dimension

Weird And Scariest Dreams what were yours like?

I thought this topic would be fun. I have some weird dreams and i'd like to share them.My first weird dream is one i get CONSTANTLY. I have a "dream" that i open my eyes and i see my room (duh) but the weird thing is im lying down but i cant get up. At first i was like "Maybe im just too tired?" but then i noticed i couldnt speak. I started to wonder if it was a dream but EVERYTHING looked so real, everything was EXACTLY where it was supposed to be especially a hole in my wall. So that's when i really get freaked out and i start to use all of my might to get up to no effect, and then all of a sudden i cant breathe, like if i was being choked to death cuz i could feel hands around my neck. Then i wake up sitting straight up catching my breathe, only, i dont know why i needed to catch my breathe if there was nothing choking me... :unsure:One of my scary dreams was a while ago, i dreamed that i was about to bed when all of a sudden the Twilight Zone theme song came out (yeah i know its funny but to me it was creepy) and i felt hands pushing on my sides trying to roll me off of the bed and the theme to TLZ kept playing louder and louder and then i start seeing these little spiders starting to come out of my chest and i was like "OMG!" and i woke up friggin yelling my lungs out.Thats it, oh and one thing id like to add, isnt it funny that we always "play along" in dreams and hardly ever stop and realize "hey, im in a dream, i could do whatever i want!!!"? :D Trust me you'll enjoy it, i got to be NEO from matrix and fly all over the city and fight a giant squid. Man im weird... :D

2 of the dreams I have constantly have are:

I am lying in bed and everytime I move the ceiling comes closer untill it squashes me. There's loads of laughing in the background and it's kind of scary.

The other one is, and this is really scary, is that Death, you know - the Grim Reaper, is just standing there next to my bumk, so that he is at perfect eye level, about 1cm away from my face and then he say's really random things like 'what are you looking at' and 'do you want toast?' I know, it's so weird. I think I saw it on a program once and it's kinda stuch with me.

The last one which is the one I hate most is where I leave my little brother behind for these wolves. Suddenly these wolves come out and we all jump in the car and drive off and then we sudenly say "Where's Jamie?" Then we turn around and he's being attacked by wolves and its just so horrible. You wake up and your suddenly being really nice to him.

Where there we go! There's nothing there which a phyciatrist won't here in a few nmonths. Just joking. Thank you.

I never remember my dreams anymore. Maybe once a month, but that's it. And when I do remember a dream, the dream has something to relate to something huge that's happened in my life. For example, the last dream I had was that my ex and I got back together, this dream occured two days after we broke up.A few years ago, I used to have the same dream every night for a few months in a row. The only part of the dream that I ever remembered was that I was falling in the middle of a canyon, and I always woke up a few feet from the ground. When I woke up it was an adrenaline rush: my heart was beating as fast as it could, I was sweaty, and too awake.I don't remember any of my nightmares, I've had too many scary experience in my life, nothing really phases me in the scary or frightened area.. Maybe I'll post a thread about it, but it's pretty bad >.<

oooh i got a weird dream for you all it happen the night of the big earthquake/tsunami last year,i was in a church on xmas eve, it was like a mideval type of church made completely of stone with candles around to lighten up the place. well anyways. i was praying in front of a picture and then i looked up to the picture and for some strange reason the image diseappered. then an earthquake happen, then the chruch slpit into 2 and fire erupted all over the place as the wall came crashing down i woke up wiht sweat on my face. Then the earthquake/tsunami happen and i was woooah!!!!!now that weird scary and nutz and talk about crazy too.my next dream i had and mind you i was like 3 or 4 when this dream happen. and i still remember it too. i was sleeping in the basement of my old house that i was in some place same time. anyways i dreamt that i was surround by fire and screaming to the tops of my lungs to get out of course then i woke up screaming still about it.and my favorite one falling like a safe and before hitting the ground you wake up. of course their is a thoery about that dream, that if you have and don't wake up you just had a heart attack. thats what i was told can anyone verify that one?

Hi, To be honest my dreams are a little strange. I only ever get nightmares when I have the flu or something, and that is not very often. It's the fact that I can't really remember the dream atall which is the worse point, because when can remember the dream then you can make sense of it, when you don't know what it was and you can only remember certain parts then it makes it really wierd. Mine is always something like a space rocket taking off, with all the wall around me getting further away and then shooting up close and a weird substance on the floor. It's all so weird and I can not remember what it is, but at the same time I know what it was like, I just can't describe it. It's really weird and quite scary to be honest. Thanks - Sean Webber (alive).

Soul Dimension I remember hearing about that type of dream, it's actually called something, but I don't remember what it's called. Apparently, you can eat or drink something, that makes you get those dreams. The "Spaceman" also said, the first few times you get those, you can't go anywhere, but if you "practise". then you can start going farhter distances, even to the point where you can travel the whole earth, and then travel into space, to other planets. I know it's pretty weird. I think I had one of those once, but I could just hover, not fly yet. Unfortunately, I never got another one.I once had this dream, where I was walking with a few of my friends to countrystyle, which was beside a main intersection, and there were no cars, no lights, nothing, just me and my friends. So we start walking back, and we were passing a public high school . Then all of a sudden we see 2 police pop up and we all start booking it. I don't know why. I got shot right in the head, but didn't die. I starting around around some other place, and was showing my other friends, and they're like, ya well too bad, I can't feel sorry for you, that's life. You should see my life, it's even worse then yours. When I have a hole going through the center of my head. :P I usually have weird dreams without meaning B)O yeah and I usually have dreams about tornadoes, their pretty scary dreams.Nice 100th post B)

Thats it, oh and one thing id like to add, isnt it funny that we always "play along" in dreams and hardly ever stop and realize "hey, im in a dream, i could do whatever i want!!!"? :P Trust me you'll enjoy it, i got to be NEO from matrix and fly all over the city and fight a giant squid. Man im weird... :D

That is so true, sometimes i know its a dream and i wana do something in the dream that makes me happy like hey rule the world LOL.. why doesnt that ever happen? Wish we could control our dreams once in awhile. then ill go shopping as much as i can LOL cause ill be totally rich in my dream hahah. Being famous in a dream without haters how cool would that be lol :D

My first weird dream is one i get CONSTANTLY. I have a "dream" that i open my eyes and i see my room (duh) but the weird thing is im lying down but i cant get up. At first i was like "Maybe im just too tired?" but then i noticed i couldnt speak. I started to wonder if it was a dream but EVERYTHING looked so real, everything was EXACTLY where it was supposed to be especially a hole in my wall. So that's when i really get freaked out and i start to use all of my might to get up to no effect, and then all of a sudden i cant breathe, like if i was being choked to death cuz i could feel hands around my neck. Then i wake up sitting straight up catching my breathe, only, i dont know why i needed to catch my breathe if there was nothing choking me...

Soul Dimension: there are three possibilities about these dreams. One is the ghostly or magical theory as sunster13 touched on, the theory, if you believe it, suggests that at these times your soul or spirit has detached from your body and is now in the astral planes, this is perfectly safe i might add and very natural so if you believe this then dont be scared, the reason you cant breathe perhaps is either because you haven't "learned to breathe" in this new place or you have actually stopped breathing and you can feel this and so wake up. As sunster said with practice you can use this Astral Projection technique to travel places, the reason your room looks the same is because in the astral realms things are largely controlled by thought and as you see, and therefore think, about your room a lot it looks the same as it does in this realm, if you could travel out of your room into the street you might realise things that are missing or very faint as they receive little attention. f curse this theory is only a theory and isnt scientifically proven however many people claim to have experienced this, I have tried but not very hard and i didnt succeed but its worth reading up on, it can be called "astral projection" or something similar and you will find out techniques to try etc... again its perfectly safe, it cant kill you and is very natural and not evil or anything else, if you manage to control this you might notice a cord or something connecting you to your body laying comfortably in bed and this is again natural and is said to be what "ties" you to your body.

Another possibility is its just a dream and that you feel helpless or trapped in life and this is why you're unable to move, you could also feel like you're being suffocated by stress or other tasks you need to complete in waking life, if this is the case and you do feel this way try to solve these issues by thinking abut them and then putting them aside, or by dealing with the task or situation.

the last possibility is slightly scarier but i must tell you that this is fairly common and it wont kill you or harm you as you will ALWAYS wake up before you die.. unless you're already dead.. but then you wouldnt be feeling any of this. It's scientifically proven and i think its called sleep apnea and a wiki about it is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

The basis of this condition is that you have pauses in your breathing during sleep and this could explain the feeling of being strangled according to theory two of this experienced being a dream and the pauses in breathing are translated to the feeling of not being able to breathe in the dream.

Sleep apnea also relates to another condition, sleep paralysis, when we sleep our brains paralyse our non-essential muscles, otherwise we would run about and i think this is why sleepwalkers have their condition, because their brain doesn't fully paralyse them. Now some people can wake up in the night but their brain doesnt "unparalse" their body, so you would lay in bed not being able to move but being completely awake, it can be very scary i hear and there inst much you can do about it until your brain kicks in. Of course you could easily see this a dream because its not normal but in fact you could be wide awake. Again this is common and im sure can be treated somewhere, the best thing to do if this happens again is simply to relax, it might be hard im sure but just remember its fairly common and it wont kill you, even if you cant breathe your brain WILL make you breathe again, its like holding your breath, eventually your brain makes you breathe again. As for the paralysis the brain will kick in eventually and i would imagine relaxing would help with this. You could also try relaxing then convincing yourself you can move as this might affect your brain but until your brain "wakes up" there isnt much you can do but this wiki has a few suggestions and a good description http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

DISCLAIMER: :D I learnt this from A level psychology so its not a definitive look at these things and i could easily be wrong, if it worries you then go to your doctor and describe these things, s/he can then give advice on what to do next. Always read up on these things as knowing whats going on can really help overcome it and to reduce the fear and stress it causes

I am lying in bed and everytime I move the ceiling comes closer untill it squashes me. There's loads of laughing in the background and it's kind of scary.

This is interesting! The fact you say that its whenever you move that the ceiling gets closer suggests that you might feel in waking life that whatever you do makes things worse or somehow traps you. the laughing is a bit weird but it could mean that you feel trapped and as things are getting worse no-one seems to care. Im most likely completely wrong because as i said this is from two years of psychology of which only about 3 weeks was devoted to dreams. But if you do feel pressured in life, pressured into things or by stress then try to resolve the situations or talk to someone about them and it could help end the dream. Or in waking life constantly tell yourself that you control your dreams and with any luck one day you'll take control of it and put the ceiling back where it should be!

The last one which is the one I hate most is where I leave my little brother behind for these wolves. Suddenly these wolves come out and we all jump in the car and drive off and then we sudenly say "Where's Jamie?" Then we turn around and he's being attacked by wolves and its just so horrible. You wake up and your suddenly being really nice to him.

Again another one i think there is meaning behind! Do you feel like your brother is in threat? Eg bullying, stress r anything else really? If so that could be why you dream abut this, just resolve your fears for his safety, if there are any, by talking to him or something and it should go away!

Again i could be, and most likely am, totally wrong but theyre suggestions! The reason i think there is a meaning behind them is because they are reoccurring, any reoccurring dream is usually symbolic of a fear, stress, or situation in waking life.

I had a reoccurring dream theme that i had every night for years, i wont divulge the details but once i realized what it meant i haven't had it since! :P

I've had dreams before where I was fully aware it was a dream, but at the time I didn't think to investigate how much control I had. I just forced myself to wake, which eventually I did. :PMy scariest dream was this one where I am in my room at night (almost like I'm awake), and I see a shadowed figure coming at me so I run out of my room and down the stairs. Then when I get downstairs and am about to run into the kitchen, I fall down (this dream was recurring and every time this would happen) and start getting dragged by the feet into my basement. But, when the door opened, it wasn't my basement, it was some sort of strange dark purplish place. Then I wake up. Thinking back, it seems more psychologically scary than gory or anything.

I have dreams now and them that seem to repeat or are similar/ continue from previous dreams in a way. The frist kind is really messed up I dont know how it starts but everything just seems to go bad and then I start losing my teeth like wtf. First one falls out then another its like my gums just rot away or somethiing and I cant stop it. When I'm totally scared out of my pants I waked up and the dream ends. My teeth are all there and I make sure I dont forget to brush it asap.The second type is another messed up one. I'm alone by myself doing w/e I do then all of a sudden things and I mean all kinds of things, people, monsters, robots and all types crap come after me attacking me trying to kill me. I am able to fend them off and beat a few but theres just too much so I end up having to flee. They dont stop coming so there isnt much I can do I'm overwhelmed and can only do so much by myself. Again I'm freaked out through out the whole time, I have to run across everything you name it, jumping over what ever I have to. I do realize I have some un natural powers but it still aint enough to make a stand. I shoot out energy blast and all that like Dragon ball Z, Hell I can even fly lol but its not enough they keep coming. Eventually when I realize this cant be for real I wake up and I think damn I should of done more cooler stuff.The last kind that kinda repeats is I always have this dream where I meet a girl somewhere and shes alone. She is incredibly hot of course exactly my type in every way. I cant get over how beautiful she is and why shes alone just sitting there by herself. I keep checking her out just to see if I can find out any more about her but not trying to make it too obvious. I know I should just go and talk to her but damn I never have the guts shes too intimidating. Something happens its either time for her or me to go our seperate way. Just as we are parting we meet eyes and she smiles as if she knows me and I smile back as if I know her. The face isnt fimilar its too blury for me to make out who it is but I got this gut feeling I know her from somewhere. But its already too late, Shes already gone on the next bus and I'm only seeing her through the window or its the other way around Im on the bus and she's gotten off it. I wanna just jump through the window or chase after the bus at this stage and go talk to her find out who she is but I know its impossible and I dont want to embarrass myself infront of all these people who would obviously stare if that happen. Of course I realise its a dream and wake up annoyed like usual.

omg i had that

Weird And Scariest Dreams

Replying to Soul Dimensionomg I have had that dream to before where I can see every thing as if I'm up then I try to force myself to get up but I cant. Or try to talk but my voice wont even squel.Or I try to open my eyes more or force them to stay open but I cant.Its like I'm up but my body is going through a weird faze.Then I wake up like wth lol.But I have alot of crazy dreams I think that they are trying to tell me something but I don't kno what thier trying to tell me.Like during spring break I slept over my friend house and we both go to the same dance school in our dream we both was danceing with our classmates.We were freaked out we had the same dream.Then last night I had a dream that my friend kept tryna to shoot something near a house.And I had to like eat a snake or a worm or maby some type of reptile.I put it in my mouth and a snake came out through my nose and like the head came out my mouth.Then when I woke up I had the same taste in my mouth from me eating the snake.

-reply by ash3cash

ive had the same dream as you >.<

Replying to sonesay

I also lost my teeth in a dream and they were rotting and falling out, my skin was falling off too and I could see the muscle under my face (I was looking in a mirror) it was really creepy, when I woke up I checked if I still had my teeth and face lol.

-reply by ellie

In my weirdest dream, I was in the basement with my family. I had to go to the bathroom, so I went to the one downstairs. I saw my mom coming down the steps. I checked back in the basement. I did this three or four times. Then I decided to go upstairs and saw my mom on the next flight of stairs. Then I saw her in the upstairs bathroom, sitting on the bathtub. I asked the one on the steps, "Who is that in the bathroom?" She said "My twin sister." I said "You don't have a twin sister..." Then, I woke up, and had to pee. o.OScariest? I had first saw a person with mental retardation, and got extremely scared. Later that day, when I went to bed, I was still scared. That night, I had a dream about one coming into my classroom and touching me and my friends. I was freaking out so badly. In the same dream, the night before, I was enjoying candy with some friends. But, yeah, I was terrified when I went to school the next day [real day]. I have had many other crazy dreams that I would rather explain by speaking, instead of typing, so just PM me later or something if you want to know about another dream of mine. :]

i have this dream that i dreamed for like a dozen times... I was standing at the rooftop of our university and then I started to jump like those horror movies wherein a person commits suicide? I was kinda freaked out cause I kept on dreaming about it on consecutive days..

ive had the same dream as you >.<

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/24059-weird-and-scariest-dreams-what-were-yours-like/ to sonesay</a>

I also lost my teeth in a dream and they were rotting and falling out, my skin was falling off too and I could see the muscle under my face (I was looking in a mirror) it was really creepy, when I woke up I checked if I still had my teeth and face lol.

-reply by ellie

i had a dream like that once and my dad told me to bite something hard that is made of wood.. cause that dream means that someone in your family will die..