xisto Community
TeamOuT

Whats Your Favourite Rts Game? favourite rts game.

Despite my name (total coincidence, I've had it since before I knew the C&C names existed @_@), I would have to say Starcraft. The way blizz makes the three races so vastly different while keeping them perfectly balaced makes for exciting matches that aren't very frustrating. The sheer amount of micromanagement and macromanagement one needs to compete is also far more than any other RTS I've heard of, which can really show the divide between those who are good and those who aren't, and creates a nice competitive environment.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Edited by RedAlert (see edit history)

OK my most favorite real time strategy game is of course. Command and Conquer generals. Which in fact provides many hours of fun on very different official and unofficial maps.No one who did not tried this game can say anything against it it is far from perfect but it was the best game in this genre long after its initial release. And there are new games who are comming which will be probably better but generals will stay. And resist ;)

my favorite RTS games are a few of the command & conquer series- command & conquer generals- command & conquer generals zero hour- command & conquer 3 tiberian wars kane editionand the Starcraft with his expansion Starcraft Broodwarsthose aren't the only ones that i love to play, but the others' name i can't quite remember ^^

my favorite RTS games are a few of the command & conquer series- command & conquer generals
- command & conquer generals zero hour
- command & conquer 3 tiberian wars kane edition
and the Starcraft with his expansion Starcraft Broodwars

those aren't the only ones that i love to play, but the others' name i can't quite remember ^^

You seem like command and conquer freak.

Not that I am saying that that is bad thing I myself am playing them even now but still it is nice to see that there are also others in the world.

You seem like command and conquer freak.
Not that I am saying that that is bad thing I myself am playing them even now but still it is nice to see that there are also others in the world.

Hi Hitmanblood!

I´m a command & conquer fan since it´s first version, you may well say I´m a freak, but I just love the game!! I think it is The Best RTS Ever! Well I might say that I am very fond of Age of Empires too, all the 3 of them. But C&C is like playing chess with a very good opponent, it defies me to the max!!!

I spent like 2 hours a day playing the last version of it, the Tiberium Wars Kane edition, which for me is the best ever.

The thing with this version is that you really need most of the units available, and the computer opponent is kinda intelligent too.

And only to mention the Mammoth Tank is the best!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

I also love the Command and Conquer series: they really are brilliant, but my favourite is still Generals.I also love all of the Age of Empires series, but at the moment Company of Heroes is absolutely fantastic! Alongside the Warhammer series there are really great fun to play, which in RTS is far more important then graphics: however, Company of Heroes has high quality grapics and the realism of physics for AOE 3 and Company of Heroes is really quite incredible.

Generals? *spits in disgust*I like all the C&C series except Generals, since it ruins the whole story line thingy, no soviet army, no tiberium ruins the whole thing. Yep EA i'm talking to you.Ok other than the C&C series (except generals) I like the Dawn of War seriesand although it barely runs on my computer Supreme commander, I just love the aaa vs bbb battles, hundreds, sometimes thousands of units. More like a movie than the game when played properly expecially that artillery piece that took me7 hours to build.Any other rts games? let me thinkAhh the total annihilation game created by the same person that created SupCom, one of the best games.Company of Heroes didn't appeal to me that much because it just didn't seem you know battle-y enough to slow.

My favorites would be Age Of Mythology(played it for 4 years in LAN with my friends, we really studied it to the last detail- knew every shortcut,every units strength or weakness...if only i put so much effort into something else i would have been millionaire probably) and today we play Company Of Heroes with the same passion(we are students right now and many times instead going to the lectures we stay home and play it for hours)

It has to be for me....

Act of War

First installment was Direct action....god the fmv and sotryline was amazing..kept you hooked until the very end...

Second installment though was rushed and was crap but the idea was there...it was only a addon and is more of a online addon than a single player mode.

Spellforce 2

Shadow Wars - campaign was awsome, and it was great online.

Dragon Storm - campaign is getting good, i havent finished it yet, but its pretty good and worthwhile getting it has a element of neverwinters nights in it but plays as command and conquer style....very complex but enjoyable.

It'd have to be StarCraft.StarCraft was the first game I've ever played non stop on PC.I've gone through so many CD's since 1999 because of all the time my parents would want me to get off and then I wouldn't and got an attitude.I personally don't like Melee.I usually play UMS maps.

I really like Lord of The Ring Battle For Middle Earth I, in short: LoTR BFME I. I and almost all of the BFME I players prefer BFME I over BFME II, which is why BFME I still has a very active community.

You can find the official ladder on this page: Official BFME I ladder Site and the official strategies and replay site here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

My nickname is called: Topalov, currently ranked 17th from all the 230,000 players [once i was ranked 6th]. My favourite faction to play with is Gondor. Any other guys, playing BFME ??

Starcraft: Broodwar (In sovjet russia, cannon rushes YOU)(<- that pretty much explains my usual strategy :))Dawn of War + expansions (I used to be quite good at this game)Age of Empires 2Tiberian SunIn that order.

Edited by komigen (see edit history)

Wow. There's definitely a small list for me. :) - Command and Conquer: Red Alert- Command and Conquer: Generals (with Zero Hour expansion pack)- Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars- Act of War