xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Real Frankenstein! Boffins Discover Bringing Back the Dead

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
looks like stuff from the twilight zone... now dogs, next humans. didnt occur to me this can happen in my lifetime, but here it is. whew! what's your take on this?

Wow this is truly incredible. I never thought something like this would be possible for at least a couple of decades more. I think this could really help people out, I cant think of anything bad being made out of this technology yet.

yeah this isn't the sci0fi channel don't be doing stuff that should not be done hmmm RISE FROM THE GRAVE (name that video game)

Playing god? Do you know of any god that replaces the blood of dogs with a saline solution in order to preserve its tissues until it is revived at a later time? Because I've read quite a bit about different religions and it seems that most gods do not do this sort of thing.Perhaps this is just a valuable medical discovery which will save countless human lives. I mean, that's possible, right?

I do not think this thing is new. I have watched long ago a show on television, although I am not sure if it was Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Rescue 911 or a show on Discovery chanel, and it was about a person whom doctors had conducted a surgery or operation on his/her heart, and they remove the blood from the patient's body. they performed the operation and returned the blood back to the body after the operation.

was the patient pronounced clinically dead from the one you saw on tv? and the patient injected with saline solution? that doesn't seem to be the current practice with surgery. i believe they do drain blood in cases of heart surgery, but they drain blood and fluids from the chest cavity only. in heart transplants, the patient is hooked to a heart lung bypass machine, which will put oxygen into your blood and pump it through the body while heart surgery is being undertaken. needless to say, the patient on the operating table undergoing heart surgery is not yet clinically dead. :rolleyes:

well i see, this is good and bad; good because the "zombie" family would be in some way glad that they still have their integrant, but bad because then no one would be able to die and the population in earth would be critical do you know what i mean? like in china that they are very much people =S so if no ones dies... were OWNED

Well none of us really know what is going to result from an expiriment like this, but if science is finding ways to sustain life and effectively create zombies, then I can safely say without doubt that Science is blurring the line between fantasy and reality.Hmm... "Blurring the line between fantasy and reality"... that gives me an idea!

First of all, that case in which the blood was drained from the patient's body was to operate on a bloated vein in the patient's brain. In order to keep the vein from bursting during the operation, they cooled his body to a certain temperature at which his body functions slowed down (the brain can normally survive only a few minutes without blood before perminant damage occurs; when cooled as was done, it can last over an hour), and then they drained all the blood and performed the operation, returning the blood when it was complete (they did NOT pump him full of any saline solutions).

Second, I can't help but wonder if this news.com.au thing is a hoax; look at their archive of other articles:

Man 'glued to the dunny'Carnivorous lizard found in toilet
Volcanoes are our friend
House comes with free bride
Centre of our universe sucks
Red the world's richest cat
Fly-for free offer is a gamble
Hotel owner fears pub with no beer
Yoga trims weight ... from your wallet
Women find computer games 'big turn-on'

Plus, there are no other major news websites covering this; just a bunch of obscure websites and forums basically ripping off or linking to this article; something this big definately would be all across the major news websites by now.

(Smiles at the sensbility Stastis has used)

Stastis, although I would usually say a person who posted this kind of thing that they were wrong, you have supplied too much evidence that this is, in fact, another deliberate hoax. Science has been unable to create such a possibilty as of yet. (And one of the biggest questions we ask is, will they ever? B) )

This just goes to show that you can't believe everything that you read (even if it is in the news - media DOES lie, sorry to say). You should think about the story that you are about to post is plausible before you post it.

But while we're on this matter, what do you think life'd be like if all this HAD been true?

I think that it is really amazing that humans can bring dead creatures back 2 life themselves.This is the starting of a new era where science,technology and human can work hand in hand to achive something big and useful.Its great that what had not been possible until yesterday could be achieved and it really shows that humans' knowledge and abilities have grown to a wide range and we should really be proud of that.And finally in my opinion I think this new discovery will help improve our knowledge of science and that nobody is playing God.-reply by Ella