xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

Major Internet Problems, Would Appreciate Help!

I've finally got my website up and running only now I'm having so many problems online that I'm thinking about chucking in the towel.... I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some ideas on what could be the cause of my probs with some simple solutions...

I'm having problems accessing many pages, my browser seems sluggish.... posting on this site has been a problem, getting "page unable to be displayed" , but if I press refresh, it then accepts my post..... I can't get into my cpanel at all....

in an effort to solve these problems, I decided to wipe everything this morning and reinstall the master cd.... then I installed my dialup ISP, (using CD), seemed to install OK, until it loaded to the internet, when it then wouldn't load up my ISP homepage.... it just crashed....

I've since managed to get the homepage but it's taken many attempts....

I went into Windows Update to install critical updates.... it wouldn't install any of the securiy updates... I tried many times....

I tried to get into TRAP 17, buy it just wouldn't upload up the pages.... just seemed to get stuck.....

However, and this is the puzzling thing, I managed to upload Google pages and Yahoo pages without any problems at all....

I only managed to get into TRAP 17 because I checked my mail at Yahoo and had a PM for this site and clicked on the link and it loaded OK....

I've no idea what's going on ..... is it a fault with my ISP or is a browser issue or is it my system that's the problem ???

I posted about this issue the other day, (when my problems had just started), and somebody suggested it could be my browser and I should download firefox or something similar..... thing is I don't know for sure that it is the browser that's the problem plus, how do I do it..... will it affect my ISP, do I have to let them know.... generally haven't a clue....one thing I do know is that I don't want to make things worse by my lack of knowledge....

I'm fairly PC illiterate so if anybody has any ideas could you keep it really simple for me.

I've sent my ISP an email outlining the problems I'm having, but generally, they're pretty bloody useless, so I'm not holding my breath that they'll be able to help.....

I'm hoping you guys will be of more support.....

God, this is a novel ..... sorry, I'm just trying to give you the full picture.... if anyone does have any ideas, maybe it would be better to email me as I don't know if I'll manage to access the boards again....

HELP!!

Cheerie..... ~M~

hi Milovoriel,I suppose the problem is either with your PC or your ISP. Since you have reinstalled everything on your PC afresh and still the problem exists can mean only one thing.. ur ISP. How is the connection speed, what connection are you using.. I assume it has to be dial up but since the new look of Xisto, even a decent dial up should load the page before timing out... Try accessing from a PC elsewhere, if it is fine then you can be sure about problem with your net connection. Now try using your dial up connection from a friend's place or somewhere else, if it is fine now too then it might be a problem with your phone line or the wire from your PC modem to the phone. These are a few basic checks that I could suggest. else consult someone better acquainted person around you for help...Cheers.

hehe, I actually had the same exact problem. The most common problem is that there is no compatability with service pack two. Try downloading the install package on a friend's computer, and then just put it on a floppy. Hope that sovles your problem, but that's what happened to me.

I've finally got my website up and running only now I'm having so many problems online that I'm thinking about chucking in the towel.... I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some ideas on what could be the cause of my probs with some simple solutions...

I'm having problems accessing many pages, my browser seems sluggish.... posting on this site has been a problem, getting "page unable to be displayed" , but if I press refresh, it then accepts my post..... I can't get into my cpanel at all....

in an effort to solve these problems, I decided to wipe everything this morning and reinstall the master cd.... then I installed my dialup ISP, (using CD), seemed to install OK, until it loaded to the internet, when it then wouldn't load up my ISP homepage.... it just crashed....

I've since managed to get the homepage but it's taken many attempts....

I went into Windows Update to install critical updates.... it wouldn't install any of the securiy updates... I tried many times....

I tried to get into TRAP 17, buy it just wouldn't upload up the pages.... just seemed to get stuck.....

However, and this is the puzzling thing, I managed to upload Google pages and Yahoo pages without any problems at all....

I only managed to get into TRAP 17 because I checked my mail at Yahoo and had a PM for this site and clicked on the link and it loaded OK....

I've no idea what's going on ..... is it a fault with my ISP or is a browser issue or is it my system that's the problem ???

I posted about this issue the other day, (when my problems had just started), and somebody suggested it could be my browser and I should download firefox or something similar..... thing is I don't know for sure that it is the browser that's the problem plus, how do I do it..... will it affect my ISP, do I have to let them know.... generally haven't a clue....one thing I do know is that I don't want to make things worse by my lack of knowledge....

I'm fairly PC illiterate so if anybody has any ideas could you keep it really simple for me.

I've sent my ISP an email outlining the problems I'm having, but generally, they're pretty bloody useless, so I'm not holding my breath that they'll be able to help.....

I'm hoping you guys will be of more support.....

God, this is a novel ..... sorry, I'm just trying to give you the full picture.... if anyone does have any ideas, maybe it would be better to email me as I don't know if I'll manage to access the boards again....

HELP!!

Cheerie..... ~M~

155565[/snapback]

Know Whats Weird Is That I Had That I Got A Whole Lot Of Spy Ware Stuff Ran a Scan Got 2000 Bugs and i deleted them all and it started to work again. I Got It Once Befor Two It Just Went Away On IT's Own It Might Be Spyware,virse,ineternet provider or just a slow comp. I Really MA kinda lost on This Matter Two

yeah i would have scan your computer first to see how bad spyware and adware got on your computer.isp is it modem broadband or cablewhat kind of computer are you using or how old is it.those would be the big factors that have been metioned abovealso ram and your hard drive are factors tooa small hard drive (like those exsist anymore) is usually a crucial one cuz you would have several programs running and thats where the ram is coming from you can consider it the bw of your computer. because you are soaking up so much spacing when you go to a new site thats uses cookies and what not.also degrag your ocmputer and use the trah program to clean up your computer and make room on it as well.it should help.

I got this problem just a few minutes ago and I've just fixed it. I'll don't how long it will last but it got me onto cpanel.

All I did was to...

Go to Tools

Go to Internet Options

Security

Trusted Sites

Move the slider up to Medium

Click Sites

Type In *.trap17.com

Click Add

OK then OK again

Now try again.