xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RazorICE

Counter Strike Source Ragdoll Physics

Man, I absoloutely love the ragdoll physics in CS:S. If you don't know what I mean by ragdoll physics is this: when you kill someone, they don't just fall to the ground in a pre-animated sort of death, they fall realistically, and sometimes end up in funny positions.

Do you guys have any pictures of funny ragdoll deaths?

Here's mine:

Posted Image

Hiiilarious.

Man, I absoloutely love the ragdoll physics in CS:S. If you don't know what I mean by ragdoll physics is this: when you kill someone, they don't just fall to the ground in a pre-animated sort of death, they fall realistically, and sometimes end up in funny positions.

Do you guys have any pictures of funny ragdoll deaths?

Here's mine:

Posted Image

Hiiilarious.

155506[/snapback]

Those sure are great, but you barely get any time to take a screany when you look at them and enjoy heh. But the whole physics in this game is awesome lol dont you just love it when an enemy is running for a gun and you shoot at it and it flyes in a different direction, away from your enemy and he cant pick it up

Ragdoll physics are brilliant in fps shooters especially counter strike source!! Works so well also! Shoot someone up against the wall and watch em slide down it as the blood stains the wall :D delicious, :D il try and get some screenshots!

let me tell about cs source and why u shouldnt start to play that crappy game.1. it doesnt require any skill of playing FPS game, just hold down ur left mouse and u will get frags 2. only noobs play Cs:S why? because it doesnt require any skill!3. why play css if there is cs.1.6 !? let me tell u why, because only noobs play cs:s,why? BECAUSE IT DOESNT REQUIRE ANY SKILL...4. waste of money5. BOOM HEADSHOT!!

huh? have I been missing something? Last time I played counterstrike was about 2 years ago, I have never played cs:S, but those ragdoll physics and the wall thing seem pretty cool. I do remember people needing skill in Cs, I dont know why they would leave that out in a new version... Definiteley wouldnt be much fun to just walk and shoot.

Ragdoll physics rocks, u just cant play without it :) ThePuk doesnt like cs:s cos he cant play it, and people play it because the graphics are much better in my opinion. :)

Thepuk, I'd love to see you come up against good CS:S players with your "hold down your left mouse" theory. They are what we call spammers and surprise, surprise...They never do any good. Now lets take you "hold down your left mouse" theory other places. Whats to stop you doing the same thing on ANY FPS...CS:S works the same as all FPS, Point and shoot. The skill is how well you can point and shoot. Guns have diff physics, so just spraying all of them as you say will not work to get a win in CS:S. It may get you kills tho but that is no diff to any other FPS. My guess is you bought the game and were pissed off why you didnt' get rockets and such things like COD games and couldn't get your kills as easy for the lack of skill you have on FPS.

let me tell about cs source and why u shouldnt start to play that crappy game.1. it doesnt require any skill of playing FPS game, just hold down ur left mouse and u will get frags
2. only noobs play Cs:S why? because it doesnt require any skill!
3. why play css if there is cs.1.6 !? let me tell u why, because only noobs play cs:s,why? BECAUSE IT DOESNT REQUIRE ANY SKILL...
4. waste of money
5. BOOM HEADSHOT!!

Well if you just hold your left mouse button, you will make holes galore, while your opponent will make out a clean head shot. I don't agree with you at all. CS is a FPS multiplayer game where more than a dozen people can play in a single map simultaneously. Hence it requires more skills than traditional PC games where you try to fool the computers AI. It requires very high proprioception, at the same time planning as would be done in real life.

Probably you never played CS. If you had been to any of the CS gaming forums, or watched any of the gaming tournaments or atleast watched any youtube videos of gamers fragging, you would have never asked the second question.

Waste of money? This depends on your likes and dislikes. If you loved playing CS, the price would seem nothing for you. And the price is reasonable as is for other games of similar genre.

About ragdoll physics. Yes its awesome to be seen in multiplayer games. It makes the environment look so real.
Edited by pasten (see edit history)

1. it doesnt require any skill of playing FPS game, just hold down ur left mouse and u will get frags 2. only noobs play Cs:S why? because it doesnt require any skill!
3. why play css if there is cs.1.6 !? let me tell u why, because only noobs play cs:s,why? BECAUSE IT DOESNT REQUIRE ANY SKILL...
4. waste of money
5. BOOM HEADSHOT!!

1. Wrong, this statement is referring to Unreal Tournament
2. Might seem as this at first but no this is incorrect, one technique can surfice, although there is always a better technique
3. Yes, half true, Hitboxes in Source are abit iffy. Although more ISP's get better this will cease to be a problem. And Source is probably targeted for Graphics and the use of Realworld physics. And a brilliant SDK package.
4. IDK what your on about. It's only $20 USD. Alot of other games such as COD4-5 and Battlefield 2 are over 50% more expensive.
5. Why are you spamming

Final thought. Please it is not right to flame the game. Post positive criticism. Or just don't post at all.

The Ragdoll physics in The Source engine are actually kind of pathetic. I mean, it's kind of cool to watch but it is very unrealistic. Other engines have done a better job with this. The problem with ragdoll physics is that the joints do not account for the limits of the human bone structure. Euphoria from Natural Motions does a pretty good job at it. I'd recommend you watch their video.

The Ragdoll physics in The Source engine are actually kind of pathetic. I mean, it's kind of cool to watch but it is very unrealistic. Other engines have done a better job with this. The problem with ragdoll physics is that the joints do not account for the limits of the human bone structure. Euphoria from Natural Motions does a pretty good job at it. I'd recommend you watch their video.

What do you think about crysis physics and ragdolls, I mean they are much better but how do they compare to the real thing? Also the source engine is in its 8th or 7th version, so this means thats there always working on it, never know what will happen in the future of the source engine. Hopefully it is not abandoned, because it was the engine for the best game ever made Half Life 2.