xisto Community
Dude Love Fan

Final Fantasy Viii What did you all think of it?

I was just wondering what you all thought of FF8. Personally I feel it was the best FF. The story was top notch, it kept me hanging until the very end. The graphics were awesome at the time, and cannot say enough about the card game. I feel though it was a love it or hate it game. I liked how you could make any player any type of character you wanted through the junction system. I think it tried some new ideas and pulled them off well, although I don't like the absense of things like armor, the upgrading of weapons could go either way. But enough about what I thought, what did you guys think of it, love it, hate it, or somewhere in between?

I thought that Final Fantasy 8 was a very good game. However, i liked final fantasy 7 much better. The reasons for this is that i didnt really care for the card game nor the guardian force idea but i did like the plot. My only complaint was that the game did not have an easy straight forward flow because sometimes if you didnt look at a guide or something, you would wander for hours. That is my thoughts on that game.

Interesting I didn't have that problem, save once, I was trying to go somewhere in the game(won't say where for spoilers sake, even though there probably aren't going to be any more new ff8 players :) and I din't know you had to go through another town to get there. That made it very annoying, but once I got through that area I had no other problems. I understand people's problem with the GF Junction system, but I rather enjoyed it, it was different from the norm, not too radical(though it did seem weird at the time), but not the same old same old. I hope that made sense :)

I was just wondering what you all thought of FF8.  Personally I feel it was the best FF. The story was top notch, it kept me hanging until the very end.  The graphics were awesome at the time, and  cannot say enough about the card game.  I feel though it was a love it or hate it game.  I liked how you could make any player any type of character you wanted through the junction system.  I think it tried some new ideas and pulled them off well, although I don't like the absense of things like armor, the upgrading of weapons could go either way.  But enough about what I thought, what did you guys think of it, love it, hate it, or somewhere in between?

155312[/snapback]

Final Fantasy 8 is pretty cool but Final Fantasy 7 has the greatest story. And that's the reason why I choose FF7. But I also play FF8. If you had trouble is the game, I can help you.

I thought that Final Fantasy 8 was a very good game. However, i liked final fantasy 7 much better. The reasons for this is that i didnt really care for the card game nor the guardian force idea but i did like the plot. My only complaint was that the game did not have an easy straight forward flow because sometimes if you didnt look at a guide or something, you would wander for hours. That is my thoughts on that game.

155432[/snapback]

Why don't you care GF, it's a good idea (I think so). You're wrong when saying "if you didnt look at a guide or something, you would wander for hours.". Cause I play the game myself without any help. I played the game for 2 months (a long time, right?)

yo whats up guys..well i love the final fantasy series too so im just going to give my thoughts about 8! well seriously man i loved the game...i spent so many money on a playstation rental back then when it first came out when i didnt have a playstation..hahaha i would save my lunch money and just play it haha..well ya i think final fantasy 8 paved the road for new 3d graphics i mean after final fantasy 8 every games was awesome... (graphics wise) well i thought so correct me if im wrong though...The characters are awesome too, the plot was a little bit fuzzy but hey it was pretty cool..the whole time travel thing was pretty messy..but the love story is just freaking awesome man hahaha...o ya i think we should write letters to square enix...make a request to make a final fantasy 8-2 or something hahaha...do you guys know where to contact them..because i seriously want some more of the gang...well its getting to long..peace!.

I like FFVIII as well, especially with the graphics and the music side of it. I didn't care too much about the card game although it was easy once I got the hang of it. The junction system was a unique idea at that time and it was another great way of building your characters/GFs. Having said that, I still think FFVII has the best story of the series.

i mean, i liked and grew attached to it deifntly, but the whole going to space thing all of a sudden sorta turned me off a tad. though, squall was freaking sweet!!! so was zell. and irvin, and kiros, and laguna, and quistis....the list goes on. plus the gf animatoin was sweet. Nine was better (best) but as randy jackson would say it..."it was aight fo' me"...i hate that big black man....

I felt like this game needed a whole lot more creativity. Compared to ff7 it had none. Final fantasy 7 was a magical game, it was very unique. When I played final fantasy 8 I always felt like it was missing something. The characters where to real or something.

Final Fantasy 8.....wow...that was a really long long time ago.Anyway, I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best of all the series. I still remember playing it when I was young. It was a really cool game and it got me addiccted...or some reason. I found it fascinating and the story line was just cool. In my opinion, final fantasy 7 is better than final fantasy 8.Shackman remembers the time when he was a young young boy with short hair who feel in love with final fanstay...It was really a long long long time ago....-Shackman

Final Fantasy 8.....wow...that was a really long long time ago.

Anyway, I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best of all the series. I still remember playing it when I was young. It was a really cool game and it got me addiccted...or some reason. I found it fascinating and the story line was just cool. In my opinion, final fantasy 7 is better than final fantasy 8.

Shackman remembers the time when he was a young young boy with short hair who feel in love with final fanstay...

It was really a long long long time ago....

-Shackman

155830[/snapback]

hi wats up...well i didnt really like 7 but i guess its ok coz i dont have to offent people haha..i just didnt like its cartoonish look...well you guys are lucky coz you guys are going to have a sequel..poo..hahahai dont ...8 is gone forever..well prolly not..when i grow up..im going to make one..hahahahahopefully they will still have those 3d models!!! peaCE!

FF8 was a great game with 2 stories :lol: never accualy beat it, but i got close just havent had the time to sit down and accualy play :rolleyes: but it was not my fav i would have to say that ff9 was my fav :D why you ask? because of VIVI he was the best character in that game :( but wat and i love the card games and i LOVE the soccer type game in FFX but wat ended the FF series was FFX-2 I MEAN CMN ON WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THEY THINKING, CHARLIES ANGELS, I PLAYED THROUGH IT TO THE FIRST BOSS AND I WAS GROSSED OUT I COULDNT BARE ANY MORE OF THE TORTURE THAT THEY MADE ME GO THROUGH. that game killed FF for them to come back they will have to do a better job >.<

Well i believe Final Fantasy VII was better, but thats my opinion. Then again it has to be better since they are going to remake it and also have other things circling around it such as movies etc. But thats just me and my opnion :rolleyes:

i loved ffviii but i still say that FFVII is the best FF ever made.. it was sweet monkey... lol ... but i think the remake and number 12 will blow all of them to dust.. i cant wait for them to come out... and then i wanna go see that movie to.. Advent Children.. hmmmm mmmm... cant wait lol.. sorry im hyper right now.. but yeah 8 was flippin sweet and i do miss the armor and upgrading of weapons.... i also didnt like too much how you got new weapons... it was a little difficult... i like buying them alot better than i do anything lol.. its easier to go kill things and get the money than to go and look for hours on end for certain parts.... but then again i guess thats what makes a great game.. one that takes hours on end to complete =D