xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thebluekirby

Media On Other Hosts?

I have a few of my mp3, ZIP, and video files hosted in my other hosts. I just have one quick question: If I link these files to my site, regardless if they are illegal files or not, will it effect my Xisto account in any way? Thanks ^-^

Tricky question and I hope to clarify as I understand the rules.Although you are NOT hosting any illegal materials, if you provide a way (or ways) to help obtain illegal materials that is against TOS. What you have provided is similar to warez sites. And the definitions of illegal materials are found in TOS (which you may review by clicking on the link listed on my signature). In the case of MP3, when you have the permission from the artist of that song, you are to disclose it on your site and CAN provide the link or host it. Anything else would be legal, therefore, you will not have any problem hosting or providing links with your Xisto account.

As long as your site contains illegal files its considered against the TOS and so you can make a link to your mp3 files but not run it when user viewing your Xisto site unless its legal...

its just my pleasure..i am not sure if the mp3 file could be uploaded then you can just try to..i think if the owner of mp3 don't mention it then your bandwidth not overflow then you can do it.^-^