xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WeLoveFord

Computer In Your Bedroom the many advantages

You know there is one thing called parents (that is if you are below 18 years old)... :D ... not to mention the cables that go with the computer network, internet...If you want to put the computer into your bedroom I suggest you do it when you buy it because after you connect to internet or to a local network it will be really hard redecorating your house with those cables. I got my first computer when I was 11 years old, but my parents didn't want to put it in my room so it's in the living room. Now i'm 17 and the computer is still there. The good thing is that they sad they will move it when i'll get to college... teo more years to go... :unsure:

Yeah, I agree that having a computer in your room gives you so many advantages. But I think that you start changing your mind once you start getting older. Anyway, all of those reasons that you had given are very good.

At my dad's house everyone has their own computer in their own areas of the house (My dad's is in the basement, step-mother's in her office and me and my sister's in our respective rooms) all connected to the internet. It was always that way since about Christmas 2000 (I was ten). But it wasn't until months later that we(my sister and I) found out no matter how much our parents loveed and 'trusted' us, they didn't trust us enough. They had a program (which was invisible, and you couldn't find unless you installed it) on our computers in which would record every website we went on, every program we had open, for how long it was open, and every single key we hit in those programs. It wan't until my mother found out they were reading my email that she stepped in and cursed them out for invading HER privacy and they took it off. :unsure: very amusing.At my mother's though it a different story. The computer is in the family room with the screen facing the seating area. ANNOYING. I'm on it most of the time, at night, mainly because by that time everyone has left, gone to bed, or is off the computer. And if I get on during they day everyone is like, "what are you doing?", "whats that?" or like looking over my shoulder and pulling seats up next to me.Blah, all all, yes computers in your room is some much better all long as you don't have crazy parents. :D

Yeah it is wonderful having a computer in your own room. I for one have had my own computer in my room for like 6 or 7 years actually. It is wonderful for privacy and the fact that no one else can use it without your permission. At college though, its the only way to really do it lol.

I always find that my computer in my bedroom becomes a back up for when my 3 little brothers seem to look and do stuff they got no idea how to use, or even what it is! :D Parents don't like computers lying around everywhere though :) I like my computers, they were free, just for doing a week of work!..Not bad for a P3. How many use wireless in thier homes?I was looking at it, then there was the security risk, I don't work for anyone, but i still value some privacy. :unsure:

It is so great! having a computer in your own room is the best thing when you have more peoples (sisters bro's) who uses the computer in your house. You have your privacy, and if you are real fanatic you don't have to look at the time etc.. it's just very handy and just great! I have had my computer always in my own room, but since 2 years I have internet on it., that's even better! And...if your sick, and don't wanna go to school, you can stay in your room :unsure: if you need to kill the time..

I am a father and the only way my daughter would ever have a computer in her room is if it wasn't connected to the net. Too much danger out there in the Cyber space, and I have seen said danger invade into real life before, so don't think it can't happen. I probably sound like a public service announcement no one qanst to hear, but I personally think that a computer in the bedroom of any one who is not yet an adult is a very bad idea. I am perfectly willing to give my daughter (assuming I can afford it) her own computer in the livingroom where I can monitor her, but even then I would probably have a poxy server loaded so I could see exactly what sites she was going to and blacklist anything I deamed inappropriate. That being said I would never read her emails or invade her privacy in that manner, but I would try and restrict MSN use.

brandice said:

So my house isn't the only one witrh a room full of computers!

I think it's important when you are young to not have a computer in your room. It's good to see parents who take an active interest in what their kids are doing and try to keep them away from the bad stuff.

This is very true. A computer in your room may lead to withdrawl from the "family" realm. It is very important to have the computer accessible to everybody, in a public room. (I.E. Home office, Kitchen, Family Room.)

After a while parents will get tired of seeing you in your room all the time, and never with the family... THe thing to blame: Your new Computer.

Even if you have to stack seven computers into your home office -- do it. A home office full of computer-users, is better than five rooms, with a geek each inside...

Plus the mutual collaboration is good, even though you may be doing different things.

I just got my own laptop so now I can take it up to my room and do stuff I want on it! (nothing inappropriate or that my parents don't like) I can have that sense of privacy without being invaded and it's gonna feel great! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif 

-reply by Sarah