xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jaskoonline

Do U Have A Usb Stick =

no . i wish i had one. So i can work on my website or whatever anywhere so i don't get bored. It wouldbe useful for me. I could install programs on it and use it through tehre without having to install it on someones computer to use it.

Yeah, they're the best way of moving data for me. CDs? Too big, too scratchable. Floppies? Don't even go there. Zip Drives? Easy to damage, declining. Internet? A close second, but not always availible.I hope to boot Linux off mine soon.

I have an Integral 1GB USB flash drive. I think they are really good, once when I put it in though, it froze my computer. No problems other than that. It's quicker than burning my stuff to a CD anyway :unsure:

I have two USB sticks. They are made by Crusial, and are called Flash Voyager. The sizes are both 1GB (1000 MB). They're great to have - reliable, fast, bigger and cheaper that floppies, and with a 10 year warranty, why not? 19 MB/s read, and 13 MB/s write. It's one of the fastest USB 2.0 devices out there, but NOT THE fastest.

Originally, I have thought a USB Pen drive was useless. Now, I beg to differ.It is very versatille. You can interchange data between two operating systems (MAC + PC), and even give your friends some of your files.It is a simple way to keep the information that you need, and that matters with you at all times. It is very handy.Imagine this:1) Carrying photos your mom wants to see on a "stick"2) Carrying Homework for school on a "disk"3) Transfering data, music from one computer to another via a "disk"It has many other usage, but that can be a whole different topic.Steer Clear.

Yup! I have a 32MB USB pen drive from Apacer. One of my friends' dad got a FREE 2GB USB drive from a meeting/convention thing for his business >_> I wish I had one with so much capacity, not that I'd need all the space or anything, still......

I have a little SD/MMC Card reader. I have both an MMC and an SD card, sizes 64 MB and 128 MB. I use them both in my digital camera but also for transporting files and moving things between Windows and Linux, as the removable media drive apears in both.

I have a Dell 256 MB thumb drive that I use to transport larger files from home to school or from home to a friends house. I also use it to keep copies of important things that I don't want to have lost. Keeping a backup is really easy with the thumb drive. It is dependable and very portable.

I think I have a 16mb one somewhere that was sent as a promotion when I got a one year dialup internet. I switched to ADSL three months afterwards! LOLI use my PDA for larger files anyway, it has a 256MB SD card on it, so I just take the card and the reader.

My dad has one, but I don?t think it is very useful. Many computers at my school are installed with N in 1 card readers now, and so my SD card can be used for temporary storage. I think cards like SD card and CF cards are more flexible, since you can use them on digital cameras and personal digital agents. I have a DC and a PDA, so I like SD cards more. Moreover, most of the computers nowadays are wired to the Internet. You may as well upload your files to Internet mailboxes like Gmail or any FTP server and download them to the computer when you need them. There are free web hosts like Yousendit, clubbox and ChinaMoFile for this purpose too, though their uploading speed is astonishingly slow.

in reply the thread's title... Do you have a USB Stick?My answer: How can i not have a usb stick? ;) i store all my important documents in the small, convinient, handy sticks.I have two of them, a 128Megabyte Apacer HandySteno HT202 and a 256Megabyte Pendrive.