xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theconman

Applying For A Job... ...with no experience...

Is it possible to get my application accepted even though I've never had a job before? I'm only 15, so dont think I'm a bum. This is my first time looking for a job. I got applications from A&P and Dunkin' Donuts, but I have no experience, and I'm reasonably young. Do you think there's a chance of my application getting accepted?Also, if it does get accepted what happens? I know it goes on file, but would I get interviewed too?I know I seem like a complete dumbass, but this is my first time looking for a job, so I just want to know everything that there is to know.Thanks.

If your application is accepted one of two things will happen: they'll give you the job straight away, or they'll give you an interview. Some jobs may have 2 or 3 interviews (unlikely for Dunkin' Donuts).

there are always "entry level" positions, and if these are what you applied for, and your skills are what your prospective employers need, then there's a very good chance you can get hired by them. :rolleyes: good luck with your application.

You will definitely be able to get a job. Just apply to a lot of places. Any place that needs a cashier (both a&p and dunkin donuts) you can easily get a job at with little to no experience at all. If you get accepted to a place like dunkin donuts most likely you won't even have a "real" interview. When I worked at the grocery store the interview was basically "whats your info and when can you start... this is when training is... blah blah blah". It was my first job.

Is it possible to get my application accepted even though I've never had a job before? I'm only 15, so dont think I'm a bum. This is my first time looking for a job. I got applications from A&P and Dunkin' Donuts, but I have no experience, and I'm reasonably young. Do you think there's a chance of my application getting accepted?

Also, if it does get accepted what happens? I know it goes on file, but would I get interviewed too?

I know I seem like a complete dumbass, but this is my first time looking for a job, so I just want to know everything that there is to know.

Thanks.

153929[/snapback]

First of all, it is illegal to get a job at 15, and start getting paid. You have to be 16, so you will NOT be hired. Also, when you are 16, it will still be hard to get a job ( unless you want to work as a cashier ). You won't be able to work in a restaurant or anything like that ( highly impossible that the owner wants a 16 year old server ).

First of all, it is illegal to get a job at 15, and start getting paid.

I believe you are wrong there. You can get a job at either 13 or 14 (can't remember which) as long as your employer has a special permit and you check with the local council for any permits etc. you will require. At this age you cannot work full hours (no 9 to 5 jobs) and no minimum wage applies.

Good luck with your job.

13-14 is sweat shop but in most states that us states 15 is the starting age but i had a paper route when i was 11 talking about earning some quick cash

Here in Yugoslavia, legal age for working is 15 years old. You go buy your work book, get it stamped, and you can go start looking for a job.There is a very good chance you get a job, because of one simple thing: we all started working from zero, we were all on the begining like you.. You don't have to fear, you will be able to get a job, if you leave good impression in the interviewJust be confident in yourself :rolleyes: you can do it

Hey dude, sure you can get a job! I mean, first time I got a job, I never worked anywhere before that :rolleyes: as kitty nicely put it, we all had to begin the same way as you do. And it's all about confidence, and appearance... Try to be sure of yourself on that interview, never show fear... Those people feed off your fear, and they love it, and then extend that interview for as long as they can...Just take a deep breath, and go for it. You can, no you WILL get a job, that's the attitude you need!

Actually, in my city ( Houston ), you can't get a job unless you're 16.

154142[/snapback]

Well, my younger brother had a perfectly legal job at a restaurant recently when he was 14. I had a job last year with the Census dept. (great job, but not going to be an option this year) and it's good experience. My brother had a job with the VFW when he was even younger too, you might have a better chance getting a more informal job, if you have associates for clubs or groups around you you might do well to ask them if they know of something. Just some thoughts.

You can definately get a job with little or no experience but you have a good positive attitude. This might be hard when people around you are discouraging. But you need to overcome it and show the world that you can do anything and YOU CAN! Plus do not expect them to call you. It is your responsability to keep in touch with the sources so you can get a job for yourself! Drop by at least once a week to your desired business or several! Employers really do like that positive attitude. So smile and get out there with some enthusiasim.

In New Jersey, you can get a job at 15. 14 is harder, but I dont think there's a set limit... And the applications dont even ask my age, and i look mucher older than 15. So I doubt age would be a problem.About full time though... is there actually a limit on that? My mom said for part-time jobs you get screwed by working just under the minimum so they dont need to give you benefits that you would get for full-time jobs, like you work 34 hours instead of 35, which is the limit for benefits or whatever.Thanks for all your advice and help. I'm going to hand in my applications today.And I might check out Aspen East, cause my friends mom suggested to me that its a good place to work... I've never been there before though. So I dont know about that...

All of you guys saying he won't get a job are INSANE. Legal working age is 14 in New York State, you just need to get your working papers first. And there are lots of jobs that people can do without experience and have simple tasks you can learn at work.

i want to work at Dunkin

Applying For A Job...

I'm kind of a dumb a** as well not actually but with directions so yeah I would be scared to have a job but I want one I'm 15 years old and I'm a very responsible girl so I'm able to have a job I'm just scared I will mess up every body's order so o my gosh what's my first step & what advice would you give me?

-reply by Veronica Graciano