xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Weird Windows Behaviour

After windows fully loading, attempt to click on the desktop/taskbar/start button sort of make the system "hang". and all the icon disappear, including taskbar. Killing dr watson will restore back windows desktop! Sometimes during startup, Dr Watson Postmotem debugger appear.What is wrong with it?Windows XP Pro SP21GB DDR PC2700 ramAMD XP1800+

Dr. Watson debugger appears because you "killed" Dr. Watson from running fully.The symptom of START button not responding may be that you have some spyware installed that is still loading, well after Windows GUI interface has loaded. Check to see if you have spyware with various spyware removal tools.Another way of checking is access your task manager and see which program is using up all your CPU usage (you can sort by clicking on CPU column).

I would suggest Running these:

1. Free Spyware/Adware removal tools:

a. Ad-Aware SE Personal

b. CWShredder

c. HijackThis

d. Microsoft AntiSpyware

e. Spybot - Search & Destroy

f. SpywareBlaster

2. Not free but very good:

a. NoAdware

b. XoftSpy

Search the web and you will find the Microsoft AntiSpyware on Microsoft's site, the link is not allowing me to make it clickable.

I have seen this problem a few times before. Try temporarily clearing the start up folder (cut and paste everything to a different folder) and see if that helps. Large programs like Norton and even MSN Messenger can take a while to load.