xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milli Riba

Is Age of Empires II the best RTS ever?

Is Age of Empires II the best RTS ever?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's definetly one of the best RTS out there can't decide if it's really number 1. There are just too many of them to choose just one. AOE was at his age Number 1 , and that goes for Aoe 1 - Rise of Rome , Aoe 2 - The Conquerors , and now AOE 3 , great 3D grahpics and cool gameplay ,also it's very fun in multiplayer mode have you tried it ?

Age of Empires 2 was a good Real Time Strategy game, as was its sequel Age of Empires 3, by my personal opinion is that the Company of Heroes series is one of the best all time Real Time Strategy game. The graphics were stunning and detailed, coupled with a excellent graphics engine that included destructible environments and realistic special effects. Even critics have indicated its excellence in Real Time Strategy gameplay with a Metacritic score of 93, although the two sequels have fared worse in ratings as most sequels have in the past. Plus, it was one of the first few games to effectively utilise a squad-based control system instead of having to control multiple single individual units. In all, Company of Heroes became the best World War II real time strategy game of all time, with recent strategy modern warfare games failing to meet the same level of gameplay as Company of Heroes has achieved.

yes definitely one of the best RTS ive ever played why one of the best? because its not the best for me :)there are still much better than age of Empires II so I can't say it is the best of all

Oh yes! Wait, Age of Empires III came out so I think that is the best RTS out there. I think is so much fun. I just wish that they would increase the population cap so people can have like, ALL OUT WARS! Wouldn't that be fun?

I didn't play Age of Empires, can you believe it? I know a lot of people and my friends played it, but I never did, I usually played different RTS games, so for me it's not the best, because I just didn't play it to much.I spend more time on Red alert series and Starcraft :)