xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theillestmc12

Free Hosting Means A Free Website Too?

hi guys.. im really really stupid..im just wondering.. see im still a noob and i thought free hosting only means free webspace...does it??i dont even know haha..well any ways.can i make a website with Xisto freehosting....when i go to my website..it only shows my cpanel...how do i start linking stuff so i can make my own homepage...???please help me...point me the right way..i tried to search in the forums but i cant find any help..well thx :-Dthx thx thx so mucho!

After reviewing your hosting, I realized that your website is wow.astahost.com? Is that correct? I'm assuming that OpaQue approved your hosting request, judging by your [HOSTED] sign.Login to your cPanel and up load all necessary files, such as index.htm (or .html .php etc) and other homepage associated files and you are on your way. Just remember that you are to upload them into your /public_html folder.And when you type your requested and given domain name (wow.astahost.com) you are now part of this web called internet. LOL.Think of hosting this way: in order for your post office to deliver your mail or receive mail from your credit card company (for example) you need a mailing address. And you receive them in your mailbox and you store them in your home. Hosting is like your home where all neat stuffs are stored. You can even think of it as a hard drive space for the website. And the mailing address where a credit card company is sending your statement is like your website address or a.k.a. domain name. Domain name can be dedicated or shared but we'll get into that later. Without a domain name your homepage cannot be viewed. Without a hosting plan your domain name has nothing to show off.Welcome to Xisto and be sure to take the time to review TOS and forum rules. Cheers :P

After reviewing your hosting, I realized that your website is wow.astahost.com? Is that correct? I'm assuming that OpaQue approved your hosting request, judging by your [HOSTED] sign.

Login to your cPanel and up load all necessary files, such as index.htm (or .html .php etc) and other homepage associated files and you are on your way. Just remember that you are to upload them into your /public_html folder.

And when you type your requested and given domain name (wow.astahost.com) you are now part of this web called internet. LOL.

Think of hosting this way: in order for your post office to deliver your mail or receive mail from your credit card company (for example) you need a mailing address. And you receive them in your mailbox and you store them in your home. Hosting is like your home where all neat stuffs are stored. You can even think of it as a hard drive space for the website. And the mailing address where a credit card company is sending your statement is like your website address or a.k.a. domain name. Domain name can be dedicated or shared but we'll get into that later. Without a domain name your homepage cannot be viewed. Without a hosting plan your domain name has nothing to show off.

Welcome to Xisto and be sure to take the time to review TOS and forum rules. Cheers :P

151992[/snapback]

excellent sir..thx so much..im going to try to do the steps you told me...i really appreciate it sir...and if i do still have a problem? can i post in the same thread????thanks you again sir:)

...and if i do still have a problem? can i post in the same thread????thanks you again sir:)

152007[/snapback]

You sure can. But before you reply to this post, be sure to check out Questions & Queries to see if your question might have already been answered.

And I never served in a military so no need to call me "sir" :P

I could be wrong but your web address might be wow.trap17.com and NOT Xisto.com.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

hi guys.. im really really stupid..im just wondering.. see im still a noob and i thought free hosting only means free webspace...does it??i dont even know haha..well any ways.can i make a website with Xisto freehosting....when i go to my website..it only shows my cpanel...how do i start linking stuff so i can make my own homepage...???please help me...point me the right way..i tried to search in the forums but i cant find any help..well thx :-Dthx thx thx so mucho!

151989[/snapback]

ha ha ha... we're both the same when I about to upload my own website...

here is the instructions on how to upload your website maybe somebody gives you instructions already but to remind you of those, just read this...

1. First, im sure you designed your website already right? it not well, start building your website now and read this instruction again..

2. Login to your cpanel provided by Xisto when you request free web hosting. by default they will put a file called index.html, that is the one you see when you time your website like. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

3. under file manager click on the folder named public_html click the index.html and click delete at the right corner of the window, then upload you files there, be sure to upload it correctly including images.

4. if you done uploading your files try to type your website. you will now see the index.html you just uploaded.

ok..

:P tell me what website you have.. me... it's http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

try to visit that if you have time although my website was not totally developed, some links are still disabled but I will soon update everything...