xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Great Site Ranking In Google The Secrets Out

worth reading if you desire a great site ranking in google. covers a good deal of hard facts on how google indexing works. some "common" techniques and notions dispelled as well, to avoid getting your site "sandboxed" by google.

Google have recently filed a US patent which reveals a great deal of how they rank your web site. Some of it you could never of guessed at...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks for the link, serverph!

My PageRank in Google really sucks (it's at 0), and I need to know how to improve that as soon as possible.

I'll read that later. Thanks!!

151419[/snapback]

my PR sucks also its 0 as well i hope to try and get that better soon becuase i want my site to do well

Great link and this page is definitely worth reading if you are trying to get your site on google. For one, i am just rebuilding my new site and will start submitting it to search engines in a few months. These things that google looks for are many of the new things i need on my site. Thanks again for the post

my page rank in google went from 0 up to 3 then back down to 0 and now it is at 4. I really don't get how page rank helps in the search results though. It really doesn't make much difference what the page rank is. My site didn't move in the search results no matter what the page rank was.

You guys have gotten it all wrong. Everyone know google really uses Pigeon rank!

While they have people trying to come up with new stuff all the time, the main thing behind your search result remain the pigeons! :P

heheheü nice one, bjrn. but that was years ago! :P

https://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

Note: This page was posted for April Fool's Day - 2002.

(just in case most of you don't read that page till the very end. :P)

You guys have gotten it all wrong. Everyone know google really uses Pigeon rank!

While they have people trying to come up with new stuff all the time, the main thing behind your search result remain the pigeons! :(

153351[/snapback]

That would make it extremely difficult to get an active forum to get a good PR, from the way they press the link issue in the article it seems that an active forum would be nearly hopeless to get a good PR. Well, I like my PR on Jayde.com, I come up first on it for all of the keywords I used. :lol:I actually like the pidgeon idea though, even if it's a joke... :rolleyes: No, I seriously do, not the pidgeons actually doing the work, but the concept of their job, the point thing for every relevant page...I thought you wanted to put many links on other sites that googles visits because it get them to index you more, but I geuss this is not always true...

yes, thanks for that, the information is very helpful...i have never had good luck with google, however my friend always gets onto google very quickly after making a .org.uk website or .co.uk he has a well thought out stucture and good content, including links. maybe i'll have more luck afdter reading this, thanks again.

hey, would anyone mind giving me the link to view your pagerank?? i mean, i do pretty well, for Alternative Scripting im #1, and for Scripting Challenge im around 6-7 so i think those are pretty good ranks, but ive never seen an actual value for that, would anyone mind posting it or PMing me if you have got the chance? thanks very muchAlso, the pigeonrank is a great idea, ill have to look into it, we have pidgeons flying around in my work all the time, we usually just shoot em, but this sounds much more exciting xD

google has the algorithm ,which it keep changing every week ,so may be some ideas would work some may not ,one more way i heard to get all pages of your site indexed is to place a sitemap in your index page,one more thing is that submitting your links is given low ranking ,while if google discovers it itself ,then higher ranking is given anyway thanks for the link it was really helpful