xisto Community
Joannespw

Is Paying With Paypal Safe? your opinion and experiences please

Is Paypal safe?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

I have considered opening a pay pal account to conduct transactions on the web but after reading this webite I am not so sure...

It offers plenty of warnings and stories of people that were scammed. I am curious about your opinions and experiences if any.

EDIT : Please check your spellings

149369[/snapback]

The paypal scams have nothing to do with Paypal themselves but rather with people who get an email from someone claiming to be from paypal demanding that they "reactivate" their account, or claiming another email address was added to the account and that they need to click a link in the email if they didn't add the address. As long as you are smart enough to realize that these emails are scams, and that Paypal would never just email you such a warning, they would use thier internal systems then you are safe.

PayPal is safe as long as you think about what you're doing, i.e. watch out for phishing and stuff like that. Change your password on a regular basis, keep the info secure and don't leave a ton of money in the PayPal account any longer than is absolutely necessary.I would rather pay through PayPal than give merchants my debit card information any day. :P

I've never had an issue with paypal, the only online transactions I've had any issues with was through western union. Youd be supprised how little they are willing to do when someone basically steals $1500 from you. Paypal will bend over backwards for you if theres a problem, id definately trust them with my money.

I know there are issues with paypal as of late, ie phishing, ebay scams and so forth, but other from that.. if the problems happen at least Paypal will at least do something to help out as much as they can. But I hardly use it, but would go with the suggestion that you dont leave a lot of money in the paypal account. Just put in what is needed and pay whatever when the date comes up.

me and my brother pay with paypal all the time nothing is wrong with it. and nothing ever gets deducted if we leave money in it nobody steals money its great for use.

I had paypal account with money in it and never had any problems. Im sure they do not need to cheat anyone as they are millionaires already. If inceidents do happend it could also be a misunderstanding or an accident. I personally never had any problems.

Call me crazy but I do not think something like this is safe.

I got a business account and all I had issues with Security measures taken by paypal. I was asked for documents and proofs but I feel they are for good sake.

I also had a business account with PayPal. Do you know they have one of the worlds most advanced fraud detection systems?

I bet half of the people who signed up for PayPal never read the TOS basically they can get your for anything and you cant do jack about it. That is why i don't use PayPal any more and also due to the fact that its support was lousy and the verification process was long and annoying so in the end i just gave up.

But i now use 2Checkout which is miles better.

well I have an account but so far didn't had any problems.but you have to keep in mind that its an internet paying options so it will always have a little risk.I don't think paypal is a 100% safe payment methode even if so far everything went great.I hate giving my personal info on the net so to be honest I only use paypal when its totally necessary.

I've never had any problems with PayPal since I guard my information so well. I've purchased from eBay and other sites if you're wondering. I've heard horror stories of PayPal, but sometimes its the user who started it. Other times they are the victim of a phishing scam that PayPal can't do much about.

I have a pay pal account operating quite a long time without any problem.

>> It offers plenty of warnings and stories of people that were scammed. I am curious about your opinions and experiences if any.

Warnings are for the safety of our money.

In my opinion, paypal is the one of the safest and most secured money transfer system for Genuine merchants and buyers who use credit cards for online shopping.

Create new paypal account its free:

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/home

Please make sure you are in secured mode 'https':

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

Is Paypal safe?

Is Paying With Paypal Safe?

On my first experience (8 months)with Paypal I had no problems and was happy.

My second experience however scared me. I opend an account and within 2 days someone tried to take $1200 out of my bank account. Literaly FROM my bank account. I had to put a stop order on this transaction costing me $35.

Paypal never did acknowledge the loss of the $35.

-reply by Bill