xisto Community
OpaQue

Google Bomb Google Bomb The largest one

Yooter InterActive Marketing Discovers the Largest Google Bomb Ever 
Yooter InterActive Discovers the largest Google Bomb ever. With 130 Million results in Google, Bloggers manage to rank George Bush #1 for the keyword 'failure'

(PRWEB) June 5, 2005 -- Yooter InterActive has discovered the largest Google Bomb ever. With 130 Million results in Google, Bloggers manage to rank George Bush #1 for the keyword 'failure'.

Google has decided to rank George Bush as a plain failure, not just a miserable failure... but just a plain old 'failure'.

The Search Engines need to match the anchor text with the text onsite or else the 'Google Bomb' issue will not go away.

These issues paint not only Google in a bad light, they paint the entire search engine industry in a bad light. As Yahoo is suffering from the same results. MSN is the only other major engine that has yet to reflect those results.

These issues are easy to fix, why won't Google take the steps necessary to make the search engine experience better for the users? There are nearly 130 million results for the keyword 'failure' . This is a far more advanced type of Google Bomb than was was employed last year for the keyword 'miserable failure' . With that many results it actually proves a serious flaw in the Search Engine's algo.

This was discovered by for a few days now by Yooter InterActive Marketing. Yooter has tried in a vain attempt to contact the search engine to fix the issue. Since it was not addressed, we decided to go public with it.

We have listed the details in our blog:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

OMGthat is soo funny. maybe they did it on purpose! :Dits like the old joke... look up failure in the diccionary and you see a picture of George Bush.. well, if you google "failure" and click on the top result you see, guess what? :P

oops. there goes me with my rash posting habits. I made a reply then found out more.

I guess it helps if you know what a Google Bomb is.

so, this is actually not an error on google's part. but acctually a valid result for the word "failure" because when you are looking for a failure and they give you "george w. bush" then, they gave you what you were looking for...

:P

Hmm, what's an anchor text?

I tried searching for the word "failure" in the source code of Bush's page, but found nothing....

Nevermind, I figured it out. It's the text between the a tag in HTML:

<a href="http://whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html">miserable failure</a>

"miserable failure" is the anchor text.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Hahaha so funny, and true, George W. Bush is a failure :D (Let's hope he isnt webhosted here for free :D )

149465[/snapback]

WTF?! Who changed the anchor tag on the White House page to "miserable failure," and how the heck did they get into it to do that?

They didn't change it on the Whitehouse page.

A Google Bomb works by having a lot of people link to a certain page with certain anchor text. Lots of people put links on their web sites to Bush's bio with the anchor text "failure." When Google's bot goes around and finds stuff, it sees that many people used "failure" as anchor text for Bush, so it assumes that most people, when searching for "failure," would want to get Bush as a result.