xisto Community
Inspiron

Fastest Antivirus & Firewall Software

Just get AVG (Free/Pro). It's fast, only 25mb and it only uses up 1-2 processes. I've used McAfee AntiVirus before and it uses up to 5 processes and it makes my laptop slower. When I installed AVG, I saw a difference. So it's probably one of the best antivirus programs I know. You can also try portable antivirus scanners. They might help aswell.

Avast is very good, I used it for years.But it conflicts with ext2fs (driver to read Linux partitions)So I can strongly recommend Avast... (or use Linux, then you don't have to worry about viruses)Greets-reply by Fidel

i generally use pctools.com for registry fix and privacy sweeper but i use iobit.com for overall cleaning and defrag. iobit has a good defrag system which is way better than windows defrag. i recommend these two site: pctools.com and iobit.com

I prefer AVIRA AntiVir Personal. Its free. Using very low resources and working very well. AVG no more fast. The latest version of AVG is rosource hog. It will occupy all of your system resources and also your startup will be slow. AVIRA is better in these and its detection ration is also very nice. AVG is also one of the best free antiviruses but the only problem is its RAM usage. Otherwise I will give 1st rank for AVG for its user interface. About fastest firewalls I prefer Ashampoo firewall free edition. I had never seen any firewall this much small and powerful. It occupies very little RAM and only one process will be there. It also giving me very nice protection. I scanned my system through some security scanning websites and they all gave me nice rating about my system security. And user interface is also very nice. Not very technical. A new user can also understand everything. When a program trying to connect network, ashampoo will ask your permission. It will give you options to allow it for this port only? or all ports? select your option and you'll be done. Simple...Overall, in my opinion, running AVIRA Antivirus and Ashampoo firewall will give your system nice protection with minimal resources of your computer. Your system will be fast as usual.

another antivirus topic.its normal if u use norton antivirus, coz norton hav many features,that why norton so efficientmore features need more memory. i used its before, i feel that norton hav long startup time, and need too much memory.if u looking for another antivirus, i recommend u use nod32. its includ antivirus and spyware.

I did a clean install of Windows XP some time ago..It returned to the fast speed and all animations were sleek...

Only after I installed Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security, my computer became slower then before...
Startup now takes longer time and the computer seems to process something even the computer just boot into the desktop...
Task Manager shows a jump of additional processes in the background...

I understand that it's all normal to have Norton AntiVirus to run applications in the background to track virus every micro-second.. so does Norton Internet Security...

I am trying to ask if there are other AntiVirus & Firewall softwares which loads like it will never have to load, and the amount of memory and processes running is far lesser, say maybe just 1 additional process...?

i think u sud go for avg antivirus,it have a fast loading speed and its secure too. :lol:
Edited by sandy20082 (see edit history)

Fastest Anti-Virus Fastest Antivirus & Firewall Software

The Norton Anti-Virus Gamer Edition is the fastest software that I have found.. My previous Anti-virus software was slowing down my computer greatly.. You can't even tell that this software is running.. It doesn't slow games down at all..

It doesn't have a built in firewall.. But I just use my built in Windows firewall.

-reply by David Lemar

Replying to InspironMy personal recommendation is the "Quick Heal Total Security", which is the best, fast, & reliable antivirus with additional components such as firewall, anti-malware, anti-phishing etc. I am a prolonged user of this and I am highly satisfied.It takes comparatively less time to load, and gives outstanding protection. It can catch what ever the virus it is and its firewall gives the best protection.Iam using this for over 8 years and it is improving more unlike others. Other softwares like norton, Mcafee etc are doesn't improving actually and they are going down. Iam recommending Quickheal total security greatly for all computer users and its the best!

My personal recommendation is the "Quick Heal Total Security", which is the best, fast, & reliable antivirus with additional components such as firewall, anti-malware, anti-phishing etc. I am a prolonged user of this and I am highly satisfied.It takes comparatively less time to load, and gives outstanding protection. It can catch what ever the virus it is and its firewall gives the best protection.Iam using this for over 8 years and it is improving more unlike others. Other softwares like norton, Mcafee etc are doesn't improving actually and they are going down. Iam recommending Quickheal total security greatly for all computer users and its the best!

As far as antivirus is concerned , i would say it is NOD 32. It occupies less space in the memory so you can say it is comparitively fast compared with other antivirus software like Bit Defender which occupies more space in the memory .

Personally outta experience i would say that the fastest anti virus is gonna be NOD 32 and it is efficient too. If you are running Windows as the Operating system, then the best thing would be just enable the windows firewall and use Nod32 antivirus