xisto Community
Inspiron

Fastest Antivirus & Firewall Software

get zone alarm and avast. Avast is skinnable, free for home users, and has more features then something you pay for. It even updates itself.Zone alarm is good because it is free, updates are free, and it has award winning firewall support. The new windows firewall is good, but I dont know. Take a look
http://www.zonealarm.com/
https://www.avast.com/de-de/index

I have the same experoence! My brother reformatted our PC, and Microsoft Windows XP runs so smooth even when connected to a dial-up internet connection. everything loads so fast until I installed McAffe Virus Scanner and Firewall!! But I just can not change my Anti-virus software becuase most of my friends suggest using McAfee Anti Virus and Firewall. they say it so so much better that PCCellin and the likes. and I do not find Free and downloadable Anti-virus softwares to be safe and secure.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Follow the links in that post to see how each firewalls and antivirus programs performed. They tested things such as detection rate for antivirus programs, memory usage for firewalls and antivirus applications, and leak tests for firewalls. There are several nice charts and graphs for those visual learners out there.

hi,you needed to download the update from the microsoft named : Q312370_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe , to resolve the problem of usb. alternatively if you are using plain xp it is highly recommonded that you should download the SP1 and SP2 of windows xp.if you are planning for these two u will not need the usb driver fix that i've said.you can also slipstream your xp with the SP1 and SP2 and remove the problem permanantly,for slipstreaming (integrating Sp1 and then SP2 in the plain xp) you can use nlite, or bart's pebuilder software.or you can do it by the inbuilt utility of xp also , that is in the DOS command.also check the motherboard inf driver has been installed or not.

Norton Antivirus is very good but turns your PC run slower, this will happen when norton scan the files, If you notice your computer sometimes is in poor performance when running the virus scan using norton? But when it comes to security still good enough, but performance not. Panda is good comparing with norton... try it...

now i remember whe i install, norton antivirus, i was happy, i thinked it protects me form all the garbage in the net waiting for attack my privacity, for that year i didnt have an internet connection, the antivirus worked perfect, i never had a virus alert or something like that, then i got a connection and all begins to go bad, the compuer worked slow, sometimes it blocked and i lost my work, and all the things that may occur when the computer is over virus danger.actually i'm using antivir, and it is pretty cool, loading time is short, and it detects the viruses, not like norton that never showed an alert window, antivir is fast, simple and works good, and it is cheapper, i suggest you use it, other member references it below, download it and you will feel the difference.well, sleep well! and keep on posting! :unsure:

I am using Zone alarm with antivirus.It seems to be a nice package for me because, all required security things are integrated in a single package.But who knows viruses affect even when an antivirus is present.

A lot of this stuff depends on how good you are with computers. If you arn't to good with em, you should go for norton/mcafee anti-virus and zonealarm firewall. These are the easiest to use and very user-friendly. Only annoying thing is they are memory hogs.For advanced people, Its more of personal preference. I personally like avg anti-virus the best. Its very custamizable and has lots of features like Heuristic Analysis which helps find viruses that arn't in the virus definitions yet. Very nice tool.Then, for firewalls.... I use outpost firewall. It has many nice features and is also very custamizable. It has yet to fail me.Though those are the ones I use, I have no doubt there are others that work as well or better than the ones I mentioned. I have been meaning to try out Kaspersky anti-virus and peronel firewall. Someone said I think on this forum that its very nice and works exellent. So I am probably going to try those out and see how they compare with mine :P

according to me the best and free is Trend Micro Internet Security is the fastest one....it scan really fast, uses less memory and is getting the award for best antivirus solution from lot of reviewing companies.

i currently use ZoneAlarm Security Suite on my Personal Computer and Norton Internet Security on my laptop. My laptop was very fast at first. Then, like what happened to everyone else, it became super slow at startup after i installed Norton Internet Security 2005. ZOne Alrm is quite fast on my Pentium III 800mHz personal computer. it is a good firewall, but i don't think it can remove viruses as well as Norton Antivirus does. installing only norton antivirus on ur pc wont slow your pc too much.

Personally at home, I'm using Norton Internet Security 2005. Till now I haven't encounter serious problem about the antivirus and firewall. well, except sometime I must turn it off when I need to download something because it makes my internet slowed down ;)

It's not that I have anything against the Norton Antivirus software... actually, yes, I do. >_< It definitely makes your computer run slower and the virus scans are excrutiatingly long. I remember I used to quit all my running programs just so Norton's scan would go faster. Plus, I was kinda afraid my computer would crash or something. (The scanning process still took forever though ;))

For anyone who's looking for an alternative antivirus solution, I'd definitely reccomend NOD32 from Eset. The price for one user is $39, which includes updates for one whole year. I think it's definitely worth the price. When NOD32's running in the background, you can't even tell that it's there. Really.

The scanning's super fast and the control panel's very easy to operate. When I first bought NOD32, I didn't believe it was going to help much. But ever since then, my computer hasn't suffered a single virus infection (I'm not kidding at all). NOD32 virus detection system is always up to date and extremely effective in monitoring viruses and terminating them before they get into your system.

I am using Kaspersky Antivirus. It is fast, database is renewed many times per day, updating is fast, it doesn't let any virus to be downloaded to you computer, neither to be loaded up.I don't like Norton Antivirus cause it lets viruses to be downloaded to your computer or in worst case they are runned on.For Firewall I use Sygate Personall Firewall, it is free and it serves for its case.Both of this programs are only things I use for security issues.