xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rattler108

Apple Expected To Change To Intel

It appears that Apple plans to use Intel chips instead of PowerPC chips in its new computers. This could prove to be a very risky move by the company since all the programs and software would have to be changed to work with the new computers using Intel and those left with the old PowerPC apples are not going to be very happy.

It's going to be interesting to see how the hardcore Mac users are going to react to this move by Apple and many are probably going to leave Apple for good.

I am just glad I am not a Mac user or else this move would prove to be a very big headache in the near future.

You can find the article at:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Actually this move is not that big of a problem. I myself is also a Mac user (at school only), there will be a compatibility layer that VMWare has designed for Apple to help them move to Intel chips. IMO, this move will surely crush Windows Longhorn by a mile (which I hope so). The ones left with PowerPC have no problems because they'll be software designed for it.There's certainly Linux users running on PowerPC.xboxrulz

huh...amazing new.what's the reaction about IBM? :D competes with his main rich power pc.maybe the next apple os leopard will base on intel chips.then RISC would be converted to CISC for its macintosh layout. what the apple notebook will be named? Power book G? => Pentium M book centrino,sonoma,?

I feel that apple and intels partnership will be a boon for the computer industry in the future.The only reason many people were deprived of the beauti of Mac OS was because of the sheer expensive nature of the hardware.Now with Mac turning to intel ... which has a bigger foot print in the market, which inturn allows cheaper rates, Macs can finally be a part of every family.I was just reading about this in the news paper today and the views of the reporter were similar.Also something that no one has yet realized is that not only will Mac reach more people but WINDOWS will get a Worthy Competetor in the name or MAC OS.Linux, fresbds nothing has ever been able to prove superior than windows to the non-geeky masses.Think ... this might mean the end of windows dominanceCheers

you guys check out this site: http://crazyapplerumors.com/

some funny reactions of the mac community on the impending switch of apple to intel. :D

let me quote my favorite reaction:

AAAAAAAAAGH!!! AAAAAAAAAGH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

:D

you guys check out this site: http://crazyapplerumors.com/some funny reactions of the mac community on the impending switch of apple to intel.

I thought these were the funniest lines:

A: That's your fallback plan? When cannibalism is too much you switch to muffins?Q: I'm... I'm a picky eater.

Here is what I read from IHT.

SAN FRANCISCO Nearly a quarter-century ago, Apple Computer ran a sarcastic ad after its onetime rival encroached on its territory: "Welcome, IBM. Seriously." Last week, however, Steve Jobs had a different message for Big Blue, which had since become a chief ally: "Goodbye. Seriously."

Frankly, I think the heyday of IBM and Apple in the personal computer market is over already. What saved Apple these two years? It is ipod, a surprisingly low tech gadget readily make in any electronic plant in China. It is really sad that Apple has gone to this dead end. Look inside am iMAC computer still running DDR333 of the old stone age. We dont buy a computer simply because it looks smart, right? The personal computer section of IBM is also gone to a computer in China. These two companies are not making much contribution to PC anyway. Thats why they are losing out in the market.