xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kahat

What's Your Favorite Freeware Programs? Whats Your Favorite FREEWARE Programs?

Your Favorite FREEWARE Programs? I'm a huge user of freeware programs. I hate paying for things, and if i can get it for free, i'm gonna use it :DHere's a list of my current favorites.GAIM consolidate all your msn/aol/icq/yahoo instant messaging into one client. better than miranda and the other freeware ones i've tried.7-Zip support for most major compression schemes, and adds one of its own, .7z. 7zip makes smaller .zip files compared to pkware, and if you use .7z format, it compresses even smaller! i love it.DC++ for all your programming needs.WinMerge compare files/directories quickly and easily, with a visual summary. very nice if you need to do this.Notepad Replacements:Notepad++ Programmer's NotepadTextPad (this is shareware, but runs forever. just have to look at the splash screen) i only put it here since it is definitely worth the few bucks to purchase.PHP Designer 2005 very powerful and free - just takes a little whlie to learn the software.FileZilla open source FTP / SFTP client. couldn't live without this. speed limit capability, queues, etc.XnView freeware image viewer. slide show, multi-convert, handles every image format i've ever needed.The GIMP! THE only image editing tool i've ever needed.I hope you like these, and will at least try some of 'em out :PIf you have any favorites, please list them for us!

I also use a lot of freeware programsn as many do just as well as paid versions from leading software companies. It may take a little time to find what you are looking for, but its worth it in the end!

I like the Gimp, its a great image editing program. It has features almost like Photoshop or any other programe. The script-fu is great if you dont know how to make stylish banners.I also like Nvu. Its a freeware WYSIWYG. Its a little buggy but its the best freeware WYSIWYG editor.I like programmers notepad.And of course Firefox, the best free browser and Avant browser's pop-up blocker is also nice.

I think almost everybody use free ware programs.I also use a lot of GOOD free ware programs. On top of my list is TEXTPAD (Try this out if you like to write hard code)Ad-aware (perhaps best adaware FREE program)Mozilla Firefox(Best free browser)PHP Designer 2005 Thunderbird (Great free Email Client)Try them out.

i like flashget,Get files(include stream file) fast. Resume broken downloads. Organize. Do it all with FlashGet. i like MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger also,Yahoo Messenger got more powerful chatting Features!!!i like windows media player!it is useful and got powerful Features.the great media player in this world :P

Same here I hate paying for things so I do best to scour the internet for free stuff. 1. Antivir - my anti-virus, I'd say better than mcafee.2 .Mozilla Firefox - browser, I've said my goodbye to all those annoying ads that popped up while I was using Internet Explorer3. Limewire - where I get the latest music and video files for FREE!!! I just can't get it. Original CDS are too expensive for me. 4. Mozilla Thunderbird - e-mail client definitely better than Outlook. 5. Adaware - Thanks to you my computer is spyware safe. 6. JCreator - Java IDE I use to study Java7. Yahoo Messenger -

VLC (Videolan Media Player), that suports a lot of formats without needing to download codecs continually.By the way... are messengers and windows media player freeware?? :P

GIFFY!!! All the way man! This is heavy!One delightful day I happen to come accross this fantabulous thing.. and well it made my web site a whole lot easier to manage and store.It just like kind of compresses bitmap files and turns them into .GIFs It doesn't lose that much quality either.. unless the image is REALLY detailed.. it also can make ONE color transparent if you get me.

Some freeware programs taht I like would be.Firefox: I'm sure all of you have heard of this.MSN Messenger: I can't remember people's phone numbers. So with MSN Messenger I could get people to add me and then talk. ShareAZA: Since I decided that it'd be much better to download music (also because it's legal here in CanadA) I needed this program. Also it has no bugs, viruses, or spyware.Microsoft Anti Spyware: I like this better then Ad-aware mainlyy because this one looks cooler. It gets teh job done and works well. DBPowerAmp: One of the best and probably the only (freeware) mp3 to wav and other audio format converters. It can do almost anything audio wise adn the quality isn't half bad.

I love the GIMP. It's wonderful.That apart, I like Firefox a lot, although I use Opera more these days, because I've fallen in love with it's integrated mail client. Very neat. It's freeware except for a little banner ad that's not even distracting. I'll stop here, though, don't want to begin another firefox v/s any-other-browser argument right now.Don't think anyone has mentioned emacs yet - very powerful text editor with syntax highlighting, runs on Linux and Windows.LaTeX for mathematical typesetting.Acrobat Reader for the pdf files.That's all I can remember right off... Cheers!

My favourite freeware programs are...Filezilla - One of the best FTP programs around!Firefox - The browser that I use on a regular basis these days.FTP Commander - Like Filezilla, only on a basic level.AceHTML/1st Page 2000 - Before I got a hold of Dreamweaver, I used these programs quite often.Shareaza - Great program to download those music files - and no viruses and/or spyware!The GIMP - Awesome graphics program. Say no more!AntiVir - One of the better antivirus programs available.

DC++ is not a programming tool, it is a P2P file sharing tool.GCC however is an excellent programming compiler for CShareaza is another good P2P that connects to eDonkey, Gnutella (1 and 2) and bittorrents. It is open source and adware free too which is nice.OpenOffice is really great.

I really love these freeware program :File Zilla : The best FTP Program out of them allInternet Explorer 7 : A very easy to use and really good explorer for the internetWindow Media Player 11 : It is the best for sure , can play all of my media fileAd-Adware Personal (I don't remember the exact name) : A good Anti-Spyware programAnd more but tose are my favorite. Off the topic a little : Do you know where I can find a good free Anti-Virus Program ? Thanks