xisto Community
skazi

RPG Maker XP

Your thoughts?I think it is pretty cool, but the games kind of lag just a little on my peice of crap 1 GHz. I dont really like the fact that you actually have to write out the scripts for simple things that they took out.

RPG Maker XP wasnt as good as RPG Maker 2003, i liked how it used Ruby Scripting, but the characters got in the way in battle, it gets kinda annoying, and the chipsets are kinda weird, i like some of the stuff it has, but its nothing to 2003 :)

I got my parents to let me buy the japanese version, and got my japanese friend to help translate it, I haven't got the new one, but I loved 2k3, why would't you like the scripting in it? When i head about it, I thought it would be the best feature.

Questions:I have created a game using RPG Maker 2k3 then I created the .exe of it...however, after the installation i could not play the game....What happened? Can anyone answer?

I've tryed making a game before :) It didnt quite work out, you started it up and you couldnt see anything but the score board, and you didnt even get to pick username or anything :)

I got Rpgmaker XP, and I think its pretty cool, the scripting lets you break the boundries of rm2k3 and rm2000 and I agree, they have taken out some vital stuff, no longer can I just call a command and have an inn....and you cant use AVI movies in it anymore!!, (although thats being worked on by the loyal fans of the rpg maker series)but i still kinda prefer it to the others, the character set can be ANY size, and the characters are slightly better built, no more short fat people!!

So is it freely avaible like 2K or is it considered illegal?

The english RMXp is not legal, none of the english rpgmaker series are lega, but if you buy them in japanese, you are allowed to get the translation patches. For Rmxp Rpg_Advocates english patch is available, and for rm2k/2k3 Don Miguel's patch is the one you want. But it is definately illegal to download them for free.

I have to admit i really didnt like rpg maker xp I thought that 2003 was much better I searched on google for it and it gave me a link to download I cant remember what it was now just try and find one on google

I know where you can get them...**************************That one has the Illegal translations of the Makers...I used em' before... but then realized I wouldn't get anywhere...