xisto Community
greendilim

Yahoo Publisher Advertising Network Google Adsense Alternative

I made this thread so we can really discuss on the new advertising network being released by Yahoo. I think it will be called Yahoo! publisher network and i hear that it will be just like google AdSense. Yahoo employee's are already quietly testing their new contextual advertising program for blogs and other small publishers. Ken Rudman, is a product manager at Yahoo-owned Overture, and his blog features contextual Overture ads throughout his site. Here are 2 pages showing the 2 different set of ad units: vertical two-ad format and horizontal three-ad format. I think the ads look fairly good since its still new. (good for people who got disabled by AdSense) ..

They'll have to undergo a lot of development and I suppose they'll also start rejecting applicants soon enough (if not at the beginning). I'm just assuming and this well may be just a hypothesis. What I see the Yahoo! network doing here is just competing with Google in every single way possible. I don't know if it's healthy or not, but these two net-firms are always trying to reduce competition by the other by virtually releasing services the other already has. Now, I heard that Google is also planning to release their own IM service. It sure will make it a tough time for users to select which service is best. Let's just wait and watch.

These ads look very similar to the ones used by Google, and unless Yahoo has some discerning factor that makes them far better than GoogleAds, then Google will probably retain most of its users.

I wouldn't mind having two different ads. I currently use google adsense on my page. But it would be great if Yahoo started doing it to. I hope they are able to do something with the keywords so the ads are relevant.

I surely hope that Yahoo! will be better than google because this will be an opportunity for users who got banned from AdSense to have another chance to make some, hopefully, Good Money. I've seen on the net somewhere that Yahoo!'s targeting will be better than AdSense and that Yahoo! would show better results relevant to the sites content. Google seems to list down alot of spam in their results, has anyone noticed that Yahoo!'s image search shows better results than google? That would probly better be the same as the results on Overture..

The main concern for me is that they offer TRANSPARENT customer interaction. I want to know exactly who is clicking, when they click, and also the cost. Google is basically hiding all this information so no one can compare notes. They use their "smart pricing" to discount earnings of publishers but we really don't know when it is applied and why... I would give Yahoo a try for sure. I have signed up for their notification and so far they are offering the Yahoo ads but you won't get paid for it.

Hmmm im also looking forward to Yahoo!'s network, whats the site to sign up for the notification, i wana get it as soon as its released. Im hoping Yahoo! will have better support than Google, Eg. Their automated emails!........ GRR.

The ads look very similar to google adsense... anyone knows what it wud pay like and what extra features would it offer so as to interest people to switch from google ads to yahoo! ads??Cheers.

This is a good news for those who where banned from Google Adsense.And I don't think this is not a bad idea, and because Google and Yahoo! are direct compettitors they might make the payments for each clich higher than the other. I really hope Yahoo Publisher would pay better!

Yes, Yahoo is still the no. one website according to Google and I also think the second largest search engine. Waiting for them to launch their new program.