xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dundun2007

Diablo Ii: Lord Of Destruction Just to hear peoples thoughts

Well as some of you may know from my signature i play diablo II: LOD and have been for about 3 years now. The game is excellent and even though it has been around for awhile its still a really good game. For those of you who havent heard of this game, its a rpg based off the diablo 1 and diablo II series. The LOD is the expansion to the Diablo II game and in my opinion is a must have in order to play the game. There are only a couple hundred people that play Diablo II and there are thousands who play Diablo II:LOD. The game is either a campaign game or an online game where you can duel and go through the game with other peoples help. Currently i play both ladder and non ladder on the Useast server. Online is free so i recommend buying the game if you like rpgs.Let me know if you want to challenge me in a duel or just play the game. Whipser me on battle net at dundun_2007 or just send me a pm and we can get together and play sometime.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

yeah it's a nice game, but it's way 2 easy, especialy after patch 2,0 when all those runeword items came ingame, owke u couldnt boost people anymore (they said) but u canthe first 10 lvl's u do urself, then get boosted, cow on lvl 20 on normal, then go on, etc. then do diablo minion runs on nightmare, (are good from +/- 40 till lvl 65) then do diablo on helll (especialy minions) = BIG exp til lvl 85-90 (but then is everything slow so that's the best way) Also the game is further just way to easy, for fun i made a Bone necro, with enigma armor, that 75% cast speed dagger, LOTS of charms, and some other nice stuff, well just say that i dueled more then 500-1000 lvl 90+'s and havent got beaten, im teleporting faster then sorc's, so nothing can hit me, i had loads of life and mana, and i had some nice strong spells 2 kill everything in no time :Dbut anyway, stopped the game because it was 2 easy a month later, altough it's a cool game :( but now im playing World of Warcraft :D and believe me, WoW is about 100x as good :(

Yeah the game does get kinda of easy after awhile, i get a challenge by dueling other people other people online. Thats always something to do, going through the game can be hard once you get to the "hell" difficulty. I do agree though they should make another patch or expansion. It would really be a good idea to just make a Diablo III and that would bring alot of Diablo players back online. I think blizzard would make alot of money off of a Diablo III i know i would buy it.

I love this game. It is my absolute favorite PC game evar. I have beaten this game in normal nightmare and in hell with a necromancer. I played on and off so it took me about a year and a half. I loved every minute of it.This game is a definite must have. They have to make another Diablo game or another expansion. Even if the story is somewhat of a meh I would still play it!BUY NOW!

I've been hooked on this game for quite a while, played and in my opinion mastered all classes. Eventuallly though, it gets repetitive and is the same thing over and over again, and the only fun comes in creating new builds, which can only go so far (unique ones, like javalin amazon, freeze paladin, poison necromancer, etc.). There are some new ones you guys should try out too though, if you liked LOD, such as guild wars!

Diablo 2 was alright...I played it for about 3 weeks then got tired of it. Not exactly what I was looking for in the game. I play Guild Wars now which is Way better. Most of the characters in Diablo 2 would end up looking the same and that isn't something I like in the games that I play. Guild wars has a bit of customization to where you can be different then others...sometimes you will run into someone that does look like you though.

Yup diablo 2 is the bomb lol...

been around since i belive 99 or 98 i forget!

but yeah ive been playin for quite some time now and its one of the best rpg games ive played its alot of fun all of those who dont have it are not as cool! lol not really but its fun to say.

anyways its a great game check it out some time.

well for those that want to cehck it out here a link to there homepage

Diablo 2 LOD

and heres a ncie link to a sister site they own where they pretty much show you everything in the game
Arreat Summit

and yeah check it out they should be comin out with d3 in the future...

graphics where ok action was good but i thought the story was a little bland and short for my taste

I agree! The game is very cool! maybe it is to dark! I think colors, but it is my favorit rpg! I can play this game very long hours! I can't play in battlnet ;-( ( i have illegal copy) , but i play Muonline it is copy of Diablo! I like it! Sombody know somethink about Diablo 3? If know plzz put some links! :unsure:

Ditto, I loved Diablo II : LODI really didn't care much for the story, but for the simplicity of the battle system was where it shinied. No complicated targeting/locking on to enemys, that was probably the best thing about diablo. Bad things were it became really easy after a bit. And training became to repetative.

Actually, the WHOLE thing is pretty much an RPG. I played it for about 2 years (yes, I played it when I was around 10 or 11 - explains something, doesn't it? :P) Then again, I grew up with Blizzard so it seemed pretty much to be the norm. My 77 Amazon, RatoftheSouth (don't ask) along with her many mules and storage characters died while I was on vacation so I didn't get to socket any of my epics. If I remember, I had at least three SOJ's stored up on those mules. It makes me sad B)Now that I play World of Warcraft all the time, I kind of want to go back in the series and relive Orcs and Humans, Tides of Darkness, Beyond the Dark Portal - all of those. I never really got into Starcraft as much as the other two since sci-fi really isn't my thing :/Back to the point - Diablo never got boring for me. Nothing really gets boring for me for a while. I still kind of wish I could run around in Harrogath doing those little quests. I want to be able to play with that cool interface again. I'm so used to seeing the World of Warcraft one that it would be nice for a change every now and then. The only thing that really annoyed me was that I was deleted when I was about to beat Diablo in Hell mode. I beat Baal in it but forgot about Diablo (I think that's what happened). If they took out the two-month deletion thing, I'd so play again. So fun!

I played DII:LOD for about 3years and i think its the best game i ever played. It all started when my friend gave me diablo1 and i finisched it whit the knight in a few days. At that time i heard the expension set for dII was released. The next day i went to the store and got dII and its expension pack. When the installation was finisched and i started the game, i was stuned. The graph, the charecters, evrything... It was and still is the best game i played so far. And from that day onn i became a Blizzard fan, I played wc3 and expension the frozen throne, atm i'm saving for WOW. I hope maybe blizzard will stun me again whhit this game and I hope i will have as mutch fun *bottom* i had when i played DII.DII rox!!Grtz,DeathStroke

i like diablo2 its just that i cant sit there for hours and play it though so my character usually expires so then i have to start over lol anyways i do like the game and i think it should have another expansion pack to.